Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

vibratingsheep posted:

Crud, the p19 bag got torn in transit? I will pack the next one better, she's been a guest at my convention before and I'm getting her C89 pack next. Glad you like the Fate stuff! I tried to find you the wind up Bersercar but it is hard to find these days.

That's who it was? drat. I actually like their stuff a bit. I just googled bersercar and god drat that's fantastic. i REALLY need to get around to watching Carnival Phantasm one of these days. Hope you have better luck with shipping the bags next time, since it is a pretty cool thing to get actually.
edit: The books also give me more reason to study, as there's a LOT of information on various things in there!

Brownieftw fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Brownieftw posted:

That's who it was? drat. I actually like their stuff a bit. I just googled bersercar and god drat that's fantastic. i REALLY need to get around to watching Carnival Phantasm one of these days. Hope you have better luck with shipping the bags next time, since it is a pretty cool thing to get actually.
edit: The books also give me more reason to study, as there's a LOT of information on various things in there!

Glad you liked it, and sorry I didn't pack the Comiket bag well enough (I meant to ship everything in the bag but the box size didn't allow). I'll make it up to you!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Christmas here in Korea and I have opened my Secret Santa gift!!!!!

Sorry for the poo poo quality. I hardly ever take pictures with my phone and I upload them even less. Pictures are mainly for me to remember stuff to look up later, like books or restaurants.

The package, from Japan. I have a name, but no avatar to connect to it.

Inside was a neatly wrapped package! With French words!

I'd like to make it clear that I did my best to preserve the shape of the wrapping but I suck balls at unwrapping stuff. A Maki thing! One of my Top 2 Love Live singers! Tossup between Maki and Eli, really. I probably like Maki more but Eli's solo is my favorite single, bar none. It's terribly adorable.

But wait, there's something underneath it...

A single! I am loving pumped. I have never owned a music CD in my life! And it's Love Live! And it's a recent one! And apparently it comes with a code for a promo SR for the School Idol Festival app! Which I play!

Here they are along my only 2 other anime (for a loose definition of anime) goodies. The Maki figure actually comes with a bobble head option. You can either lock her head in a fixed position or let it bobble 24/7. Obviously I see no reason not to go with the bobble. She's bobbling away even now!!!! :3:

Heck, I took the picture while her head was bobbling!

Thanks a lot to my Secret Santa and I'm sorry I kept you waiting 3 weeks before I finally opened my gift! I love it!!!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Another thing (maybe unrelated but I wanted to thank him here) from dogsicle, an awesome person! Thanks!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sent my gifts out to my secret Santa who should be getting most of them by the end/start of the (new) year and will be getting his last two gifts at the end of January because shipping is a bitch.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's Christmas here in Korea and I have opened my Secret Santa gift!!!!!

Sorry for the poo poo quality. I hardly ever take pictures with my phone and I upload them even less. Pictures are mainly for me to remember stuff to look up later, like books or restaurants.

The package, from Japan. I have a name, but no avatar to connect to it.

Inside was a neatly wrapped package! With French words!

I'd like to make it clear that I did my best to preserve the shape of the wrapping but I suck balls at unwrapping stuff. A Maki thing! One of my Top 2 Love Live singers! Tossup between Maki and Eli, really. I probably like Maki more but Eli's solo is my favorite single, bar none. It's terribly adorable.

But wait, there's something underneath it...

A single! I am loving pumped. I have never owned a music CD in my life! And it's Love Live! And it's a recent one! And apparently it comes with a code for a promo SR for the School Idol Festival app! Which I play!

Here they are along my only 2 other anime (for a loose definition of anime) goodies. The Maki figure actually comes with a bobble head option. You can either lock her head in a fixed position or let it bobble 24/7. Obviously I see no reason not to go with the bobble. She's bobbling away even now!!!! :3:

Heck, I took the picture while her head was bobbling!

