Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Perestroika posted:

What is even going on here? Attempted insurance fraud?

That or just some road rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Roro posted:

The dog in question had previously savaged the pet pig of its owner, so Cesar's response was to let him off into a pen of pigs. Results were predictable enough. From what I heard, the dog tore into the ears and sides of at least one pig, and it took Cesar quite a while to catch hold of it.

A shitfest, to put it simply.

The dog heard a pig squeal and entered into an unslakable bloodlust. A good dog.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

*Spy Hunter Music*

No Points!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Perestroika posted:

Brakechecking maybe? Although why anyone would want to brakecheck what looks to be a lorry in both examples is beyond me.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Perestroika posted:

Yep, looks like a standard "swoop and squat". Fill up your car with illegal immigrants, find an expensive looking car (guy can afford the good insurance) drive your car right in front of them and then slam the brakes. All the immigrants come out of the car clutching their neck or hack reporting pain radiating out into their limbs. Very hard to prove the rear car is not is not at fault in a rear end collision, so the insurance company coughs up.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Apart from the needless dig at immigrants, this is also the reason why so many people in Russia have dashcams now, because of the widespread insurance fraud.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

KozmoNaut posted:

Apart from the needless dig at immigrants, this is also the reason why so many people in Russia have dashcams now, because of the widespread insurance fraud.

It wasn't a dig at them necessarily, just that as they are afraid of deportation, the person organizing the scam has leverage to keep them quiet. They're every bit victims too, as they can sustain injuries. If the doctor or chiropractor is in on the scam too, you can bet they won't be getting good treatment for their injuries.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

But for an insurance case to be registered, I would assume everyone involved would need to be registered as well, which illegal immigrants would probably not be interested in.

Of course, if you're only doing it to extort money from the victim right then and there, all of that is obviously irrelevant.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

KozmoNaut posted:

But for an insurance case to be registered, I would assume everyone involved would need to be registered as well, which illegal immigrants would probably not be interested in.

Of course, if you're only doing it to extort money from the victim right then and there, all of that is obviously irrelevant.

Oh no, illegal immigrants can absolutely file a personal injury suit or a claim under auto insurance, at least under the laws of my state. Same for Worker's Compensation. You just refuse to provide a social security number on any forms and plead the fifth if you're asked about it.

Source: Worked for 1.5 years as a personal injury attorney.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fair enough, then :)

Either way, it's utterly reprehensible.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So you're saying that if we didn't let in all these immigrants, the economy would be much better as a result of much less insurance fraud. Hmm

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

this is some satisfying poo poo right here

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Stex T posted:

I know no one should ever do this, but dammit, I feast on internet tears to stay young

This guy drives like he's on LSD.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

Some local freude: I'm at a bar keeping :siren: my (bartender) girlfriend :siren: company, when in walks a significantly obese neckbeard with a goddamned MLP doll, whom he placed in the chair next to him. He kept talking to (and kissing) it. As the night rolled on the bar became more crowded and the manager asked him to remove his doll for customers.

The man began to make a scene, shouted that his doll is just as much a customer as anyone else, and called the manager racist for insulting his 'friend', was asked to leave, and made even more of a scene.

I was too :aaaa: that this was actually happening to record it. But gently caress, it was amazing.

it's astounding to me how, because you are a goon and posted this here, everyone is eating it up and chomping for more, while if you posted it anywhere else on the internet it'd be quoted in the stdh.txt thread 3 times and be torn to shreds

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This is great because it's like the guy had to overtake because he was desperate to just go 1MPH faster.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

it's astounding to me how, because you are a goon and posted this here, everyone is eating it up and chomping for more, while if you posted it anywhere else on the internet it'd be quoted in the stdh.txt thread 3 times and be torn to shreds

You've got a point. I read that post and immediately felt skeptical. I mean come on, are we really supposed to believe he has a girlfriend?:jerkbag:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

http://i.imgur.com/2DF3iUG.webm

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009

Stex T posted:

I know no one should ever do this, but dammit, I feast on internet tears to stay young

A few pages back, but I live somewhat close to this stretch of road and for some reason people -insist- on driving like assholes on this particular highway (Between Green Bay WI and Appleton). It used to be a state highway, 65 mph max, you'd get blinkers flashed and honked at for doing less than 75-80. Now that its an interstate and its a formal 70 max, you've got people doing 85+ and driving like they're insulted by anyone sticking to the speed limit.

