Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I have a bachelor's in Political Science and a master's in Public Admin both from a top 20 university, fully funded by student loans and I got out at only $48k in debt. That guy is full of poo poo. :colbert:

I have friends who got out of med school with less loan debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
We need some new schadenf-remixes. In the meantime, here are the classics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-FF5SpY1OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeb5LdAyLC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNVDAh9wSFo

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu0dPDvgN9g

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Roro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoXM00Soj8U
WEather Fails from FailArmy, worth it to see a woman get hit in the face by a fish just seconds in.

I'm pretty sure the fish to the face was fake. Someone throwing it from off camera.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Tony Phillips posted:

Go to see teams from an independent league where the players really have no hopes anymore. Not really freudy, but the St. Paul Saints are awesome. Constant dumb poo poo going on with the fans, a pig that brings the balls to the umpire, beer beer beer, and this guy is a part owner of the team:

Bill also is part owner of the Riverdogs here in Charleston.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Can't touch him, he's union.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

quote:

The 4-year-old was not injured. He is now in the care of other family members, and the Department of Children and Families is investigating the case, officials said. Detectives are now trying to determine exactly how the boy got a hold of the gun.

quote:

He will not face charges.

Lost it at this...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

ekuNNN posted:

Big hyped game the Division is officially out now and this is happening:

I think that's really loving awesome actually.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Classic.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

canyoneer posted:

Pulling a David Cameron, huh?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

PI is going to have a loving field day :allears:

It's pretty mundane, something about a dog nipping at a pot-bellied pig.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-dog-whisperer-cesar-millan-animal-cruelty-20160311-story.html

But gently caress that guy.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Shirtless guy apparently tries to start poo poo on a subway. Gets put to sleep

WOOOOORRRRLLLLLD STAAAAAARRRR!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

CommonShore posted:

I like this one because the dude obviously thinks his opponent has no power, but those first strikes failed to hurt because they were at the wrong range and badly thrown, not because he's a weak puncher.

He also had his jaw locked shut on the first several. Dude caught him slack-jawed with an open mouth on that last one

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Katt Williams punched a 7th grader (embedded instagram vid in link): http://www.wetpaint.com/katt-williams-fight-seventh-grader-1481392/

Then gets choked out by said 7th grader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOfv1FuVFzk

edit: Here's a youtube video with both spliced together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqj3Tj09MQ

Scarf has a new favorite as of 01:52 on Mar 24, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

From Imgur: someone's dog ate a scorpion

SO regretful :v:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

GORDON! GET AWAY FROM THE BEAMS!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaduEUGI5Bw

Puddle of Mudd (I know, I can't believe they're still around either) abandons their lead singer on stage, so he starts on some rant. Unfortunately I can't find a video of them actually leaving the stage. Also, some annoying rear end in a top hat just keeps yelling "gently caress you" so it's hard to hear what the singer is saying.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Gorilla Salad posted:

Aren't they the group that did "She loving hates me?" It got very popular in Australia, like any other song that lets you swear loudly.

Or the older the band.

I once caught the very tail end of a documentary on the Monkees in time to hear a question put to the the one guy from the group who actually went on and had a career on whether he still talked to the other members. He said, "Hell no," and mentioned that the other two who just faded back into normal life he could respect, but the one member who kept trying to maintain his music career was the most pathetic thing ever and he refused to have anything to do with him.

He said, "It doesn't matter how many other songs you write or different styles of music you play. You'll get to the gig and say, 'Hey, I've written all these new songs,' and they'll say, "Just shut up and play the song.'"

Then the documentary cut to the one member who stayed in music, playing on a stage in some tiny, lovely, almost empty venue. Sitting behind his electric piano playing I'm A Believer with dead eyes as the credits rolled and it was one of the most pathetic and depressing things I've ever seen in my life.

That's odd because pretty much all of the Monkee's kept going in music to some extent. Peter Tork and Davy Jones probably the most.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 17:38 on Mar 29, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Bam Margera is on Family Therapy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0fb8LtfpA

On the one hand gently caress Bam Margera, on the other it's pretty sad.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Brocktoon posted:

Wait, what is this show, and why is New York's mom from Flavor of Love on it?

"Family Therapy w/ Dr. Jenn." I think it comes on VH1. I think it might be a spin-off of one of Dr. Drew's lovely shows.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

His life is the greatest and most sustained Jackass stunt ever. Are you not entertained??

