Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

88h88 posted:

3:12 in "if you cry like a bitch you get slapped like a bitch" what an awful piece of poo poo that guy is saying that to a loving 5yr old.

Especially after he'd just teased the child with getting something he really wanted and then pulled the rug out from under him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jippa posted:

I can't believe how calmly that woman is sitting there watching the guys head burning.

It's exactly what she wanted to happen when she set it on fire with her lighter :shrug:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_24a0aQpMs

Failarmy's best of the month.

Unfortunately, not really that great :(

Oh my god, the snowman one at 40 seconds.

"The hell?"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Not available in my country :negative:

I'm guessing it's this:

‘Technological fraud’ discovered at Zolder cyclocross worlds

quote:

“After one lap of the world championships, UCI took Femke’s bike in the pit area and tested it with some sort of tablet,” said Sporza journalist Maarten Vangramberen. “The bike was immediately sealed and taken. The UCI then called in the Belgian federation. When the saddle was removed, there were electrical cables in the seat tube. When they wanted to remove the bottom bracket, which is normally not difficult, they could not because the crank was stuck. Inside there was a motor.”

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 05:33 on Feb 1, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Blitter posted:

Yes, just accidentally had a concealed electric drivetrain in a bike that happened to be in the pits, that she accidentally rode!

That's the part I love. It's the world championship and she just picks up any old bike?

That's less believable that 'just the tip'.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
He has also denied visas to Holocaust deniers. I am quite happy with those racist fucks not coming to my country.

But am still worried that the current immigration minister, who is a deeply evil person, will one day abuse this precedent for personal or political gain because he's from Australia's right wing party, the LNP, and that's just the sort of thing their kind does.

Also Birb wasn't joking about the seminary thing. Our previous Prime Minister studied to be a priest but left because he couldn't handle the Christian ideals of charity and kindness. No joke.

But this is way out of normal schadenfreude territory (except if you're Australian, whereupon it's depressing as all get out) so let's have some dash cams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP83Odibwgg

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 08:17 on Feb 4, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
He said, "Pees clap," which is short for "Pee-pee clap" meaning his penis has a crippling case of gonorrhoea from all the methed up whores he's been loving on the campaign trail.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Trash Ops posted:

Don't post snuff videos.

Trolling, or a special kind of stupid?

It's so hard to tell some days.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
How hard is it to just say, "Sorry I'm not interested. Goodbye."

Or not pick up unknown numbers. I know a couple who still have a landline and they get this poo poo every single day because Australia's do not call list is a joke. Apparently most of the numbers are either unlisted or overseas, so they just don't answer those calls.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tiggum posted:

It works fine. Any telemarketers operating legally within Australia won't call you if you're on the list. If you expect it to stop people who are operating illegally then I don't know how you think that could happen?

So it's useless for every overseas number and

Difficult to complain when the number the callers are using is listed as private. Also, "inferred" consent is pretty much any time any business gets your details in any manner whatsoever.

But sure, apart from all those exceptions, it works just fine. The most praise I can give the register is that it's a good idea, just poorly implemented.

New fail compilation for the month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGyPV_0dje0

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tiggum posted:

How do you think it could be implemented to actually work then?

Have "Do Not Call" actually mean just that :shrug:

Illegal operators and overseas, well nothing's going to stop them. But all the rest? Cull them.

Bee and wasp sting fails:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkuEGbFEf9Y

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

It always amazes me how much kids look to their parents for how to react after they hurt themselves. Parents laugh, kid laughs. Parents freak even a little, kids cries.

Just take the kid at 6:30 who slides down the pole for example. *THUMP* laughs.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 04:33 on Feb 10, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

TotalLossBrain posted:

They're at the bottom of the article if enabled. A lot of articles don't have comments enabled for some reason.

Because the people who read Fox are such bigoted pieces of poo poo, even Fox doesn't want to have to deal with them.

Also - plausible deniability.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
My sister's cat loves to jump up on the kitchen bench and demand skritches. But if I leave the room and come back with a jacket on, she runs off terrified of the 'stranger'.

Cats are idiots.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

A White Guy posted:

Looks like he found the clit.

Isn't that a guy lying down?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Watching this with the sound off is surreal.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

TNL finally released a new video. Basically 30 mins of bad decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYQX6at7u-w

Oh god, the Japanese (?) guy throwing the wood at the projection at 2:00 had me in tears.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
There's a video of someone passing out about three times on a ride like that.

I can't even imagine how scary it would be to wake up after passing out and, in that first second of consciousness, when you still have no idea where you are or how you got there, to discover OH GOD you're a million miles in the air and falling to earth!

Funny, though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Humans don't really have absolute colour perception. Our brains take so many cues from our surroundings that we're easily fooled.