Thanks a lot to my Secret Santa and I'm sorry I kept you waiting 3 weeks before I finally opened my gift! I love it!!!

oh hey...nice copy of smash 3ds....if you uh...well, it's not that i want to play it with you or anything, but...i wouldn't say no, i-if you asked me too...i guess

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sure, but I'll hafta post my NNID later cause I got family lunch plans.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baal posted:

Sent my gifts out to my secret Santa who should be getting most of them by the end/start of the (new) year and will be getting his last two gifts at the end of January because shipping is a bitch.

is it me cause I dont have anything yet and im very anxious

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Merry Christmas to all you goons!

vibratingsheep posted:

Glad you liked it, and sorry I didn't pack the Comiket bag well enough (I meant to ship everything in the bag but the box size didn't allow). I'll make it up to you!

That's not completely necessary, but it's all up to you. I thought it was cool enough to get something from someone I liked a bit, without mentioning it anywhere on these forums.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Still no photos but for the time being I'll post a list of what we got so far from our secret santa.

Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo
Splatoon amiibo 3 pack
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Another package is sitting at the post office right now, gotta go pick it up tomorrow!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fauxtool posted:

is it me cause I dont have anything yet and im very anxious

Yeah, sorry it's taken this long, dude.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its ok, i like your AV

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ty, same to you

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sorry for low quality pics, couldn't borrow a better camera so had to use the 3ds' camera.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the physical gifts
a super nice shaving kit, some undertale stickers (and a :shittydog: button!), and the newest spoon album! thanks, Tarranon!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
all too happy to throw a dog a bone :shittydog:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I arrive home, and what mysteries do we have here?

A package, from a friend on the other side of this beautiful world! Thank goodness for the interconnectivity of this global civilisation!

Inside are a wide range of local confectionaries. They look tasty. The Paul Auster book looks like an interesting read. I've not seen any Judge Dredd besides the Stallone adaptation, this would be cool to check out.

Finally, a lovely little handwritten card by Chas. Japanese whisky is excellent, but it's hard for me to make any judgement calls. And of course, there is no reason for the imitation to be incapable of surpassing the original.

I'm glad I joined up in this thing. These gifts were brilliant and great fun, next time, once I've settled in to this country, I will send out something even better.

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 29, 2015

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Haha, I was getting worried that it'd been lost. I was pretty busy around the time I sent the stuff so that's why nothing was wrapped. It would've felt weird getting you a load of anime related stuff since you're already at the source.

I forgot that I put angel delight in there for packing. It's pretty gross but I thought it'd be funny.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait a loving second Phob is in Japan.

Phob, were you my SS?????

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
it is a secret

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The angel delight is a trap

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the angel delight is a challenge

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The teacakes are traditionally eaten in a single bite...

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
its 11:30pm and im gonna pop out to buy some milk

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

1970s Glasgow lootcrate

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Serving suggestion: half a tin of peaches at the bottom of a bowl of butterscotch angel delight

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

.jpg posted:

1970s Glasgow lootcrate
I really regret that I didn't include some booze and a miniature glass bottle of irn bru.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

.jpg posted:

Serving suggestion: half a tin of peaches at the bottom of a bowl of butterscotch angel delight

Just like mum used to make

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
what the gently caress is this

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
is this supposed to float on the top

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Phobophilia posted:

Wait did you put the tea cakes inside a cup of tea?

Is that how it's supposed to be eaten?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Phobophilia posted:

You're meant to whisk it up

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
oh

ill buy a whisk tomorrow

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
You can mix it up with a fork

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I will finally be able to send poo poo out next week.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
We picked up another package today, this one for Kinky Cookie Bunny, but had some trouble picking it up at first since KCB's license doesn't have our current address on it and the person who sent the package addressed it to "kit kat kitty stuff"?????

Either way, package opened and here is what was inside!

And here are some shots from online so you can tell what the gently caress it actually is lol

KCB loves it!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First of my SS stuff arrived. I got a pretty nice Zaku keychain and an excellent K-on lanyard.

I really like the lanyard. Its super in line with things I like and will definitely be used until threadbare.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
poo poo, that's Dozle's Zaku. nice.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a big ol' bag of candy
It's a very Chinese looking brand and guava flavor. It tastes VERY strongly of the fruit and everyone who has tried it liked it a lot.
Im glad my secret santa went with "lots of little stuff" instead of 1 big thing. Im enjoying it very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Secret Santa stuff has been ordered

• Locked thread