Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

ekuNNN posted:

Haha, yeah, I noticed that too. Really only this case? Not all the murders and rapes and corruption and stuff?

Here's cops being covered in foam in brussels:

And cops being egged, also in Brussels:

Since they're being sprayed with foam by firefighters I assume this is some training exercise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

UraniumFuelElement posted:

I think the firefighters were protesting in that instance, I remember seeing it a while ago. The egg throwing was a different protest.
Haha, that's fantastic.

Subjunctive posted:

Goddamn some rednecks would lose their minds if you had firefighter-on-police protest action in the US.
Even better, cop vs military protests.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Tarantula posted:

I had completely forgotten about Takeshi Castle until Youtube reminded me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08fnIZfTpg
Is it bad that I remember every single one of those clips? Although they didn't post the best Log Drop, the one where the very large lady takes one step, then smashes her face into the log before rebounding back into the other one.

And for the deaf person you might be able to find the DVDs somewhere, I own every season except 3 I think and CC is an option.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Load-bearing drywall claims another victim.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

wheredidtheseboltscomefrom.gif

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Arrath posted:

As yes the old "If I go fast enough it's sure to work" rationale.
Well, if she were going 200mph in fairness it probably would have sheared the top of the truck off :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Parts Kit posted:

Russian doctor's oath, "Do all the harm."
"First do no harm. But if that fucker starts it game on!"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Remember those videos showing Planned Parenthood conspiring to sell baby parts? Well, the grand jury convened to investigate the matter returned a verdict and it's better than you could have imagined: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Harris-grand-jury-indicts-pair-behind-Planned-6782865.php

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
vanillaicecareer.gif

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Roro posted:

"gently caress gently caress gently caress hey this isn't so bad"
Yeah that cat's pretty calm for having just landed in a full tub. My cat once jumped into a full tub, shot about 3 feet straight into the air, and then tore through the house leaving a soggy trail. This one's like "huh, it's kinda warm!"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Ow ow ow

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

beato posted:

*Hotpants
Nixon voice: Jesus Christ.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

im pooping! posted:

Meanwhile in Korea...

gently caress baseball, they should just make that into a sport.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Ozz81 posted:

I love how one stupid, bigoted mistake leads to a massive domino effect. Pass a law that denies protections to LGBT people, then businesses refuse to come to your state or start leaving, which means fewer jobs for everyone, eventually turning NC into a bigger shithole than it already was. Nobody wins :(
It's more like a game of chicken and the idiots passing the laws are inevitably the first to blink. For instance, NC's governor issued an EO today which basically says "lol jk guys" because the actual people in charge (the rich) get really pissed off when their bottom line is impacted: https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/719955242633326592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

e: So double schaden, first on these guys catching poo poo from everyone for being fucksticks, and secondly on them backing down

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Baronjutter posted:

The cat version of dog whispering is pretty amazing. Probably more belongs in AUG thread.

"I'm a musician by night, but a cat behaviorist by day".

During his show he some how ballooned up to 400 pounds and then needed gastric bypass to not die.
Closest he'll ever get to pussy.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SpacePig posted:

Florida seems like Australia in that it seems to be a bad idea to interact with any local wildlife.
That's not really fair to the animals. Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you had to deal with Floridians every day of your life.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bonald Farndhardt posted:

Police detective Stephanie Lazarus
A real life version of "good av/username" combo

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

nerdz posted:

Haha, how in the gently caress they got that scared of a random train loony? Have they never ever used public transportation before? They did all the wrong possible things.

EDIT: Lol, they got traumatized and don't want to set foot in chicago, that's loving hilarious. the god quotes at the end just make it better, lmao
To put things in perspective, I live in Salt Lake, one of the most whitebread areas you can imagine. A few months ago I was leaving my house and there was a man wearing a full Santa outfit walking down the sidewalk singing (it was not December). When he saw me he stopped and told me to have a great day and said "you know I love you, right?" I said, "yeah man, love you too" and went on with my life. I see poo poo like that all the time. This couple would have apparently run away screaming.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

canyoneer posted:

And there were internet tough guy dads saying "if that was my kid being pushed down, me and the kids parents would have a problem". OK sure dude
And this is why Americans can't have nice things. It's part of the game, you should tell him, "It's absolutely legal and if you don't like your precious snowflake getting stiff-armed in the face then either teach him to tackle lower or sign him up for tee ball where contact is illegal, you giant pussy."

