Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Ariong posted:

Google is failing me. Can someone repost that french video of the guy dressed as santa chasing down a car after it hit someone?

is there an aftermath? was the guy okay, how much time did the driver get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
https://i.imgur.com/hRNSraV.gifv

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

shopping cart falls are always the most painful looking falls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPvLGRRTac&t=155s

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

gleebster posted:

There's only so many Buddhists to go round.

But boy, do they go round

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Yes, because picking up somebody and body slamming them on the concrete after being pushed is an appropriate response for equality.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

wayfinder posted:

Hoo boy this one has layers. Isn't the girl from the original post a girl who killed herself because of bullying or internet extortion or something? Why is knowing who she is and not recognizing a musician who died 23 years ago a sign of apocalyptic moral decay? :psyduck:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Hoo boy this one has layers. Isn't the girl from the original post a girl who killed herself because of bullying or internet extortion or something? Why is knowing who she is and not recognizing a musician who died 23 years ago a sign of apocalyptic moral decay? :psyduck:

I think it's more about the fact that the girl asking who Kurt Cobain is has a loving Nirvana t-shirt on in her profile pic. I really think you don't need to travel much deeper than that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
But who is that on the left?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

But who is that on the left?

No idea. But I'm not ashamed to admit that because I highly doubt I'm wearing a t-shirt with something related her emblazoned on across my chest.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Proteus Jones posted:

No idea. But I'm not ashamed to admit that because I highly doubt I'm wearing a t-shirt with something related her emblazoned on across my chest.

Narrator's voice: He was.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Narrator's voice: He was.

*looks down at shirt*

gently caress!

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Phanatic posted:

If we're talking about just an ordinary sick day and not some extended absence, requiring a doctor's note is really loving stupid. Doctors hate it because they have way more important things to do with their time than writing a note to teacher like it's loving high school, and it drives up medical costs and makes it harder for people who actually need the attention of a doctor to get to see one. Also, it's another way to discourage sick employees from staying home and not infecting their coworkers.

I can't figure out why if you give your employees x days of sick leave and y days of vacation a year you shouldn't just expect them to take x+y days off and be happy if they show up for more than that. It's one of their benefits, treat them like adults.

In a previous life, i had a boss that pretty much said that even though we give you X days off, you aren't allowed that many in a year as it is abnormal and he would refer you higher up the chain.

Bitch wasn't so happy after i had a little over 6 weeks up my sleeve and managed to take every single day of it in the busiest part of the year. He was calling almost every day expecting me to 'work from home' while i was on sick leave.
Was even less happy when i emailed him my resignation. From what i heard he had been keeping all the stuff i only i could do for when i got back to work. So the entire place was now 6 weeks in the shitter and down someone with over 10 years experience.

Was put on a 3 month probation, but managed to keep his job :/

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Proteus Jones posted:

I think it's more about the fact that the girl asking who Kurt Cobain is has a loving Nirvana t-shirt on in her profile pic. I really think you don't need to travel much deeper than that.

Yes I got that part, but I mean the original post was pretty thick iosm. Unless I'm mistaken, on the left that's Amanda Todd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

So what kind of comparison is that?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Yes I got that part, but I mean the original post was pretty thick iosm. Unless I'm mistaken, on the left that's Amanda Todd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

So what kind of comparison is that?

Oh, yeah. I get you. It's completely asinine. But like everything with life, I zero in on the part where I can laugh at people. I like to save my thinky-meats for serious uses like calculating how many beers I have left in the fridge by counting all the empties strewn about on the floor.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Proteus Jones posted:

Oh, yeah. I get you. It's completely asinine. But like everything with life, I zero in on the part where I can laugh at people. I like to save my thinky-meats for serious uses like calculating how many beers I have left in the fridge by counting all the empties strewn about on the floor.

Gotcha - but that's what I meant by "it's layered."

:discourse:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

wayfinder posted:

I recently was talking to a girl who was probably 24 years old, wearing a Misfits shirt. I told her "you didn't strike me as a Misfits fan" and she responded with "who?" and I was like "uh the band on your shirt" then she told me "Oh I thought it was a Marilyn Monroe shirt".

Upon further inspection, it was the Misfits skull, superimposed over a photoshopped picture Marilyn Monroe in sexy basketball gear smoking a blunt. And in that moment I felt very old and confused.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 06:10 on Dec 26, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

An angry couple tries to fight a man in a Wawa. They lose really badly.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

I'll take the two skinned-up girls over whoever doesn't recognize cobain

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:lol:

Zero sympathy for either of those idiots.

Dude should have knocked that idiot woman out cold, tbh.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

This is extremely good. I really hope that dude pressed charges since they assaulted him first and it's all on video.

Zipperelli. posted:

:lol:

Zero sympathy for either of those idiots.

Dude should have knocked that idiot woman out cold, tbh.