Everywhere else in the state people drive in a fairly sensible and aware manner, but that particular road throws on people's rear end in a top hat switch, even with the extra cops constantly patrolling it now that it's an interstate.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

So you're saying that if we didn't let in all these immigrants, the economy would be much better as a result of much less insurance fraud. Hmm

There are plenty of poor born in America folks to be exploited too.

They just don't all hang out in front of Home Depot willing to jump in anyone's ride for a chance to make 20 bucks for a day's work.

You could probably get Jim Carrey or Kanye West if you knew the right garden store to drop by but they might be more irritation than they're worth.

Hearing "aaaalrighty then" as Jim exited the wrecked car and then getting lectured about childhood vaccines just doesn't seem like a good day of insurance fraud to me.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Alaois posted:

It's real because I want it to be real. Will to power.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Joke's on the dog, being owned like that.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Alaois posted:

Yea I feel like this story is missing the last line: "And that bar manager? Albert Einstein."

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I didn't even notice the building going down for the first three loops.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

TopHatGenius posted:

It's good schadenfreude but hearing the fear in the poor taxi driver's voice is really disheartening. :smith:

Taxi drivers are murdered more frequently than any other profession. There has been a signifigant drop in recent years but as far as I know they are still more than twice as likely to get killed than cops. :smith:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

KozmoNaut posted:

Fair enough, then :)

Either way, it's utterly reprehensible.

Might also just be elderly. I see that happen all the drat time in Florida (fortunately usually at lower speeds), especially during the winter.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

FreudianSlippers posted:

Taxi drivers are murdered more frequently than any other profession. There has been a signifigant drop in recent years but as far as I know they are still more than twice as likely to get killed than cops. :smith:

I know, right? The cop killers really need to step up their game.

I'm not serious. Here, have a funny video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7W8kvLw-I8

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I feel sorry for her that she missed capturing the building demo on her phone, but god drat the timing of all that couldn't be any more perfect.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

http://i.imgur.com/w3ZYn2d.webm

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

That seemed like a poor plan. What did he expect was going to happen?

You know what they say - if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've seen that gif hundreds of times, but I just noticed that the fire hydrant smacks into that SUV. It's like the gif that keeps on giving :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Considering the damage a spooked horse can do, that's actually a pretty mild outcome. Can't help but think the horse did it on purpose. :D

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Not a fan of horses in general, but I like the horses in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD9fF7upEww

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

CopperHound posted:

I didn't even notice the building going down for the first three loops.

poo poo, I didn't even realise it until your post :doh:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

smilingfish posted:

If the doctor or chiropractor is in on the scam too, you can bet they won't be getting good treatment for their injuries.

Even if a chiropractor isn't in on the scam they're not going to get good treatment for their injuries...

e: also: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-07/authorities-crack-down-on-chiropractors-fake-health-claims/7227194

The Chiropractic Board of Australia warns its members to stop being frauds. I'm not sure what that's supposed to leave them with, but there you go.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Hyperlynx posted:

Even if a chiropractor isn't in on the scam they're not going to get good treatment for their injuries...

e: also: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-07/authorities-crack-down-on-chiropractors-fake-health-claims/7227194

The Chiropractic Board of Australia warns its members to stop being frauds. I'm not sure what that's supposed to leave them with, but there you go.

There are actually some chiropractors who are competent with bone-related issues, but those aren't terribly common and are massively outnumbered by the woo artists claiming spine realignment will fix everything (and so on). So in general it's best to just avoid the trade entirely.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Aerdan posted:

There are actually some chiropractors who are competent with bone-related issues

They should get someone to run studies on them, because then there will be studies showing that chiropractic is more useful than pretending to do chiropractic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

I legitimately hesitated posting it because it's so stdh.txt and lacked any evidence.

All I can can say is that it happened, and I'll never be the same again. Because what the gently caress, this is not something I was prepared for.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Mar 14, 2016