Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
This is a weird game with Danny being the odd one out in this.

Turner and Neutron (I'm going to refer to Timmy and Jimmy by last name to avoid getting them mixed up) have crossed paths before as indicated by Jimmy calling Cosmo and Wanda as holograms, an obvious call-back to those crossovers, and both them and SpongeBob have had home console games prier to this one but Danny's only had two solo games and both were on portable systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I should probably point out that Danny's Ghost Shield is actually a known Ghost power in Danny Phantom. Not only are Danny and Vlad able to use it in the series but another ghost was able to do it as well and even several human characters were able to generate Ghost Shields using technological means.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

my dog boyfriend!! posted:

Which, like I said, just seems like slavery after death. Like my life loving sucks enough, I died, I didn't get into heaven, my soul wanders the earth eternal knowing no respite nor solace, and now I have to take punches for some teenager in spandex. That's some real bullshit.

Except that like all the Ghost powers Danny uses, it's powered by his own ectoplasmic energy as a half-ghost not enslaved ghosts like you seem to believe.

Same with Vlad and other ghost, Technus. For the artificial Ghost Shield generators, they presumably found a way to generate the ectoplasmic energy artificially.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 21, 2015

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

my dog boyfriend!! posted:

I didn't do my homework before signing on as a commentator for this LP :(

That's fine, it's been years since the show ended so I don't you to remember this stuff. That's why I and other goons will try to correct any mistakes made during the LP.

And I'd say more like super beings in general given the range of powers that were demonstrated on the show but obviously that would include the Lantern Corps.

And SpongeBob is well established as being an idiot with extreme tunnel vision.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 21, 2015

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

I remember watching these cartoons when I was younger. I liked Fairly Oddparents, but was confused on why they decided to crossover with Jimmy Neutron. If anything, Danny Phantom would have been a better show to crossover with. Speaking of; Danny Phantom was a pretty cool cartoon that I regularly watched. The last new episode I remember watching was Urban Jungle, which left me totally confused since 1) when did Danny have ice powers and 2) who were these characters that the main cast knew, but the audience knew nothing about? It also didn't help that there was a really long gap between seasons 2 and 3. And Spongebob... was there too.

The ice powers were presumably always there, Danny just wasn't aware that he had them until that point though his Ghost Sense was meant to be foreshadowing for this.

Frostbite himself first appeared in the episode Infinite Realms in which Danny, Sam, & Tucker crash into his icy domain. He initially attacks them do to an icicle being embedded in his fur causing him a great deal of pain until Danny removes it. Danny remains on good terms with Frostbite and his people, who honor Danny as the Savior of the Ghost Zone do to him defeating Pariah Dark prior to this episode.

The episode ends with another hint of Danny's ice powers when Frostbite tells another Far Frozen, the name of Frostbite's people, that Danny will return stating that "He has more in common with us than he realizes." having sensed that Danny was capable of generating cold, something he would tell Danny when they meet again during Urban Jungle.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 30, 2015

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

The weird thing is that Nick showed Urban Jungle (sixth episode of season 3) in October of 2006 and then later aired the episode you described (episode 2) and the rest of season 3 9. MONTHS. LATER. (July and August of 2007). I would eventually learn about season 3 after the show had ended and read summaries of the episodes that I didn't watch.

Yeah, Nick has a habit of airing episodes out of order. They also did this which Power Rangers Samurai much to the frustration of Linkara who has been doing a History of Power Rangers respective for a couple years now with Samurai being the most recent season he's covered at this time.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Cartoon Network isn't much better about that since they have an equally lovely track record with their past properties.

• Locked thread