Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Intruder posted:

The Patriots get confused and jump offsides

well they hiked the ball, so obviously something was drawn up.

with crayon on construction paper, but that's beside the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Pagano explained it in his post game. They were only going to actually go through with the play if the Pat's didn't line up right / they had a good look etc.. Instead all his players botched with them not being on the line and the guy snapping it with like 4 NE players right there.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Probably Magic posted:

Oh my goodness, Belichick's smirk as he declines the penalty.

We really need a gif of that.

Colts making it an uncomfortably close game only to poo poo it all away like that is a gift no ordinary game can match.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jesus Christ.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

cheesetriangles posted:

I can't wait for the chiefs to win a another 2-3 games and gently caress their draft order.

no the chiefs need to lose as many games as possible so that that they may draft a quar...tor....bok? I think that's how you say it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wall Balls posted:

i hope entire nations are left unemployed by that play

Somewhere in Indianapolis, a crumpled up Colts Nation banner rolls through the empty streets like a tumbleweed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NFL.com is going with 'What the chuck' btw.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Something* tells me no one told Whalen to take the delay of game penalty if the defense didn't bite before he went on the field.

*Because they are not a well coached team.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Shouldn't he already know that? I mean they must practice that play and go over the possible scenarios.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

He panicked AND everyone on the right screwed up the formation. I'm guessing they didn't practice it a whole lot prior to the game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Shouldn't he already know that? I mean they must practice that play and go over the possible scenarios.

Well, I mean, even if it worked, the entire right side forgot to lineup properly, so likely not.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Ah yes the "high risk, low reward" stratagem

THEYLL NEVER SEE IT COMING

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think they game planned for being down by 30 at half and when they were up a point the strategy failed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

commy gun posted:

He panicked AND everyone on the right screwed up the formation. I'm guessing they didn't practice it a whole lot prior to the game.

Apparently theyve been practicing that play since last season :laffo:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

cheesetriangles posted:

I can't wait for the chiefs to win a another 2-3 games and gently caress their draft order.

Hey leave us out of this!

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Can someone who understands computers do a black and white slow-motion youtube of this with the music from the NBA "Amazing" Commercials???

TIA.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
We need a new version of this

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Well, I mean, even if it worked, the entire right side forgot to lineup properly, so likely not.

The weird thing is - and let's pretend for a second that the right side was lined up properly - if they had snapped that right away they might have run for the first down. New England was totally confused about what to do.

But no. They wait.

And wait some more.

AND THEN SNAP THE loving BALL.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think you might have to really consider that it was A Bad Play.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I like how long the ball sort of hung in the center's taint. Like, even the defenders waited a half-second to react because they weren't sure it counted as a legal snap.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
The best part of that is all the Colts players lined up to the right just turning their heads and watching in amazement

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Witnessing this live was absolute pure magic and the gdt owned and I love y'all

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The AFC South is where football goes to die.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
That play was so bad I fired my coaching staff.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Burger Trench posted:

I like how long the ball sort of hung in the center's taint. Like, even the defenders waited a half-second to react because they weren't sure it counted as a legal snap.

And even then only Bolden jumps to tackle the guy, everyone else still can't believe it and is still waiting.

Nov 6, 2002

The Snapfu.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Burger Trench posted:

It hung there for so long because the Colts dude (apparently his name is Colt Anderson, so I guess he ended up on the right team) didn't expect the ball to ever be snapped so it took him a second for it to register that oh poo poo here's the ball

It was glorious

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

evilweasel posted:

And even then only Bolden jumps to tackle the guy, everyone else still can't believe it and is still waiting.

It was a heads-up play by him because everyone else was waiting for the “trick” portion of the play. A variation on this, really:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asIN3t6ZfN8

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Can someone link to the page in the GDT when this happened? Want to read peoples' brains melting in real time.

Nov 6, 2002

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747432&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=39

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/19/nfl-week-6-chuck-pagano-colts-patriots-trick-play

Apparently SI has obtained a copy of the Colt's playbook

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

If the absolute BEST outcome to a play you've practiced is "our opponent spends a timeout", please kill yourself

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

ahahahahahahahaha

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chromatic posted:

no the chiefs need to lose as many games as possible so that that they may draft a quar...tor....bok? I think that's how you say it.

"With the Fourth overall pick of the NFL draft the Chiefs select... Primator, doppelbock? Out of the Czech Republic."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

According to Bolden, Colt Anderson was screaming "DON'T SNAP DON'T SNAP" and he snapped it anyways. This is Griff Whalen, the white stanford WR that made the active roster over Duron Carter and a bunch of Colts fans lined up to defend because he's "smart". Along with all the other dogwhistle terms.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Eltoasto posted:

According to Bolden, Colt Anderson was screaming "DON'T SNAP DON'T SNAP" and he snapped it anyways. This is Griff Whalen, the white stanford WR that made the active roster over Duron Carter and a bunch of Colts fans lined up to defend because he's "smart". Along with all the other dogwhistle terms.

I need this audio clip in my life as much as I did Dammit Donald.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"I only heard the SNAP part, not my fault"

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

It's like he snapped the ball, but didn't actually expect him to take it :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
This was a nice thing to wake up to

• Locked thread