Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xubYjNRLNz0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

I like how they count Van Buren in fo3 dev time, despite it being a scrapped prototype made by another company, none of which made it into the actual Fallout 3. The chart is less good for star citizen if you count from when Bethesda started work on it in 2004.

Some of the games in that chart are good too, but Star Citizen probably will not be whenever it's "done".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkylAlppAOs

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

what a loving king

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Marching Powder posted:

what a loving king

That's how you properly quit a game. :v:

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Romes128 posted:

Your mother's a stretch goal

Update thread title please it doesn't get much better than this.

Or does it?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that this loving thread isn't 'star citizen: heil hitler and satan' is wrong

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Booourns posted:

This thread would be a lot more fun if you could actually read it.
Think you guys could cut back a little on the food chat, cat posting, "wow this thread has lots of replies", madden football gif generator gifs, and completely random off topic chat?
It would be real cool if I didn't have to skip through 5 pages at a time looking for actual SC related stuff

Hello I saw your post and realized i had taken a picture a while ago to post in GWS.

Homemade bulgogi with five banchans or korean side dishes.

Clockwise from the top:

1) Tiny dried anchovies bought from a korean grocery store that makes them.

2) Salty blanched spinach with sesame.

Start with some ordinary spinach. Boil some salted water and blanch the spinach for thirty seconds. Remove and run cold water over the spinach to arrest the cooking. Wrap the spinach in a paper towel and squeeze out the moisture with tremendous force. Change the paper towel and do it again. In a bowl combine some soy sauce, a pinch of sugar, and sesame oil. Put the forcibly dessicated spinach cake into the mixture and stir it around. It will absorb the mixture and be salty and delicious with rice. I use korean salty light colored 'soy sauce for soup' with mine, but normal soy sauce works too. Put some korean sesame salt on top.

3) Kimchee made by the old ladies at the korean grocery store. It's really good, find a korean grocery store where old ladies make it and buy some.

4) Gochujang paste. An earthy, somewhat spicy paste made by Koreans and sold at grocery stores.

5) Gamja Jorim made from scratch, Potatoes and onions sauteed then glazed with sesame oil, maltose syrup and soy sauce.

Start with an ordinary potato, peel it and cut it into pieces about an inch big.

Sautee them for a while in oil, until they start to cook but don't get very brown. Add some water, some maltose syrup (or sugar or corn syrup if you don't have that) and some soy sauce. Cook in the liquid until the potatoes are cooked and the liquid reduces, then add some sesame oil. Sprinkle on some sesame seeds.

6) Soy/sweet lotus root slices also from a korean grocer that makes them

7) eomuk bokkum, fried/glazed fish cake and carrot. From an asian grocery obtain some frozen sheets of korean fish cake. Boil them in water then rinse and squeeze the water out. In a pan, sautee some thinly sliced carrots and onions in oil. When they're ready, add the fish cake, some water, maltose syrup, black pepper, and soy sauce. Reduce down, mix in some sesame oil at the end.

And in the center, Bulgogi.

Obtain from the Fourth Stimpire a suitable quantity of civil meat.

I made mine from some meat sold at the grocery store which came pre-sliced and was billed as being suitable for stir fries or fajita. If your store hasn't got this, find some beef that has a bit of marbling, and cut it across the grain into 1/4 inch slices, or even thinner if you want. Keep it in the freezer for a little while to make it easier to thin slice.

This was the first time I'd made bulgogi and i sort of winged the recipe but it turned out really really good, just like at the restaurant i go to. Like, the best outcome i've ever had just winging a recipe.

An online recipe said to use pears as a tenderizer in the marinade, but I didnt have any, it suggested onions instead.

For the marinade I mixed soy sauce, maltose syrup, minced garlic, sesame oil, and white onion I turned into mush with a microplane, juices and all. I marinated it for a couple hours or so I think.

To cook, either grill it over a very hot grill or else do what I do and put a cast iron skillet on a gas grill turned to high. Leave it in there for a while until it gets super hot. Put some oil in the skillet and put in the meat and then put the meat on the grill rack, and move them between a couple times maybe. It doesnt take long to cook, but you want some nice crunchy bits so high heat is important.

Also make some rice. I noticed earlier some people had problems with rice, so buy a Zojirushi rice cooker and follow the directions on it. They are from memory: Rinse the rise off thoroughly. Put the rice in the pot, fill with water to the line, close the lid and push button. It will play some music and then play music again when its done.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Feb 5, 2016

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Those comments, my god.

They really need to look up what ad hominem means.

"Star Citizen is taking too long to make" rebuttal: "Derek Smart is dumb!"

"Chris Roberts is wasting our money on stupid poo poo like a showroom to sell jpegs to idiots" rebuttal: "Derek Smart can't make good games!"

"Star Marine is cancelled and our pertinent questions annoy Chris Roberts, but aren't we paying customers?" rebuttal: "Line of Defense is terrible you guys!"

:psyduck:

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

what a loving king

I could happily give that man all my moneys based purely on the quality of that one post and be utterly confident he would use it to do something more entertaining and significant than than the crippled halfbred monstrosity of a game CR seems to be attempting to hand wave into existence.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

Hello I saw your post and realized i had taken a picture a while ago to post in GWS.

Sorry, but that looks like something my cat would make for me.
Biologically.
From all available orifices.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Incombibulator posted:

Sorry, but that looks like something my cat would make for me.
Biologically.
From all available orifices.