:same:

Maybe I'm sick, but I really wanted both of those idiots to get badly injured for being such human garbage.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They both got bonked in the face that was enough, no one needed to get crippled.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there a story behind the fight? My headphones are a little wonky at the moment, so I couldn't really make out what they were saying.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

veni veni veni posted:

They both got bonked in the face that was enough, no one needed to get crippled.
/

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 08:24 on Dec 26, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have no sympathy for cartoon drawing men.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CommissarMega posted:

Is there a story behind the fight? My headphones are a little wonky at the moment, so I couldn't really make out what they were saying.

Guy in green: Take it outside bro.

Lady: [???]

Guy in green: I didn't say anything.

Lady: [Slaps the guy in green]

Guy in blue is trying to get in close.

Lady is shoving guy in blue back.

Guy in green: Come on come on, you can't hurt me, come on.

Guy in green throws down, doesn't get hurt.

Guy in plaid to guy in blue: Please chill.

Lady: You don't know who the gently caress my brother is (rear end in a top hat?)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Firing people for being sick makes sense really. You are getting rid of the weak people, with defective bodies. Eventually your entire workforce will be made up of Supermen who never get sick and have perfect genes. :ghitler:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Former DILF posted:

as a manager, if you got some scribbly illegible bullshit on hospital letterhead would you just shrug and accept it?

Phanatic posted:

If we're talking about just an ordinary sick day and not some extended absence, requiring a doctor's note is really loving stupid. Doctors hate it because they have way more important things to do with their time than writing a note to teacher like it's loving high school, and it drives up medical costs and makes it harder for people who actually need the attention of a doctor to get to see one.

I've had some 100% legit doctors notes for days when I was really genuinely sick where the doctor looked at me for 2 minutes and kicked me out the door with a note which just said "Snowglobe was unable to attend work on [date] because of a medical issue" or "Snowglobe was unfit for work on [date] due to illness" with no further details and management never questioned them. Of course, if I was going to fake a doctors certificate I would have made it look more convincing than that. :v:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Do you just go to the hospital and tell the person at the front desk that you need a doctor's note and hope that they don't just tell you to gently caress off? What kind of doctor even handles such things? I've never been to a doctor so I have no idea how it works.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

The way I've always handled it is that if I'm sick enough to need more than one day off work then I'm sick enough to see a doctor about it.
Do you not understand how to treat basic illnesses that you shouldn't be exposing other people to? Like, going to a doctor for a day of flu-like symptoms is probably a waste of everyone's time unless you've got some significant prior conditions, but you shouldn't be working either.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Just be a real American and go to work sick because you can't afford to lose wages and you can't afford to see a doctor anyway.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Do you just go to the hospital and tell the person at the front desk that you need a doctor's note and hope that they don't just tell you to gently caress off? What kind of doctor even handles such things? I've never been to a doctor so I have no idea how it works.

I just go to my nearest general practitioners office and speak to one of the doctors there. They hand me a note that says I'm sick from the day I walk in to whenever we think I'll be okay. Note that they don't predate it as they have no idea what condition I was in before I arrived. Doesn't cost me anything, either.
At least, that's how it works for me in Australia. I would never go to a hospital for a certificate.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
Or, if you can't get an appointment with a GP, there are some pharmacists that will issue a letter for a small admin fee (around $15-20), no questions asked.

Edit: I don't know the legality of this but I assume it's ok, since I've seen clear signage at several stores of a major chemist franchise.

Suck-A-Sage has a new favorite as of 12:16 on Dec 26, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gromit posted:

I just go to my nearest general practitioners office and speak to one of the doctors there. They hand me a note that says I'm sick from the day I walk in to whenever we think I'll be okay. Note that they don't predate it as they have no idea what condition I was in before I arrived. Doesn't cost me anything, either.
At least, that's how it works for me in a country whose government gives a single solitary poo poo about its populace. I would never go to a hospital for a certificate.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

My doctor's office has a form letter. And they won't even hesitate to hand one out for as many dates as you want. No specifics, mind you, but it's basically their way of telling companies to eat poo poo.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/1MkMCm2.gifv

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/79zme9o.mp4

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

doverhog posted:

Firing people for being sick makes sense really. You are getting rid of the weak people, with defective bodies. Eventually your entire workforce will be made up of Supermen who never get sick and have perfect genes. :ghitler:

Sure, you're selecting for people who don't catch colds, but you're breeding weaker workers, overall. That's why so many employees have peanut allergies, now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm in the US and I usually have to wait 3-4 days after making an appointment to see my doctor and then I'd have to pay $50 to do it. If I had a more pressing issue I could request to see whatever available doctor but that would cost more. I'm not getting a doctor's note if I just have the flu for a couple days, gently caress that.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Why does living in the US have to be so confusing. I'm just confused as poo poo about everything at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Doctors are important people with busy schedules, plan your illnesses accordingly.