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

A coworker's kid plays in a youth football league, but that has age and weight restrictions to avoid size disparities like this. Seems like youth rugby should have the same thing.
It does, sort of. USAR classifies groups by age and at the younger levels kids who are 2x as big as their peers get pushed up into a higher division. I'm a ref (but normally avoid doing kids' matches where the rules are different because no contest scrums and rucks are boring) and we got some info about this but I don't remember the exact brackets.

GrandpaPants posted:

So uh, do they not require kids to wear helmets in rugby? Is this just the American in me to think that that seems like a bad idea?
No, it's goddamn rugby, you don't wear hard plastic anything (except the cleats on your boots). You see some of the kids wearing scrum caps and those are fine, but they're just soft padding to reduce the chance of concussion. Rugby has a way lower rate of concussion because you're not taught to lead a tackle with your skull.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
:aaa:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

KoRMaK posted:

The funny hosed up part about it is that all these idiots fallin in there are potentially going to ruin the geysers with all the minerals they are adding with their dissolved boddies
They've been there for millions of years. I'm sure lots of things have fallen in over the eons. Bison, deer, squirrels, morons...

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

LostCosmonaut posted:

Places that can't drive in snow; Colorado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFMywIKzSI
I don't understand Colorado at all. They advertise their great skiing, which generally indicates they get snow. Yet they're about as loving bad as Florida about removing it. I've been in the Vail pass twice now when there was a bad snowstorm and semi trucks that ignored the warning to chain up were sliding backwards down the hill with a shitload of cars stuck in the ditch/shoulder. If you lose momentum at all you're hosed. I made it through once in a tiny subcompact rental car and the second time in my Chevy Cobalt coupe because I know how to drive in snow, being from Utah. Why in the hell don't they get the snowplows out and ready to go before it starts snowing instead of letting everything turn into a giant clusterfuck and then they can't run them because the roads are all full of stuck cars?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm the lady at the end jumping on the bandwagon.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

verymoldy posted:

Did I just experience the equivalent to having sex while on MDMA? Will there ever be any freude that will bring me back to these highs? Even watching people ache their balls pales in comparison...
My second-favorite thing going on there (his reaction being the first) is his lawyer sitting on the left checking boxes off on the sheet of charges.

"hosed, hosed, hosed, hosed, hosed, hosed..." for 35 counts.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
mariokart.gif

Also I like to think all the dings on that bannister/stairs are from the robotdog trying to climb them and failing.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

canyoneer posted:

The asterisk there is always "except Salt Lake City", because those venues still actually get used and so does the light rail they built.
Yeah the light rail is just regular public transportation stuff and it was sorely needed anyway. The arguments against it were "nobody will use it" but cars are almost always full and packed to the gills for sporting events. The speed skating oval gets used for all sorts of stuff (it's not a permanent ice sheet so they can do whatever). Bobsled gets used for training and also tourists can pay to ride in the summer and winter and the ski jump is also used for training and competition. Other than that we didn't build anything specialized - used existing facilities and resorts to host everything else. We did such a good job of it that SLC is a permanent standby city for winter Olympics; if a host city can't due to natural disaster or some other reason they wouldn't have to build a single thing. Hardest thing would be the logistics of getting the shitload of volunteers needed for a games on short notice. Even that isn't much of a hardship, since for any other faults they have the Mormons love that kind of stuff and there wouldn't be a shortage of people willing to sign up.

There was very little schad involved with the 2002 games, except maybe for convincing Mitt Romney he would be qualified to run for President.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nutsngum posted:

As amusing as all these quotes are they do sound ridiculously exaggerated, ala usual goon posting. Whats the deal horse in the knows?
Remember that up until the 20th century (and for a bit of a ways into it) horses were used for pretty much everything. Transportation, labor, war, you name it. They're not quite as dumb and fragile as Freckles on the whole.

