Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Dante Logos posted:

For those who don't know, Totalbiscuit was diagnosed with cancer and has two years to live if I remember right.

Can someone tell this story from beginning, because I have no idea who these people are and what the hell you're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Dropbear posted:

Vidja game critic gets popular, so all the cool internet kids jump on the hatewagon. The dude gets cancer, which is now considered incurable. I'm not sure what the funny schadenfreude part is either.

I seriously do not loving get "video game culture."

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Personally I believe that the sport I like to watch is good, as opposed the others, which are bad.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

This may belong in the "unpopular opinion" thread but I think running people over with your car is bad.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Bip Roberts posted:

absolutely huge gif

maybe link that?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Isn't that what you wanna do when you're about to get hosed up and you have no control over anything but your own body? Limbs in, protect your core & head, seems like a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IUR4gkPIE

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I guess that the fans grew angry about the way the fight was scripted?

No, ECW crowds were just insane and got carried away.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Pro wrestling owns unlike Nascar

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Absolutely nobody cares about your senior pranks

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

AlphaKretin posted:

For all the contributions from here that wind up in the cute thread, it's high time something got cross posted to here. From Stupid Life Hacks:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/grace/sugar.asp

It's not as bad for cars as we think it is!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Foxhound posted:

Some repeats, but overall very schadenfreudy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn69hfjqAsg

The dude who crashed the car on a straight, unobstructed road...

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Desuwa posted:

How do you prove that I exist? Likewise I cannot prove that you exist. I could be a brain in a jar being fed sensory information.

There are a lot of things, most "things" in fact, that you cannot prove beyond all possible alternative explanations. "Negatives" aren't special and don't exist as a set of things.

Even ignoring those kinds of things, it's possible to prove that physical unicorns don't exist in this universe. It's just not practical, as it would involve somehow confirming that no unicorn is present anywhere in the universe at once, but that's not "impossible", just impractical. It's very easy to change it (unicorns only exist sometimes, unicorns are not observable, etc) so that it's impossible to disprove but it's just as easy to make things that are impossible to prove.

As a simple proof, let's assume I can't prove "negatives."

So for every X I cannot prove "not X." Therefore I also can't prove "not not X" either, and since "not not X" is just "X" I can't prove anything, at all.

Smoke weed every day

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

The NYT and AP got trolled by a fake Gamergate story from San Bernardino.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Catnipped posted:

The schadenfreude is coming from inside the thread.

ONE

TWO

THREE

YOUR WINNER, AND NEWWWWWWWW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, ORANGE CAT

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

This thread got weird fast

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Regalingualius posted:

Really, really NSFW due to the subject matter (not any of the actual content), but this is the greatest loving trainwreck in a while: https://storify.com/jasperrolls/the-silent-hill-wiki-circumcision-meltdown-of-2015

I cannot possibly emphasize enough how important it is that you click this link.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Why is everyone so mad about hoverboards

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

speshl guy posted:

You've obviously never been to Detroit. There are tens of thousands of vacant homes and a homeless population to rival it. That homeowner never lived there and bought it for a pittance in an attempt to flip it, only to find that it will never sell because every other house in the neighborhood is being squatted in as well, so she took her frustration out on the squatter, who was doing what literally everyone she knows was doing, by trying to RUN HER OVER WITH HER CAR. They even zoomed in on the comically obvious tire tracks in the grass, so this attempted murder was incredibly RECENT and the homeowner is filmed with an air of quiet dignity the entire time. wtf

I'm not saying the squatter was right, but literally no one else is in that segment either.

Didn't you know that in America all crimes are punishable by death? That's why it's totally ok to shoot someone running away with your TV.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

MRAs continue to be dumb as hell

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gL7zSVl.png[[/img]

Flawless logic

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I'm the guy going "ooooooh" in the background

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh, poo poo that was last week's. Here's the new one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBkh2e6HYqo

I'm the homicidal guitarist at 3:42.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

gently caress that coin and gently caress the Cardinals and gently caress the lovely overtime rules

Angry Wisconsinite detected

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhUQUkLpA3I

Ghost Tractor at 1:04 is this week's highlight.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

Forgot about Dre.

WHOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Personally I would want my child to tell me quickly and urgently if they were vomiting blood.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Especially one focused on news for the most popular sports team in the world. No competition there!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Holy balls post funny gifs and shut up about video games

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Jastiger posted:

Anything but baseball. Every sport has its lulls. But I can't think of another major sport in the US that you can spend your entire time on the field standing in engaged and still win. Even in Soccer your goalie can be a part of an offensive to reset the ball.

Baseball, only 3 people are required every play. The pitcher, the batter, and the catcher. Everyone else could be snoozing. It's also superstitious which is silly. Lastly it doesn't use technology to properly officiate, so you get snap calls that mean your team wins or loses on literally a whim. No recourse no review just lol, the sun was in my eye so you're out.

Not only are you an obnoxious rear end in a top hat, you're wrong. Baseball has had replay since 2008.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

You know a country has a great prison system when beatings and rape are an assumed part of a sentence. Great job America! :)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

If you think it's fantastic that prisoners are routinely beaten and abused in America's prisons, even if they're horrible people like Fogle, you're a shithead. Hope this helps!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Basebf555 posted:

Some prisoners deserve it, some don't. The one's who commit sexual abuse against children deserve it. Its possible to hold an opinion that doesn't apply broadly to every single case, hope this helps!

No they don't. We don't sentence people to beatings and rape in a civilized society. We're supposed to be better than that, not that we actually are. Hope this helps even more!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Basebf555 posted:

I didn't say anything about sentencing, or that our justice system sentences people to beatings. I'm not suggesting physical violence should ever be a tool used by the state, and I'm against the death penalty.

Whether someone "deserves" a beating or not is a totally different issue though. Some people do, some people don't.

When a justice system sentences people to prisons where beatings, rape, and abuse are known to be widespread, and nobody seems interested in stopping it, they are sentencing people to beatings, rape, and abuse. There's a reason our culture has jokes about "don't drop the soap in the shower LOL!"

I'll drop it since this really isn't the thread. This is one of the issues that makes me angry.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I have no interest in watching the video but I'm mildly curious what he did this time

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

From Imgur: someone's dog ate a scorpion

SO regretful :v:

"yes, I know, stop staring you jackass"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

Nah, they should have a better dad.

Scorching take, my man

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Wasn't a previous thread title "shut up about Gamergate forever?"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Palpek posted:

Look for it:

From the postgame interview

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/311187137414459392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Weatherman posted:

I don't get it. Is "basketball ring" a profanity in Indiana or in the US or something?

There is no such thing as a basketball ring. It's called a hoop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Which thread is this again?