Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Oh, how the mighty Josh Freeman has fallen. I believe the Panthers drafted Cam Newton the following year, after going 2/14.

I 100% believe Schiano broke him and it makes me so angry thinking about it. I really liked Josh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
http://www.avclub.com/article/indianapolis-colts-are-nfls-only-avant-garde-footb-227367

quote:

Then came the “snap.” I use quotation marks because it was a pointed, high-minded satire of a traditional snap, one that exposed the crudeness of this American pastime. We traditionally imagine the snap as an instant that ignites a frenzy of competition—such thrilling beauty we perceive in our collective delusion! In the paradigm-shattering imagination of the Colts punt squad, however, the snap was laid bare for what it is: a large man touching a leather orb against his spandex-covered rear end. Indianapolis wide receiver Griff Whelan squeezed the football against his rectum for an extra second, making spectators complicit in his base Freudian impulse. Finally, safety Colt Anderson withdrew the tainted seed from Whelan’s pantomimed ovipositor as the Patriots converged to end the spectacle, unwilling to have their beliefs challenged any further by the Colts’ iconoclasm.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I like how even the Patriots were surprised by the snap and only took off after they saw Colt Anderson with the ball confused as hell why the Colts would do that. I know my jaw dropped when the snapped it in the most WTF moment since the Colts called timeout giving the Jets enough time to win in regulation.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The whole Patriots sideline in that second GIF from the article are basically like wtf. You can even spot Brady standing up in the back to watch this poo poo.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Joey Freshwater posted:

I 100% believe Schiano broke him and it makes me so angry thinking about it. I really liked Josh

I can't help but believe that's how it happened. Just look at his numbers before Schiano. They were scary good for how young he was.

I also liked Jason Campbell, but five sets of offensive coaches in five years just ruined him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fenrir posted:

I can't help but believe that's how it happened. Just look at his numbers before Schiano. They were scary good for how young he was.

I also liked Jason Campbell, but five sets of offensive coaches in five years just ruined him.

Yeah, I know raw numbers never tell the full story, but based solely on those, he was a pretty drat solid young QB, then all the poo poo with Schiano happened and suddenly he just couldn't play quarterback anymore.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Elephanthead posted:

I like how even the Patriots were surprised by the snap and only took off after they saw Colt Anderson with the ball confused as hell why the Colts would do that. I know my jaw dropped when the snapped it in the most WTF moment since the Colts called timeout giving the Jets enough time to win in regulation.
I like how colt immediately assumed the "don't kill me " sack position once he got the ball.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 23, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

PrinceRandom posted:

I like how colt immediately assumed the "don't kill me " sack position once he got the ball.

I wanna know what was going through Anderson's head as he adopted the foetal position as he went down.

I like to believe Radiohead's No Surprises was just playing as he went down in slow motion.

"A job that slowly kills you..."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Bolden tried to hit a tornado DDT with that tackle but kinda botched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Alaois posted:

Yeah, I know raw numbers never tell the full story, but based solely on those, he was a pretty drat solid young QB, then all the poo poo with Schiano happened and suddenly he just couldn't play quarterback anymore.

Going by raw numbers, I think Freeman had a really great 2010 and that was it. 2012 (first Schiano year) was better than 2011, but still nowhere near his amazing 2010 season.

• Locked thread