Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

See thread title for more info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Same.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Hell, we've all been there OP.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I would like more info than was given in the thread title.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I would like more info than was given in the thread title.

I dunno. Say in... League of Legeands you play as a character who is just worse then some other identical character. Or like Bloodline Champions your a character that there's no reason to play. Or something like that. But the one you play looks badass.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I know that feel.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sometimes, I've played FPS games where a gun is objectively one of the poorest in the game, but it feels good to use, or it looks cool, or it's the only semi-auto rifle in the game, and I love using it. I think that's a similar feel.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Alain Post posted:

Sometimes, I've played FPS games where a gun is objectively one of the poorest in the game, but it feels good to use, or it looks cool, or it's the only semi-auto rifle in the game, and I love using it. I think that's a similar feel.

Regardless of how good they are, I always go right to the shotguns and see if I can make them work.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like to use weapons that look cool in the souls games

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Fat Care-Bear posted:

I like to use weapons that look cool in the souls games

fashion souls is the only reasonable method to play

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The archer in final fantasy tactics

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know the feel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Any class based JRPG where I can get an unarmed class <--- all over this, number 1 choice, but they always end up sucking late game because they never scale bare fists to be as good as the requisite Legendary Weapons

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Any class based JRPG where I can get an unarmed class <--- all over this, number 1 choice, but they always end up sucking late game because they never scale bare fists to be as good as the requisite Legendary Weapons

The monk in final fantasy tactics

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

no they will not posted:

The archer in final fantasy tactics

Every job in final fantasy tactics has to be performed by the gender with the cooler sprite.

Male Chemist, Female Archer, Male Thief, Male Black Mage, Male Monk, Female White Mage, Female Oracle, Female Geomancer, Female Ninja- Dragoon, Time Mage, Summoner, Samurai- all look pimp no matter what.

Never use knight. Natch.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

no they will not posted:

Monk scales but you have to get Ability: Two-Swords so you can dual-wield fists. Monk class spells and passives are probably the best and most versatile there are outside of like Calculator and Dancer broken poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dual-Wield Fists

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I know it's retarded but that's how it works :p

Only a master ninja can punch with his left

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

no they will not posted:

if you put equip armor on a monk then you get a class with incredible health, pretty good physical attack, and a solid support skill that can heal and deal damage. they're one of my favorite classes, actually.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Monk scales but you have to get Ability: Two-Swords so you can dual-wield fists. Monk class spells and passives are probably the best and most versatile there are outside of like Calculator and Dancer broken poo poo.

Hamedo and lifefont are badass

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The cannoneer job on ffta2 looked cool but it was pretty weaksauce

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I use Millia Rage in Xrd as my main even though she has a smaller health pool than most and I'm terrible with her, but I think her hair is cool.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The cannoneer job on ffta2 looked cool but it was pretty weaksauce

agreed

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I never wear helmets :c00l:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I use Millia Rage in Xrd as my main even though she has a smaller health pool than most and I'm terrible with her, but I think her hair is cool.

same

Soral
May 30, 2009

i wear equipment in dark souls and bloodborne because of the way they look instead of their stats

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soral posted:

i wear equipment in dark souls and bloodborne because of the way they look instead of their stats

Same, but only after beating them once

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Or like Bloodline Champions your a character that there's no reason to play. Or something like that. But the one you play looks badass.

this never happened in blc because thorn was objectively the most badass and was literally op for the entire life of the game

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
didn't really like the chanter in pillars because he took so long to get going

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gria in general in FFA2 are badass looking, but fairly limited in utility

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

loving epic.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
monster hunter is the only game where i will wear stupid poo poo for stats because you have to

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

if you put equip armor on a monk then you get a class with incredible health, pretty good physical attack, and a solid support skill that can heal and deal damage. they're one of my favorite classes, actually.

no i think monk is really good i was using it as an example of a good unnamed class

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

no they will not posted:

no i think monk is really good i was using it as an example of a good unnamed class

ah, i see. ganbare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
*sheath my katana*

• Locked thread