Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm not sure about all the talk regarding Fynn and Poe escaping together in the TIE and crashing on Jakku etc. I'm seeing a distinct lack of Poe in any shots with Fynn and Rey (except one shot with Fynn and Poe outside the rebel base). On top of that, he's not represented as well as the other two on the poster. I just don't know why all these rumors persist about him getting captured and the two of them landing on Jakku, when we only see Fynn by himself or with Rey.

It's just Finn, you don't have to Star Warsify his name more.

Finn's got Poe's jacket, Finn isn't a pilot, and we know Poe gets captured and tortured. This is one of the more fleshed out chunks of "known" plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Should really be in the OP.

Or just broken down into bulletpoints and purchased as avatars.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/11/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-reveals-new-photos-first-order-details/

Finn rescuing Poe confirmed; MakingStarWars's rundown is all but confirmed at this point.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

More here.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Who is Han's old mentor? Is that what they're calling Luke to keep him hidden?

Maz Kanata, the pirate.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

who are these "MakingOf" people who leaked the entire plot and why should I believe them?

Of course, most of what I read fits perfectly with the trailer/TV spot footage so far. And Harrison Ford has always wanted to have Han Solo die after New Hope and I look forward to the fans blaming this on J J Abrams

People with connections to crew working on the movies, and because they did the same, accurately, for the prequels.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Mike N Eich posted:

So with each trailer/tv spot its becoming more and more clear that the spoiler of "Finn isn't the force sensitive one, its actually Rey" is at least half bullshit? They wouldn't have so much focus of him with a lightsaber (not just using one out of desperation against Ren, but also looking competent against a stormtrooper) if that were the case.

But who knows. I'm hoping to be surprised, even as I stalk the internet for clues.

He's got it until the end of this first movie; it's a whole trilogy, so the story of Rey's force sensitivity isn't wrapped up here.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Harrison Ford loving hates having his Star Wars legacy hanging over his head, who on Earth isn't expecting him to die since there is no loving way he would agree to do more than one of these new movies.

I know plenty of fans who don't know this about Ford. They think he loves Star Wars and Indiana Jones and wants to do them until he crashes a plane so hard he dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

gohmak posted:

Aren't all lightsabers DIY?

Based on instructions, though. Luke had Ben's journal, and earlier Jedi had direct instruction.

• Locked thread