Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Russian dash cams of the police catching all those horrible drivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQfcm-29lw

Extra Epic Fail Car Crashes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ-ku6kaFqs

Extra Epic Fail for October:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfhOGpTbmPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

nerdz posted:

Is that... blood?

The thing to remember about roos is that they do contain a lot of blood and other fluids, but mostly they're made out of bone and ludicrous amounts of muscle.

They are a huge danger at night on outback roads because they move about after dark, are fast as hell and can just come out of nowhere to destroy your car and probably kill you.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
EpicFails for October:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vM1l2mrYws

This one is worth watching for the two gigantic ships hitting each other at the 4 minute mark.

And Fail Army does the opposite with a people are awesome video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6a-X9x8YNw

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

moist turtleneck posted:

Thug Life

Seriously, that Auto 666 has some amazing videos

Yeah, I subscribe to their channel but don't post their videos here because most aren't schadenfreude, just 'clutch your chest in horror as people almost die'.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Roro posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/subscription..._campaign=pcgfb

Ooooh boy. I'm not sure if I'd rather have this succeed, or fail.

$10 per month for something I can do for free with uBlock and YouTube Center?

Sign me the gently caress up!!!

\/\/ Nooooooooo!

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 04:06 on Oct 22, 2015

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Hey, chef!

Every story I've ever heard about chefs has them as raging lunatics or quiet psychopaths.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Jxforema posted:

I was an inflatable mascot in high school and college, and that never stopped being funny.

Now that I'm watching the gif again, I really don't see how that hit knocked out the guy in the mascot suit.

I didn't even dent in the inflatable head.

\/\/Well now I just feel silly.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Oct 24, 2015

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Slugnoid posted:

Eek, the guy at the 2:00 mark didn't make it... :stonk:
http://remembered.co.za/obituary/view/27203

Goddamn, I didn't even notice it was a person the first time I watched it. I thought it was just more debris.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
One of the best moments ever, too.

First time I saw it, I nearly choked from laughing so hard.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Helios Grime posted:

Nice compilation of, in my oppinion, most sweetest schadenfreude.

Too early win celebrations.

The only thing better than the too early win celebration - the too early win celebration and being a cock about it.

http://i.imgur.com/gPICWf6.webm

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Phosphine posted:

Sweden does not do this.

Can't count that high?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
A different type of Russian dashcam montage - Russian dogs crossing roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pkymH2hYRw

Don't worry, no dog gets hurt in any way. In fact, the whole video simply proves that Russian dogs are far smarted than Russian people.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Hyperlynx posted:

I don't know about "far smarted". I think "less drunk" is the more likely explanation.

Note that almost all the dog use actual pedestrian crossings to cross the road, too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Return of giant mutant spider dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDdO2vGtk28

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Ah yes, the day Melbournians pretend to be all posh by dressing up, betting half their monthly wage, "having a little flutter" and then throwing up and passing out in a gutter.

Sheer class.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdpxPLqnq1M

Lost my poo poo at the guy with the champagne bottle though.

For me it was the one right before it - the accidental volleyball blowjob.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Isn't he supposed to turn the other cheek?

He also supposed to not be like unto the Pharisee. Or whatever those jerks were called in the bible who went around acting like dickholes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
No, you see fluoride is a dangerous poison in the same way sodium is an explosive metal and chlorine a toxic gas which is why table salt should be outlawed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Exrta Epic Fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hqosnlQb0

Let's all take a moment to pour out a forty for our fallen rat hero :unsmith:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

-Zydeco- posted:

Some pending schadenfreude from the dashcam thread

That's some drat fine schadenfreude.

I'm not that familiar with how US traffic laws work, but if it's anything like it is here, I'm guessing the driver fleeing turns it from a minor infraction to something much bigger?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Not me and pretty tame by comparison, but his senior year my dad's group of friends threw an open bottle of Mr. Bubble into the big fountain by his high school's football stadium. On homecoming game night. I'm told it was a thing of beauty.

He didn't throw the bottle, but he knows who did, and he isn't telling :v: the fountain still has a fence up around it to this day.

It was a high school tradition for about twenty years in my home town for kids to add bubble bath to the town fountain at the end of the school year. It was always a glorious sight.

The schadenfreude is that one year, the council decided to be jerks and turned the fountain off for an entire week :( And have done that every year since.

Some people have no soul.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I can kinda wrap my head around some of the sovereign citizen arguments. They mostly range from the simply stupid to the insane. But there is a sort or bizarre cargo cult logic to them.

But the idea that everyone is entitle to $200,00 (or whatever) at birth is a total mystery to me.

I would also have loved to have seen the judge's face when the loon tried to pay his debt by handing over a birth certificate with loving stamps all over it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Desuwa posted:

This isn't one of them but every time I see close calls with death I'm reminded of the stupid poo poo I did as a kid that brought me thaaaat close to death. Like sticking my head out of a train car window maybe 20 seconds away from some metal signs that would have sheared my head clean off. Or that one time I jumped off a bridge.

It wasn't a very high bridge.

Then I huddle in the fetal position in the shower for half an hour.

Intrusive memories - everyone's own endless schadenfreude.

Just walking along the street on a nice sunny day then BAM! out of nowhere your brains goes, "Hey remember that time you did something horribly stupid and embarrassing? How about you relive exactly how bad you felt?"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Uncle Enzo posted:

Commercial BAC limit is .04%, but yeah as long as you're under that (assuming you also can pass some kind of roadside cognitive thing) you are legal.

Good lord, what backwards hellhole do you live in where commercial BAC isn't 0.0?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Birb Katter posted:

I can't believe you guys still use field tests, just give everyone a breathalyzer and ditch that arbitrary poo poo.

