Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The game has easy set up for custom soundtracks, I've put basically the entire firefly soundtrack into the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

How does this control on an XBox 360 gamepad, preferable to kb+m?

Yeah I think so.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So is this game like Sid Meier's Space Pirates 2015?

I guess in a way? You go around in a ship killing poo poo and maybe trading, doing quests, but that's where the similarities end.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Adam Bowen posted:

What's up with the distance measures in this game? A ship close enough to touch is like 1 sm away but a planet across the solar system is only like 7000 away.

Freelancer did the same thing, only it was KILOMETERS. A planet was 70 KM from another lol. Rule of Fun I guess?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

DrManiac posted:

Yeah this is like the first space combat game I actually like. For the dude who's also using the cowboy bebop ost how did you split it up into different categories?

Make folders for each category (combat, ambient, etc) and point the game at said folders. Point the combat category at a folder for instance and it will randomly play any tracks in that folder when combat starts.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

HiroProtagonist posted:

You can also add tracks to the existing folders to leave the original music in rotation, right?

Don't need to, there is a checkbox that forces the game to mix ost in with the custom music.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
For anybody who wants it, here is a list of all the music from Eve Online in easily download able mp3 format. No conversion needed, game plays mp3s just fine.

http://www.modenstudios.com/EVE/music/

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I can't tell if your avatar was designed to make everything you post look like :colbert:, but it does and I like it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

OSheaman posted:

Ummm wow I think I'm stuck in windowed mode. How do you toggle full screen?

Have to do it from the launcher.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dusty Lens posted:

A buddy from the Freelancer days sent me a link to the soundtrack and a link to the steam page.

So far everything seems way above board but I thought I'd check in before I pulled the trigger on a purchase.

How's the important stuff, UI, ease of play, actually not being terrible/etc?

e; If I played the hell out of Sid's Pirates do I have a decent idea of what's going on with, you know, less dancing.

Thread is only like 3 pages, and touches on all of this. But yes, its a similar idea to Pirates! The UI is good enough, a little weird at times, but works fine. The game is piss easy to pick up and get going with, and there is some truly difficult stuff to fight through. The game is really good, and for 20 bux its a steal.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dusty Lens posted:

first reaction responses.

Game has been out one day. I don't know what you want from us.

Also, music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO1SGvFSgZQ

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Malcolm posted:

Well this is very intriguing, I love some FTL type space games and had no idea this was in development. Looking forward to more reviews and first impressions.

Nothing like FTL in the slightest, so get rid of that notion quick.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

UnholyCow posted:

Yeah, this is not a slow RPG space game. It's basically Capitol Ship Freelancer and I love it.

Take Freelancer and make your ship the pirate ship from Assassins Creed Black Flag. That is exactly this game.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rocketpriest posted:

This is the big trade-off with the laser broadsides I just picked up in the second system. On the one-hand, when they're fully aligned, they can actually hit and kill fighters, which is awesome, but if you don't let them charge up you can miss a loving capital ship that's within half a space meter (I LOVE space meters as a measure of distance, it's great).

I'm loving the random alien technology loot you can pick up from destroyed ships' cargo containers. I haven't found one of the apparently awesome viridian beams yet, but last night I picked up a missile turret with a 14 space meter range and an infinite ammo supply. poo poo's loving crazy.

I'm in second system and have yet to find anything but trade loot from drops wth

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Internet Explorer posted:

So on a scale from 1 to awesome how is this game for just getting high and flying around in space?

Awesome. Thats the target demographic.

Also, threat rankings can be a bit misleading. I'm in an Icarus with a Slamjet booster, and I can run into VERY HIGH ranked poo poo and come out untouched because of my sheer speed.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Wrr posted:

I like to get really close.

Same. I use the skills of the wolf, get close enough I can use my knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Danith posted:

I took a mission that I thought would be pretty easy, find and deliver 9 robots. Well, I've only found 2 in the system. Is there a easy way to find where I can get more or do I just have to keep visiting stations and seeing what they stock?

In the commodity store, the window on the right will tell where they import the item from, so you can just go to that station next, buy what they have, go to THEIR importer, etc

• Locked thread