My camera doesn't capture red, it looked better in person.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:five:

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

I numbered the dishes in my post, which numbers in your image would you say correspond to the ones in mine? Can you match up all seven?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Star citizen : a mushy stool

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

hakimashou posted:

Almost like in StarCitizen. The game results in brown and gray everywhere as well.

GrayCitizen - The old man's color blindness

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

hakimashou posted:

I numbered the dishes in my post, which numbers in your image would you say correspond to the ones in mine? Can you match up all seven?

Needs more sausage, Citizen.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

BeefThief posted:

Every CIG thread that isn't community theorycrafting on the next opportunity to be swindled by Crobber's promises goes like this:

Backer: "When can we expect to see X in the game? Can we at least have a little bit more information about the design and how it will work?"

Other Backer: "You're probably going to be sitting around with your thumbs up your rear end for a while. You know CIG, they claim to have open development but they haven't publicized a plan (if it exists) or schedule, and they don't answer questions about how the game will work because they don't know. They used to at least offer an excuse for why things were late, but since they don't give any dates and the backers looking for accountability get banned they don't have to."

Stupid Backer: "Do you understand game development? Things change ALL THE TIME. Plans change, people change, schedules change. I trust CIG to do what's right and release feature's WHEN THEY'RE READY. This is the most open game development process in history and we have more information about the plans and processes than you would get from a AAA development team under the oppressive thumb of an evil publisher. If you think you're entitled to anything you've paid for, or if you want CIG to be accountable to the promises they've made than I SUGGEST you find another space game to not play."

Hobo Lando or Ben: "Hey guys, let's try to keep it civil. As for X, it's still in the pipeline and we have people working on it, but sometimes we have to change who's working on it and what they're doing. We'll be revamping X in the coming weeks and will keep you posted on its progress. Until we have more information to provide, I'm [closing the thread/moving it to the Concern forum]."

This is an absolutely perfect distillation of the forum process over there, and should be in the OP.

Tullius
Dec 23, 2015
I just told my missus about that showroom even tho the game don't work and even tho she has never played a game before she said "shouldn't they make the game work first".

My girlfriend is a better game developer than crobbers.

E: this thread moves too fast

Tullius fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 5, 2016

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

This thread never stops delivering.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tippis posted:

No. Actually, in retrospect, I suppose I should have begun by asking where you left off… but yes, that happened too. :haw:

I'm guessing that it's Chris trying to revisit and out-do the near-static ship store background action from Freelancer, but “fully immersive” in that standard backwards hyperbole that SC applies to everything when that term is dragged out to be abused.

I am at a loss of words. No amount of sarcasm of parody can top the real thing. Sure we may have no persistence, we may have no economy or any real gameplay for that matter, but at least cig will be able to throw more advertising in our faces before we make our way over to our rewards area that we have gotten access to for spending a ridiculous sum on this promise of a game.

Shameful.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

One of the sales people needs to be a fully motion captured photorealistic Chris Roberts. Citizens should be able to fully immerse themselves in the experience of handing their cash over to the sleazy second hand jpg selling wildly gesticulating cuntbag. Because fidelity.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Type sixes are the loving worst when they come on suddenly and you're nowhere near a toilet and you have to clench hard. But because it's so mushy some squeezes through like brown thermal paste and it takes half a roll of wiping and a shower to sort out afterwards.

Literally shitposting ITT and I only stuck my head in to see if it's failed yet.

Has it failed yet? Right. See you in 2 weeks then.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

No probs. I'm sure it tasted great and that's what counts. :)

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
Friday is productivity day for me

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

darkarchon posted:

At least you're fighting to the bitter end. That's the spirit.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Any Santa Monica (?) goons gonna be heading down to the inevitable liquidation auction in a couple years? Score some sweet stupid looking airplane furniture for pennies on the dollar and have a killer conversation piece when anyone asks you where it came from

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

...Does this person think goons are 4channers, or was that stuff just there to ensure that the ban happened?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Witness this poster, Lowtax.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ag Bengip posted:

...Does this person think goons are 4channers, or was that stuff just there to ensure that the ban happened?

Yes.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Iglocska posted:

So that's a gently caress ton of pages since last night, anyone willing to do a tl:dr;? :(

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Is this a meme

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Nooooo... Who will stand up for procedurally generated birds now?

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Doesn't really look more appetizing tbh

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

darkarchon posted:

Coding in the stimpire

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm going to be reported for harassment because I responded to someone's response about me saying their paranoia is dumb. :ohdear:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43wx9b/cig_pulling_account_funds_from_backers_to_pay_for/czmpypx

I dunno. Have you considered, maybe, trying to be a funny poster?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Star Citizen: It's kinda like having the Norovirus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

alphabettitouretti posted:

I like how they count Van Buren in fo3 dev time, despite it being a scrapped prototype made by another company, none of which made it into the actual Fallout 3. The chart is less good for star citizen if you count from when Bethesda started work on it in 2004.

And Morrowind released in 2002, they'd have to be counting the development time on the expansions to reach 2004 and it would still be wrong, because they were both released in 2003.

e: Ahaha, development didn't even start until 1999, it was just conceived of in '96. So rather than the eight years they claim, it was only 3!

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 5, 2016

• Locked thread