Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I haven't played since a few months ago but Gauntlet still feels like pick Magmar or don't play at all. They just generate way too much value in a limited environment.

edit: The rare match you get vs non-Magmar is pretty fun, though.

Phoix fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Scoss posted:

Ranged minions seem very very good in gauntlet now. I had one game where I was losing board presence, low on life and out of creatures to play, retreated back into my half of the field with a simple 4/3 archer lady out and this was actually a winning play because he had no answers and I could just gun down everything he played as he tried to chase after me. I feel like I would absolutely have lost in that situation previously.

Another game I played the 1/2 ranged guy, Greater Fortitude on turn 2 and had him concede by turn 4 or 5 because he couldn't make any creatures stick.

It seems like these kinds of value plays that previously would have been doomed to failure or very risky due to the ubiquity of available removal or combos are much more viable now?

I lost 3 gauntlet matches in a row to ranged units with Killing Edge on them. It was a pretty good experience.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Sentinel triggering when a minion dies is super weird. Lavaslasher battles my Rakushi sentinel, the sentinel dies and a full health Rakushi pops out to deal 2 more damage.

edit: or I guess this could just be them triggering at the same time but the game shows it happening in a strange order. Haven't seen other Sentinel effects pop yet.

Phoix fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 12, 2017

• Locked thread