Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Problem description: New Dell notebook, clean install of Windows 10. Everything else is perfectly snappy (including other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox), but Edge simply chugs. The entire browser hangs constantly; it is impossible to scroll smoothly on most sites, and pages take 30 seconds or more to load.

Attempted fixes: Clearing the cache. All drivers are up to date.

Recent changes: None

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home

System specs: Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series (7347)
Core i3 4010u @ 1.7 ghz
4gb RAM
Intel HD 4400 IGP

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Just to confirm, you do have the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers from the Intel website?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Alereon posted:

Just to confirm, you do have the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers from the Intel website?

Yup, as of like a week ago. I'll check for another update today but I don't think that is the issue.

I also realized that Edge is the only broswer on my pc that isn't on adblock. Could that be the problem? I know that ads can slow a browser down but it shouldn't make it completely unusable like this.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Nope that shouldn't be related at all. Qquick note: you should be using uBlock Origin as your ad blocking extension in all browsers you use, the commercial solution like the actual "Ad Block" and ABP are no longer recommended.

• Locked thread