Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird

by zen death robot
um ok im going to run the secret santa again

so you sign up and are randomly assigned a santa who you don't know who they are and they send you gifts, and you are assigned someone else the same way. try to shoot for like $20 value as like a baseline but you know can spend more or less for something cool or whatever, just expect your gift to be worth about that so you don't feel ripped off. if you sign up and don't send anything you'll be banned. if you sign up and you don't get sent anything, i have a couple backup santas who can come up with something for you (but if anyone else wants to sign up to be a backup santa that would be cool)
more than enough backup santas

if you want to sign up, please send me your address, ideas for things you want, ideas for things you do not want, and where you're willing to ship (nationally, north america, anywhere). if you don't have plat, you can also email me your signup stuff at byob8.2secretsanta@gmail.com

signups end november 4th, and then hopefully everyone can ship by say december 8th, so plenty of time to get something cool together and then for it to get to your person in time for christmas

so ok ya

weird fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landy.
sign me up

joke_explainer

when all is said and done, I can't help but wonder who the Secret Santa King/Queen will be this year.

City of Glompton

I will do this again, it was a lot of fun.

Lil Cunty

ya I will do this

hey just a heads up if you don't provide a name and your package is returned bc of that I don't think you should get a back up Santa. I guess if you don't provide a name and you don't get anything you shouldn't get a back up Santa is what I'm saying

I spent over $50 in shipping last year resending a gift to someone who didn't get their original gift bc they wouldn't give their name and their apartment building wouldn't accept it from the post office without a name

it's cool if you don't want to provide a name, I didn't last year and I got my package, but I think if you don't provide a name and your package doesn't come it's probably your fault for not providing a name and people shouldn't continue to waste money on you

ty crap

ty landy

joke_explainer

quick note, don't just assume blub still has your address from last year if you did it, send it just like you were signing up for the first time... saves her time in the long run and takes you almost no time, otherwise she has to dig through logs and emails and pms (which she has emptied out twice since last year, so no luck there)

Schmeichy

2spooky4u

maybe if I send a good enough gift I'll finally be accepted into the elite byob crew

Lil Cunty

Schmeichy posted:

maybe if I send a good enough gift I'll finally be accepted into the elite byob crew

yes...that's exactly how it's done...I look forward to my subscription to Seasonal Sours Bimonthly

ty crap

ty landy

Schmeichy

2spooky4u

Lil Cunty posted:

yes...that's exactly how it's done...I look forward to my subscription to Seasonal Sours Bimonthly

is... is this a real thing? do they do 2-for-1?

Lil Cunty

God I wish

BYOB does a really good secret Santa last year I got a belly dancing costume and a DVD on belly dancing. I'm a bullmoose belly dancer now and I'll be going to belly dancing regionals in spring so I really think everyone should sign up

ty crap

ty landy

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Lil Cunty posted:

ya I will do this

hey just a heads up if you don't provide a name and your package is returned bc of that I don't think you should get a back up Santa. I guess if you don't provide a name and you don't get anything you shouldn't get a back up Santa is what I'm saying

I spent over $50 in shipping last year resending a gift to someone who didn't get their original gift bc they wouldn't give their name and their apartment building wouldn't accept it from the post office without a name

it's cool if you don't want to provide a name, I didn't last year and I got my package, but I think if you don't provide a name and your package doesn't come it's probably your fault for not providing a name and people shouldn't continue to waste money on you

sorry WD :( I don't remember if I gave my name or not but I probably screwed up and didn't

and yeah I'll participate again this year and try to do better this time

edit: also I'm poor af because the United States thinks crippled people should live in hovels and eat cat food, so I can only do domestic gifts. I'm sorry international friends.

cat_herder fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 26, 2015

ron color
ok I'll do it

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
how many live bugs can you ship for 20$

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
weird

by zen death robot
bump

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GEExCEE

mister magpie posted:

Paging ectral

Lil Cunty

mister magpie posted:

depends on the bug and the mood I guess. sugar ants are lighter than like, cicadas, and you ship by weight, but a swarm of noseeums weighs almost nothing but sends a different message completely

ty crap

ty landy

mags

hmm crickets are probably more expensive

paul_soccer12 posted:

Ace of Baes
ill do it

----------------

pogi

Sign me up.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i will actually do a rl secret santa thing this year

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Looke

i got a cool byob wrestling dvd last year, signed up

fuck. marry. t-rex

It's freaking October 2oth

Piso Mojado

wd, if you get me please send me some Ziggy Stardust hand towels. tia.

Piso Mojado

mister magpie posted:

http://www.amazon.com/1500-Live-Ladybugs-Guaranteed-Delivery/dp/B00533KOIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445630625&sr=8-1&keywords=lady+bug+live

about 4500 + shipping

Weekend Bridges

by Smythe
I'd like to join.

----------------

weird

by zen death robot

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

gently caress you

----------------

Lil Cunty

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I know it's only 2 months away but I think we can pull it together in time

if you wanted it earlier should have offered to run it this year

ty crap

ty landy

alnilam

Hi blub

alnilam

I'm in

alnilam

I just typed a long message to blub on my phone and then lost it :( too sad to rewrite it now I'll do it soon though

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I'll do it again. Fun fact that I learned last year: if you are planning on moving to a different country on new year's then maybe you should not do BYOB secret santa. My santa was not ready to send stuff in time so I just told him not to bother. Still had fun making a gift, though!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

I'm going to join the thing and fluffie is going to send me a nice note and a gift for my dog again, thanks fluffie :3:

bog pixie

GEExCEE posted:

Paging ectral

can ship three big millipedes and five scorpions

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
I'm tempted to. I do enjoy gifting.

----------------

bog pixie

ill join this year

alnilam

thanks

mags

ill sign up so i can send someone some crickets or caterpillars or maybe a bee queen

paul_soccer12 posted:

joke_explainer

every year people joke about sending gross or terrible things but it hasn't happened yet afaik

Lil Cunty

joke_explainer posted:

every year people joke about sending gross or terrible things but it hasn't happened yet afaik

except the year you sent me a half-eaten malomar and a fart in a jar

ty crap

ty landy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke

this year is gonna be the year

• Locked thread