You know you're in trouble when Stev-o is more put together...

Edit: I'm watching the first few episodes right now through On Demand and holy poo poo Bam's situation isn't even the worst one.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Mar 31, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Basebf555 posted:

I don't have time right now to watch that whole Bam therapy session, but I have a question.

Is his main problem that he's all "waaaah, I used to be famous and models wanted to bang me and I had houses and cars and now nobody give a poo poo about me!"?

If so you'd think he could have seen all this coming, skateboarding and punching your own family members in the face isn't exactly a long-term career path, even in the crazy world of show business. He was kinda hot for a while there and then things came to an end, that's the natural way things go when you don't actually have any discernible talent. Maybe he needed someone in his life to tell him that and to convince him to save some of that money instead of building another skate ramp.

Some people have no idea how to handle success, subsequent failure, loss, etc. Plus his family completely enables him.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
"New York's" mom is batshit insane by the way.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Brocktoon posted:

Wasn't there stuff that came out a few years ago that New York and Sister Patterson are not related and just actresses?

No clue. Wikipedia lists her as her mother.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

If it were any other car, it wouldn't be nearly as funny.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Nah, the fact that they focus solely on welfare ferraris makes it that much better.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Your Gay Uncle posted:

turns out " amateur stunt man" has a high turn over rate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3AQKc6kRCs

gently caress the narrator's voice is way to matter-of-factly for a video comprised of so many deaths.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Is this the new trailer release that everyone has been talking about from the MTV movie awards?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pretty much. A friend of my brother's has put carts into ponds on multiple occasions.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Long. Live. The shibe.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Tarantula posted:

Ahaha, good god if anybody ever needed some weed it would be that man, the schadenfreude is with an attitude like that he won't be on this earth very long.

No the real schadenfreude is that he's a man in his mid to late 40s, plays video games for a living, and his only social interaction in the world is with 12yr olds.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scruff McGruff posted:

This is amazing. Also, is some dude in ISIS running an MG42? That belongs in a musem :argh:

It's likely an MG53, MG 3, MG 74 or any other modern iteration of the gun. Considering Peshmerga forces actively use 53s, it's probable ISIS picked a few up here and there.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Roro posted:

New forums user JanIrvam is having a hard time fitting in.
Posted all of his eight posts because they're all mostly golden.

so this guy's account isn't allowed to be banned. ever. please and thank you.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

janirvan, a grown man who like space ships posted:

First, to all the Goons out there, I just wanted to let you know that this campaign is yet another bad idea from your inept Space Hitler. Let’s take a look at this from a couple of angles. First, it’s a part of your alliance’s plan to deny fun to your enemies. However, it’s not fun for you either. Second, let’s look at the psychological impact. A long time ago a Bombers Bar FC made a comment to me about that group’s constant forays into Provibloc. He said, “it’s like kicking babies in the teeth – when you win, you don’t feel like you accomplished anything worthwhile, and on the rare occasion when you lose, it just makes you feel pathetic.” All this campaign is doing is showing you that your alliance can beat Horde. And when you don’t beat Horde, it shows how pathetic you are. Third, let’s look at op success and failure. Let’s say it works and Horde drops from being a 7,000 pilot alliance to a 5,000 pilot alliance. What exactly have you won? You still have a huge alliance that isn’t really central to MBC operations beyond being a gaggle of noobs hanging out as a buffer and providing swarms of entosis Slashers when needed. Let’s say though that it doesn’t work, and our numbers don’t decrease. You are wasting time fighting Horde while TEST and NC. and PL and Darkness. etc. ruin you.

Don’t believe the hype, Goonswarm. You’ve been taught that harvesting tears is the zenith of the game. You’ll get shown streams of this or that noob quitting Eve and getting frustrated, but you won’t be shown the thousands more who you are egging on to be your next generation of enemies. You’d best be served by fighting those who always have and always will hate you rather than make enemies out of the majority of new players joining the game who are fighting against you out of a sportsman’s competition rather than the seething hatred that you have earned for yourself from the likes of TEST and others.

Don’t look at a video of one noob crying and giggle to yourself that you are winning. You are wasting your time and effort pursuing a goal that will not accomplish anything for you strategically. Horde will remain. Horde will be large. 5,000, 7,000, or 10,000 doesn’t really matter. Horde is doing its job planting itself in Fade and will continue to do so, no matter if we shrink a bit, stay the same size, or grow. Mittens talks about how new players don’t understand hell war, but I will have you know that new players are going to be more willing to find out what it’s like than older players looking for the most efficient way to make ISK AFK. When you look at what you are doing, look at real numbers.

