Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Howling Man posted:

Snoke is Evil Zordon from Power Rangers.

Kelp Plankton posted:

He's a snake made of smoke

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Obviously he is going to be serpentine on account of his name is Snoke and this is Star Wars

Abner Assington posted:

Maybe he's a gundark who's tired of seeing his species having their ears pulled off by rear end in a top hat humans.

Jerkface posted:

a lowly womprat standing on a crate

God, you people are stupid.

He's obviously the Rancor from Return of the Jedi that's been resurrected using the Dark Side of the Force. Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

So the Mirror (yeah, I know, take with a grain, no, a block, of salt) they're "reporting" that they're cutting out a lot of her performance in TFA:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/lupita-nyongo-scenes-cut-star-6931397?ICID=ref_fark

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gonz posted:

Kathleen Kennedy just said in an interview that Phasma survives Episode VII.

That's a shame. I was hoping they'd kill her off just to watch the nerd :kingsley:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

he probably just comes from the feral tribal black people planet Mace Windu came from.

Wonder what this guy's opinion of Space Latino Bail Organa was.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Has anyone asked why spaceships didn't suicide into one another before TLJ?

That one A-Wing went into the Super Star Destroyer in RotJ

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I watched Revenge of the Sith the other day and one little set up I hadn't really noticed before was in the fight with Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Count Dooku, Dooku uses a force push to throw Obi-Wan across the room. Later, fighting Grevious, Obi-Wan then uses a force push to through the General, then, in the the final confrontation of Anakin vs Obi-Wan, when both try to use it, it backfires (or succeeds, from a certain point of view), and both get flung across the room.

Also, with Obi-Wan's fight against Jango Fett from AotC, to his fights against Grevious and Anakin, Obi-Wan's not afraid to do a little hand to hand combat.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Where do the lightsabers fit into this?

R2 just keeps shooting them out of his dome

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

fivegears4reverse posted:

We'd be better off if we'd been offered the promise of movies that took place before TFA, to show us in dramatic fashion how the New Republic struggled, and ultimately failed to such an extent that the First Order could take hold.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised that by recasting Han Solo, that this idea hasn't popped into Disney's head. If Solo does well, recast Luke and Leia, and do a new series of films between RotJ and TFA.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I see there's been a new petition up. This one is "cast Meryl Streep as Princess Leia".

Cast Mark Hamill as Leia

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

I'm starting to wonder if these rumors, and petitions, are being put out there by Disney to judge reaction to the idea of recasting Leia, and are using the most awarded actress of all time so the responses aren't clouded by, "But she's a terrible actress!' opinions. Like, just see what the fans think of the concept of recasting at all.

:tinfoil:

I've said it before, but I bet Disney is praying that Solo does well enough that they'll recast Luke and Leia and do films set post RotJ

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BarronsArtGallery posted:

we had a loving Vader movie

it was called Episodes I-III

*internet whines* That's not how I wanted Vader!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I loved the little foreshadowing where Mace holds his lightsaber to Jango's throat as a threat, and then later, does actually decapitate him.

That whole scene is brutal. From the shadow of Jango's flying head to the blatant shot of Jango's headless body falling.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

What am I missing with the name "L3-37"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

Gotta say I've been enjoying ILM twitter's new thing of posting random shots from the movie as gifs on the interweb

https://twitter.com/ilmvfx/status/992530731023847424

Is she supposed to be injured in this scene, or is Clarke incapable of even running convincingly?

• Locked thread