People see colours which aren't there in those dress and jacket photos there because they're subconsciously adjusting for the conditions they think surround the clothes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tony Phillips posted:

He simultaneously looks like a husky buzz cutted 12 year old and a god damned 100 year old man that watched Cocoon too many times.

Oh thank god it's not just me who tought that. I swear when he sits up at the end he goes from bald young man to white haired octogenarian.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Jippa posted:

How can I watch that john oliver vid in the UK?

Youtube unblocker.

Worked for me in Australia.

Aerdan posted:

Purple is literally blue + red. It does not exist on the spectrum of visible light, and violet is very much not purple. Neither is indigo. Any impressions otherwise are entirely artificial.

This is stupid. It's like saying soup doesn't exist because meat + vegetables does not exist naturally and any impressions otherwise are entirely artificial.

Mix things to create new things. Holy poo poo, so future :shibe:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Solice Kirsk posted:

That was amazing. At least the kid is alright. I mean, if the people in that second car didn't eat her or something.

For a moment there, I was certain that the people in the dash cam car were going to just drive off, too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
EDIT: Okay, there we are.

Is there something wrong with this thread? I've tried to make a post twice only for it to be apparently eaten and not show up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Centripetal Horse posted:

Somewhere, people in a thread about dead babies are reading your missing posts.

Wait, seriously?

There's a dead baby thread and no one told me?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Kitten to the rescue:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b56vs6kbCRI

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Just get Bosnianbill to fix you up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9MB5XPsp4&t=15s

For your freude, on a bunch of his vids he comments that lock companies keep sending him C&Ds and laughs at them.

Another Master Lock piece of crap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIq9khF-axs&t=11s

This guy is my favourite youtube person. He really knows his stuff, has great presentation and props and makes it so easy to learn how to do it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

And More posted:

What abut this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfwzSv5rcs

That thing seems pretty solid. You'd probably be better off going through whatever it's attached to.

drat, all that just for a bike lock. That's some seriously armoured poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Nitrox posted:

Is there a cheap basic picking set on amazon that you guys can recommend? I have 2 of these lock-boxes with password long forgotten, laying around. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdeMaWkJF2k Just as long as the tool he's using is part of a kit, I'm set. Thanks

drat, I have a padlock version of these, but mine's around a pipe in the garden, wrapped in a plastic bag and under a few inches of dirt. Really, I could have probably saved myself the expense of buying the lock, but I didn't know just how loving terrible Master locks were when I bought it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

blunt for century posted:

From the USPol thread:

e.

Just saw this in my news feeds and came here to laugh about it. How can people be so loving stupid? Pasteurisation makes milk safe, has done for a hundred and fifty years.

loving "natural" "organic" bullshit. At least this time they didn't kill kids.

Yet.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Mar 10, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Aerdan posted:

Raw milk is perfectly fine as long as the supply chain is short and everything between you and the cow (including the cow) is as clean as possible. And by 'short', I mean you'd better be drinking it the same day it comes from the cow.

And any time it isn't people get sick and children die.

But, mmm, tasty.

Hell, I had an uncle with a dairy farm when I was a kid and drank fresh milk every time we visited and loved it. But we would never take any home and got our milk from the milkman like sane people, because being able to have breakfast without worrying if it was going to loving kill us was more important than any half-imagined advantages in flavour.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Hyperlynx posted:

Oh right, that :(

It doesn't mean that strict requirements are inherently bad, just that they must also be fair.

If you have any sort of impairment that prevents you from driving safely, then you shouldn't drat well be driving.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That's just beautiful :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

CopperHound posted:

I didn't even notice the building going down for the first three loops.

poo poo, I didn't even realise it until your post :doh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Probably the same people who pitched a fit at Ken Block when he released his last few videos and people saw tyre tracks already on the ground where he was driving - almost as though he's a professional and practised the hell out of all his stunts before committing them to film.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Samfucius posted:

The last video? There's been tracks in every video.

Yes, but I was referring specifically to the idiots who made a huge fuss over him not doing the stunt perfectly the first time.

Of course he practices. Anyone with half a brain would realise this. So it's no surprise those without were so shocked.

Here's an old Jalopnik article from 4 years ago which addresses exactly this issue.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

veedubfreak posted:

Also, why can't they poop while still in the trees?

No one knows for sure. They're perfectly capable of doing it. They just don't.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Instant karma compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E14CpfUJXvU

Worth watch right to the end to see the store owner who impales the car of a thief and lifts the entire from of the car off the ground and keeps it there until the cops arrive.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It might be the same team on different occasions, because they both did the same stupid dance thing. I don't know if one team being so dumb as to do that twice is worse than two separate teams being so stupid.

EDIT - and I just realised that the preview pic for the video doesn't actually appear in the video itself. I hate when people do that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Your nose and eyes are connected by the eustachian tubes, IIRC.

Also middle ears.

It's why you can taste your eyedrops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

That fat lady spinning around at 1:40 - is there someone off camera with a crank or something?