Having said that, back in the day a horse was really important to whomever owned it and so they spent a lot of time teaching those horses whatever it was they were supposed to do. Military horses could be around cannons, gunfire, and screaming people waving weapons around without losing their poo poo. Now, like JoelJoel said, there are a lot of idiots who get one because they always wanted a pony, then don't know how to ride or train them and bad things happen.

Never ceases to amaze me how goddamn dumb people are. There's a pretty universal rule that any animal, be it dog, cat, or horse with their ears back like that is going to gently caress your poo poo up.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Ak Gara posted:

Even applies to Wasps. Lil feckers always hiding their ears.
Maybe they put their antennae back before they sting somebody?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
This is why you don't run track in goddamn Keds :mad:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jamfrost posted:

What? I used to eat those.
It's ok, I'm sure it's not the same ones.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Data Graham posted:

High-cacao chocolate is an acquired taste in the sense that once you start getting into it, it's hard to stop. I've got a shelf full of single-origins at home that I slowly work my way through over the course of months or years. The differences in flavor profile between them are some wild poo poo, like tasting wine or scotch but without the cost and with a much easier learning curve. I can't even stomach milk chocolate anymore, really.

Here's a ten-page article that I like to reread every year or two, it's the story of Noka Chocolate—a reputedly super-high-end chocolatier that ended up being exposed (largely through this story) as a couple of scheming fraudsters. It's a fantastic read and actually on topic for this thread, so enjoy.

http://dallasfood.org/2006/12/noka-chocolate-part-1/
That was a good read. Now if "serious" journalists (not someone from the food section) would put this much research and effort into reporting a story we might not be in the loving mess we are now. I guess that's schaden on us.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hanales posted:

I was co-oping on dark souls 3 the other night, and I play with the sound low or off because we have two tvs in the living room. Kid watches stuff or games on the other one.

Anyway we were invaded and the host decided to leeroy Jenkins the invader. I started hearing similar sounds to that screeching help me over and over agin as he died to 30 enemies and the invader at once. Abruptly cut off as the session ended. I laughed and laughed. Sadly the PS4 record stuff doesn't seem to pick up voice.
For perhaps future schaden, PS4 record does pick up voice, but under the following conditions:

You need to be in a party
You need to select that it's ok for your voice to be shared
So does anyone else in the party

For yourself you can choose that it's shared all the time, or just for that party.

If you weren't in a chat party playing DS3 then what you were hearing is actually an item you can get in the game by trading with the crow - an archtree carving and should have been picked up by in-game recording. There are 4 of them: Hello, Help Me, Thank You, and I'm Sorry. These are used to good effect for griefing or amusing other players in a game that doesn't have chat in MP.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hanales posted:

No I have voice chat turned on, so if other people do as well you can hear/talk without being in a party. It certainly wasn't the carvings it was an ear piercing screech.
I forget they added that :doh: Now that I think about it I remember someone talking about DS2 and the immolate miracle - they were cooping and someone used that and just screamed the whole time they were burning :v:

Party voice stuff still valid though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
"I am a ninja. A ninja who doesn't understand simple levers, but a ninja nonetheless."

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hey, let's tackle this guy in a way that virtually guarantees he'll sue us, and win too.
Nah, that's a good tackle right there. Security puts his shoulder into center mass and wraps. Probably scared the poo poo out of the idiot but that's not gonna actually hurt any.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DancingShade posted:

Ahem. In Australia "boxed wine" should be correctly referred to by it's correct name, the "goon bag".
Cardboardeaux :colbert:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

JoelJoel posted:

Been practicing regular and incline bench presses on a Smith machine with a suicide grip. Haven't dropped it yet but still a iffy about switching to a suicide grip on a barbell. Any recommendations for bringing my comfort level up?
Go ahead and use the suicide grip, just take a form video and then post it here when you inevitably drop it on your face so we have some actual content in the schaden thread.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
How much did they pay for a bronze version of :shepface: with more teeth?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Slugnoid posted:

congrats America. you're getting a DMZ
Detroit's been around for a long time.

( :smith: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I have a friend who lives in ATL and from what he tells me this seems like pretty average traffic.