Ever wonder why the US road death toll is up there with countries like Uzbekistan, Chile and Romania with more than 11 road deaths per 100,000 inhabitants per year?

Australia is right down with Western Europe in the 5 per 100,000 range.

Also, US road death hovers around 35,000 people per year - there's some loving schadenfreude. No wait, that's just tragic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

gently caress

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
US Republicans have spent the last few decades not-quite-openly cultivating poverty stricken hate filled racists as their voter base.

Trump is the wet dream of poverty stricken hate filled racists and is gleefully courting their vote by being openly hate filled and racist.

The Republicans are now embarrassed that their "legitimate" politicians will be tarnished and get their arses handed to them in the next election because while people will tolerate dog whistle racism, open racism is enough to get everyone out and voting against them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Indolent Bastard posted:

IT-freude

Interesting story from a very well known company supplying fantasy wargaming products in Nottingham (Games Workshop).

“Two months later,” James wrote, “I received a call from the horrified IT Director (the IT Manager himself had been made redundant straight after me), to ask if I knew why they faced an ISDN bill for over £100,000.”

Games Workshop really are the worst loving company. I relish every horrible loving thing which happens to them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
When I was young, we still had the "red rattlers" - trains with manually opened doors and windows.

If you wanted to go between carriages you had to actually step between them - I mean you were outside and looking down at the rails passing under you.

Naturally, everyone used these spots as toilets. The carriages did have toilets which were literally just a pipe going straight through to the ground and you could also watch the ground speed by under you as you pissed.

So one time my friend was trying to take a piss between carriages, one foot on each like a manly man, only to look to one side and see a mum and her little kids staring at him through the window on the carriage door. Poor bastard nearly fell off and tucked himself back in before the flow had stopped and ended up with piss all down his leg for the rest of the journey.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 05:57 on Dec 13, 2015

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ethnic man gives free luggage samples to strangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckdToC8MMw

Here's their FB page if you want to read all the outraged comments:
https://www.facebook.com/jalalbros/

This is the first prank video in just about forever that I've genuinely enjoyed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I like this part form the article:

quote:

Couch gained attention when he was sentenced to 10 years of probation for the crash, which left four people dead and nine injured...The father said the resurfacing of attention on Couch's case over the past few days has put a strain on his family. "It's drastically affected my family," McConnell said. "It's brought out emotions that we shouldn't have to be dealing with."

I dunno, I'm guessing the families of all those people he killed and maimed have also been going through a lot of emotion they "shouldn't have to be dealing with". His father makes it seem like it just a loving inconvenience.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Atticus_1354 posted:

Try reading that again. It isn't his father. It is the father of one of the injured people.

Ah, you're right. I thought it was incredibly stupid for Couch's family to be commenting publicly like that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Bollards!

I think they were the very first youtube schadenfreude videos I ever watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnfeDtnuds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0wY-hvMC44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Cw0QJU8ro

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Dec 23, 2015

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Birb Katter posted:

You should move to a backwater country like Australia where you'd get the poo poo kicked out of you for using one.

I've seen two, both in shopping centres at night :ughh:

One guy was crossing at the lights after presumably shopping and I had to stop and watch just to see if he fell head first into traffic so I could laugh at him. Sadly, he did not.

trickybiscuits posted:

Push them and then deny it.

Come up behind them and press down on the edge of the board causing it to fly out from under them - then yell at them for riding those stupid things in a public place.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Good lord, you can think the hoverboards are stupid without being a luddite. Because seriously, they're loving stupid and dangerous.

If you want to get around easily and not constantly be at risk of falling and killing yourself, make one of these:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Dodecalypse posted:

you can't really "sort out" being a rapist

College Basketball Star Heroically Overcomes Tragic Rape He Committed

Arctic Baldwin posted:

So.. uh... did this link change? Or was it a very funny joke on how hilarious terrorist attacks are?

Might want to take another look at the context in which that link was posted ;)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Still less obnoxious than those kids who went around smashing milk bottles in supermarkets.

At least popcorn is easy to clean.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Maybe he could be a nuclear physicist.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Runcible Cat posted:

We Hunted The Mammoth is a non-horrible place with a RoK tag and the finest in MRA schadenfreude for your reading pleasure: http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/category/return-of-kings/

This is a good link. Horrifying, but good.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

LloydDobler posted:

Videos like this make me realize why failarmy is so good. Editing. I don't want to watch 5 seconds of retards laughing before and after every fuckup. And I definitely don't want to watch the super slow mo replay.

Remember when Funniest Home Videos* was a thing. Where a thirty minute show would have maybe 20 clips and they'd all have stupid voice overs and "wacky" sound effects and slow motion? Or those "Incredible Moments" and "When Disaster Strikes" shows and they'd take a clip of a truck hitting a light pole and just go over and over it for an entire goddamn hour?

And the ones where they show a funny video and then have talking heads talk about the video we all just watched two seconds ago. Here's Carynne-Lynne from season 90 of Big Brother, what does she think about this video of a dog wearing pants? Now here's this guy from some mediocre band from the 80s that had one hit song nobody's cared about for thirty years, what does he think?

What I'm saying is, Fail Army and all the ones like them are a loving godsend.

* Holy poo poo, I just googled it and found out the Australian version went until Feb 2014. And it seems the US version is still going. loving speechless.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 09:16 on Jan 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BovineFury posted:

In the vein of the earlier conversation.

"A salute, to dads".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoaF28WAZoA

drat, just 30 seconds in and a guy kicks his son off the top of a huge skateboard ramp and they just walks off as he hurts himself.