So how’s camping O1Y working out for you? You’ve long loved Mittens because he is such a scoundrel and conman. Only now, you are his mark. You are the ones being conned, spending your days in O1Y while your space is taken away. I will end this paragraph with the same sentence I started the previous one with. Don’t believe the hype, Goonswarm.

I’ll end this post with some notes to my fellow hordelings. Mittens is trying to hang on as long as he can by trumping up rhetoric concerning a successful campaign against an Eve newbie group. The community’s reaction has been to comment that Goons are trying to prove they can beat Horde, which is nothing impressive. The Goons are also trying to preach to Horde that we are being abused by our seniors and being used as meat shields. Well, there is no abuse about it. We are the meat shields. That is our baseline mission. It is a mission to be proud of.

When I was in the Army, the most glorified image to be found was not the highly trained special ops soldier or the super genius intelligence collector, but the infantryman of the line. We all knew that the territory is just not under control unless there are boots on the ground, and that the infantryman was the back that bears the load. That’s what you are. In addition to being the buffer, to being the distraction, we do get a great number of opportunities to accomplish a lot more than anyone ever expected we would. There is no shame in being the rock bottom in the war machine, but rather it is the position of greatest honor. Take comfort in that.

After saying that, though, I do realize that Eve is a game of great proportions. There is a learning curve, real consequential loss, and there are ruthless enemies. Some of you may have come into Horde without clear expectations and are finding that the gameplay is not what you’d like. Now I think most of you are actually impressed with the scope of this game and this war and are excited to pay the price of victory. But for those who aren’t, don’t quit Eve. There are other places to go and things to do.

However, if you do go somewhere else, I encourage you not to run to highsec and get involved with any random corp that you run across. Some are good, but most are bad. I also encourage you not to take shelter in just any given alliance out there. Frustrations will grow high. Despite being told by all these guys that you don’t need skill points, you will be surrounded by people who have them, and you’ll constantly be tempted to do things the same way they do. You won’t be able to. It will be discouraging.

Frankly, the best place for a newbie in Eve is in a newbie group. I’d recommend the Brave Collective as an option. I think I can say this without irking Horde leadership because from what I have seen, the overwhelming majority of our players are excited by the challenges we are facing. But for that rare person who is thinking of quitting Eve or joining a veteran alliance, Brave is a better option. Horde has inherited the lighter side of our personality from them. We’ve taken Brave memes like “stay classy” and “fun per hour” and condensed them into “don’t be a dick.” They don’t exactly have the strong meritocracy and content creator leader idea that we’ve inherited from our PL buddies, and they aren’t generally as well run as we are, being more bureaucratic. However, when it comes to training noobs they have it pretty well down pat, and they do go out and have a lot of fun. A lot of our leaders and members started out in Brave, and while I think we’d all say that we have put together the best newbie group in the game, Brave is a good option for those who can’t figure out how to make it work in Horde.

Obviously, DON’T join KarmaFleet. We just took over their main staging. They are in retreat with the rest of the Imperium and are lead by the same ridiculous leadership that took the bait and are punching at Horde while their empire crumbles. They are basically a lowsec corp at this point. Great things are not in their future.

But anyway, I think I’ve spent a lot of time on those to those who don’t have the stomach for life in Horde, when such types are exceedingly rare. I’d meant for this post to be a message to Goons and to the average Horde member who is pumped up to fight but may be confused by propaganda about our friends and leaders abusing us and all. Nothing could be further from the truth. We are the bait and the buffer, a very important role that everyone respects, and quite obviously we’ve done A LOT more than just being the bait and buffer. So I’ll just end with one more sentence, again to the Goons. Grow up and get a war plan that works, such as getting new leadership.

:stare:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I don't think the referees get enough credit for not just throwing their hands up and walking out in the middle of some of those matches.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
5Bravo are a bunch of babies who repost tired "military humor" and get super upset at anything even remotely anti-military. I can almost guarantee that "chat" never took place. They recently "declared war" on The Onion because of this:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Everblight posted:

This is an entire 'Yard Tards thread in Rowdy Ringsports collecting these and other barb-wire deathmatches preformed on a bed-bug-ridden matress in front of 7 ICP fans if you are so inclined.

Link?