Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I bet Mangini is getting fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

That wasn't really his fault... Their QB belongs nowhere near an NFL field. That was pathetic.

Obviously, but Jed York.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Crushing bad teams is more of an indicator of success than beating good teams.

Who.have they really crushed

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

They beat the Chiefs, 49ers, Rams, Seahawks and Bears by two scores or more.

The Bears game was a one score game, the Rams game was closer than that score indicated, and they should have been embarrassed to only score 17 against the 49ers at home

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

I will say nice things without reservations about :

Patriots, Bengals, Packers, Cardinals, Panthers, Falcons, Steelers

I also think these two are pretty good, but with a critical flaw at QB that probably ends up boning them:

Broncos, Jets.

I think these otherwise eh teams are at least moving in the right direction this year:

Vikings, Titans, Raiders.

Kalli.... I thought we were bros.....

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ozu posted:

Ross said that the Chargers improved at literally every single position this year so I don't know what.

On paper, they did.

QB didn't change obviously
RB going from Mathews to Gordon was supposed to be an upgrade
WR, going from Eddie Royal to Stevie Johnson was an upgrade
TE didn't change, but Green has stepped up.
OL, bringing in Joe Barksdale and Orlando Franklin were supposed to be upgrades from Jeromy Clary and Chad Rinehart.
DL didn't change
LB, getting Melvin Ingram and Jerry Attouchu were supposed to be upgrades from the corpses of Jarrett Johnson and Dwight Freeny.
CB, getting Verrett back was supposed to be an upgrade over Richard Marshall, and it has been.
Safety didn't change.
Kicker was a downgrade.

This team is weird

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

I think you've overrated a few players and injuries haven't helped but with no running game this is barely a .500 team.

Who am I overrating? If anything, the one player I'm underrating was Ryan Mathews but no one knew Gordon would look this bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

aperion posted:

Just let Rivers call the plays, gently caress the coaches and their shitass playbook. Chargers go 10-0 the rest of the season.

Yes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Uh well Stevie Johnson has less catches than Eddie Royal.
he's missed three games

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ozu posted:

Manti Te'o appears to not be particularly good. Him and Butler are the amongst the 2 worst rated ILBs by PFF.

I really doubt Manti gets his starting job back. Butler will keep getting chances because of his contract, but I expect Perryman to be the starter going forward.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So, they upgraded on paper, like I said. I didn't know in August that he'd miss half the season six weeks in. If you don't think Johnson is an upgrade from Royal on paper, I dunno what to tell you

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Stevie Johnson was certainly better 3-5 years ago, but he's fallen off a cliff since 2013.

Kaepernick does bad things to a player

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

To a degree, but I think he's really been slowed down by injuries. He's just not the player he was.

Probably not, but I still think he's better than Royal. Royal had the anti-Stevie treatment. He came to San Diego and looked much better than he is because of Rivers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

That game was an utter embarrassment. I'm glad I was watching my best friend get married instead of glued to a TV.

Everyone was bad. The Raiders were running the same screen pass all day and we just had no answer for it. Tackling was awful. Offense was awful. Rivers was awful. Everyone was bad, which is some combination of what's been going on all year and the Raiders just being more prepared and being a better team.

Good for you guys, Oakland fans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

the Chargers need to do some serious soul searching and put some money and draft picks into both lines of scrimmage. This team has drafted one offensive lineman in the first round in the last 30 years. And they continue to run a 3-4 defense when they haven't had a true nose tackle since Jamal Williams. Corey Liuget is good, but no one else on that line is anything special.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Philip Rivers needs to get away from this franchise

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ozu posted:

He has a no-trade clause but what's a realistic offer that could work? 1st rounder + Muhammad Wilkerson?

I'd take it.

He'd never go to new york though.

Houston, maybe

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chinatown posted:

By "soul searching" do you mean "blowing it up and moving to LA and rebuilding"?

I don't really care about the LA thing, but yes rebuilding and starting with the lines.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

more like an indictment of Ryan Tannehill top 5 QB and NFL record holder for most consecutive completions

what now

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cole posted:

25!!

And the first incomplete was off the receiver's hands and Tannehill looked like he wanted to slit the dude's throat.

Oh drat. That's what I get for not paying attention to football yesterday

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

nerve posted:

Over two games, if that wasn't clear.

That makes more sense. I know Rivers had 20 straight in one game this year and was disappointed that it didn't come close to the record

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

100% chance the Ravens win next week

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tommie Harris is a super cool dude

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

are you out of your goddamn mind

Patriots Hall of Fsme, maybe

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

how many special teamers are in the HOF anyways
Ray Guy

Jan Stanerud

Is Steve Tasker in

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I also think a special teams player that no one outside of NE has ever heard of and a mediocre safety will go to Canton

I wish I was that optimistic about my team's players. I'm still skeptical about Antonio Gates getting in, PED thing aside

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

commy gun posted:

Soon you won't have to worry! Let them go, Ross; you'll be better for it.

I wish my dumb team would leave and let me start over.

I'm still probably gonna end up following them because I'm more a Chargers fan than a San Diegan.

Also my baseball and hockey teams are both in LA/Orange County so whatever. It'll suck not being a mile from the stadium though.

I still don't think they're moving next year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

We've reached accepta-

Nevermind.

I mean that I think it'll be 2017 or 2018 before they're gone because of logistics and having somewhere up there to play.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

So next year do they play as the Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego?
Who knows! Whatever it is, it'll be in front of about 10k or less fans at the stadium

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I had a thought earlier. If the Chargers and Raiders do end up sharing a stadium, it means the Raiders would move into the NFC West.

It'd mean regular Niners/Raiders games.

I think working to keep the Raiders in the AFC would be for the best, if only to save the money from the inevitable settlements to dead fans' families.

I still think the Carson project is total fiction. It's gonna be the Rams and Chargers in Inglewood, and the Raiders are going to rot in Oakland.

Hypothetically, moving the Chargers to the NFC West would make more sense if the Raiders and Chargers shared a stadium. More history with the Raiders and tbe other two teams in the AFC West, unfortunately.

That would mean the NFC West would have to send a team to the AFC West, and who.knows who that would be

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JRizzle posted:

The...the Seahawks?

Get them the gently caress out

I'd guess Seattle because of former AFC West ties, or Arizona because of lack of significant NFC West history. The 49ers and Rams are NFC West stalwarts

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kalensc posted:

They should leave them both in the AFCW so that twice a year there's some magical mutual-home games. :allears:

I don't want the Raiders to have 9 home games

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

Arizona at least has NFC history.

send the hawks :colbert:

Agree, cause I want an excuse to go to Phoenix once a year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I am obliged to post this every time someone suggests going to Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

I grew up in Palm Springs so it's not that different

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

Johnny Manziel was drafted before Derek Carr

The Browns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007