Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

G-III posted:

Although bonus points if they bring all of that darth plagueis stuff into this an rey is another midichlorian derived virgin birthed force person like Anakin. She's quite clearly carrying around a staff that looks like it has lightsaber poo poo on one end as seen in those character specific posters. That almost like the hilt of one end of darth maul's lightsaber turned upside down.

Didn't JJ Abraham Lincoln say there wouldn't be any mention of Midichlorines in this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Except that we've seen Kylo Ren without the mask so....

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Whoever's seen this: do I have to suffer through Kylo Ren being treated as a tragic, Byronic character and grey morality rather than the genocidal sociopathic rear end in a top hat that he is?

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

There are only bad guys, some of whom offer false democracy and some of whom offer authoritarianism.

The First Order blew up six planets and killed presumably trillions of people? They kidnap children and train them to be mindless, obedient footsoldiers. And that's AFTER the Empire blew up one planet with billions and murdered and oppressed countless more.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I liked this. It has some major, major issues though. It's a collection of incredible scenes and sequences connected by some startlingly weak narrative tissue.

Someone who's smarter than me: Why was Admiral Holdo in this movie if everything she said and did could have been done by Leia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Dramatic tension through characters simply not talking to each other is always, always weak and painful, but I didn't notice it as much in this movie compared to others.

Mulva posted:

Poe needed to see competent leadership and real sacrifice at work, and Leia needed to survive to say good-bye to Luke.

This makes sense but it still makes me mad, lol.

PantsBandit posted:

The leadership seemed really incompetent because for some reason she left a bunch of her crew in the dark about the fact that she actually did have a plan to not let them all die.

Yeah I absolutely did not get this. She just stood on the bridge and watched her people die.

No Mods No Masters posted:

The phase of discussion of a movie where SMG has begun posting but enough normal people are still in the thread that his mental diarrhea is just ignored, is my favorite. We’re in the sweet spot folks

It's absolutely *kisses fingers* loving delicious.

• Locked thread