Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

This entire thread is stimperial in its grandeur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Patch 2.2 - Everything is perfect now, and I mean perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9phH8Jf78M

Holy poo poo :pgabz:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

i'm the rotating station rings that get position updates from the server at completely different times

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I've never used it, but apparently XPLOR put together a loadout manager for people who don't feel like dealing with the holotable's bullshit.

Star Citizen has mods before it's even completed. Progress!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kakarot posted:

Funny how many shitizens are training their children to be their turret gunners LOL

Just think of the possibilities.

"You can either mow the lawn or play star citizen"

Grass cut, dishes done, garbage taken out...

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I skipped 6000 posts because I went on vacation? anything interesting happen besides the new amazing EVA?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've never used it, but apparently XPLOR put together a loadout manager for people who don't feel like dealing with the holotable's bullshit.

Star Citizen has mods before it's even completed. Progress!

Star Citizen: it's fans are more capable developers.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ash1138 posted:

i'm the rotating station rings that get position updates from the server at completely different times

Good, so i wasn't the only person weirded out by that.
How does that even?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

:five: I laughed so hard my dog thought I was injured.

Favorite video yet commando. Just loving incredible. This game is so far beyond help.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Someone was asking for fresh dirt, does anyone here aware of how broken the 'issues council' is?

To me it seems a pretty big flag as it's been this way apparently for quite some time (perhaps months) without even 1/300 of CIG noticing or giving a gently caress. Issues that are reproduced past the needed 10 minimum go
through an incubation period before they get voted on to supposedly prioritize them in a queue to be fixed.

What happens now is that the clock counts down to zero, then starts counting back upwards (holy Transverse batman! ). Here's an example that was supposed to go up for vote 12 days ago, which was indeed brought
up to CIG's attention who assured us 'top men' are working on it:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha/SC-8996-Vjoy_implementation_is_bugged (that vjoy is a travesty too)

There's even an issues council ticket on the issues council issues (yo dog):

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/website/WS-11458-Issue_Council___voting_starts_in_x_days__counter_going_backwards

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Galarox posted:

just... lol, yeah hence my previous (hastily put together photoshop) effort post Re: Hobo

edited to add: am working on a nice new piece of classic art, should be good, but as ever if anyone has a suggestion of something they want me to CIGify please let me know :)

Putting in a formal CIGification request (sorry to repost, but saw Galorox offer *after my random suggestion/request)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

MeLKoR posted:

I'm not entirely sure what's the criteria but there is some sort of fuckery afoot. I been messing with several accounts, some of which untraceable and there are certain people that my votes won't affect. I can up/down most goons for example but certain people/posts/threads (I haven't figured what) I just can't affect at all even with accounts with positive karma.

you’re spending way too much time on this man

what you’re seeing is most likely some combination of vote fuzzing, server cache, and some sort of temporary hellban-esque manipulation prevention

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

god. drat. :perfect:

I quit youtube. Pgabz just won it.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Cringeworthy.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

How long do you think until the Star Citizen brand Monthly Steak and Cheese Club starts up?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/491beh/why_keep_a_300i/

Is this someone here trolling this poor guy or is that seriously what Shitizens are telling people to do now?

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 5, 2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I always suggest expensive ships to people. Its funny.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"Everything is under control, situation normal..."

Elsewhere, savor the fidelity in the Monthly Update:

quote:

"On the System Design side we’ve been specing out some high priority systems needed for PU. We finished work on the Oxygen, Breathing & Stamina system that will handle the mechanics for how the oxygen travels from the suit’s tank to the suit’s internal capacity, through the lungs and into the blood stream and how the levels of oxygen in the player’s blood affect his actions, and also what happens when he runs out of oxygen."

(Sorry if that got posted already.)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 5, 2016

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

They can't even prevent models from sticking in the T pose and their EVA causes models to bend in ways that make me think that Robert Griffin III was doing mocap for them and they want to actually model suit air flow?

:cripes:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tortolia posted:

They can't even prevent models from sticking in the T pose and their EVA causes models to bend in ways that make me think that Robert Griffin III was doing mocap for them and they want to actually model suit air flow?

:cripes:
I won't be satisfied until they do the full Krebs cycle in every bird and spaceman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_acid_cycle

And the Calvin cycle in all plants
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_cycle

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The code base is such a tremendous mess that touching one thing breaks ten other things. People have been posting that for at least six months, but now, with this latest update, it seems like it's accelerating. We may be crossing the line where the bugs become exponential, and it is impossible to add any new features or change anything.

Who the gently caress ok'd turning on "physicalized eva"? It just makes every bit of this game's jankyness look 10x worse. It looks like your dead body has been stuck in a space suit being remote controlled by a six year old.

XK fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 5, 2016

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Looks like they got enough money to cover their bandwidth for the 9 patch versions they released. Too bad a day like yesterday is only enough to cover 2/3 of their staff cost under normal conditions.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The game is a mess. You don't need to ragdoll onto the floor of a localized physics grid to know the only direction for this is down.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

G0RF posted:

quote:

"On the System Design side we’ve been specing out some high priority systems needed for PU. We finished work on the Oxygen, Breathing & Stamina system that will handle the mechanics for how the oxygen travels from the suit’s tank to the suit’s internal capacity, through the lungs and into the blood stream and how the levels of oxygen in the player’s blood affect his actions, and also what happens when he runs out of oxygen."

What.THE.FUUUUUUCK!? :bang:

I've never wanted to play this game but just reading their drivel makes me furious.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fargin Icehole posted:

They still don't have a patcher?
YODKAAGD.
The patcher is the last thing to get done, even after the gameplay. I mean, otherwise, how will the patcher know what to patch when everything is in constant flux?

Wafflz posted:

Just think of the possibilities.

"You can either mow the lawn or play star citizen"

Grass cut, dishes done, garbage taken out...
Aren't those kinds of threats of disproportional retribution and punishment of kids illegal or something? Should someone call CPS?

G0RF posted:

In other words, the oxygen meter will go from 100% to 0%. It will then drain the stamina meter. One that runs out, it'll drain the health meter. Some stuff will drain stamina, and it will recover when you don't do that stuff as long as the oxygen meter is above 0%. Or would that be too complex a system for StarEngine to manage?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

G0RF posted:

Reads like a Dwarf Fortress update.

Difference is when Toady1 tells you he's created genetic code to create proper beard length and color, you'll get to see the overly granular simulationism yourself some day.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

G0RF posted:

There's no way that isn't supposed to be a joke

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Somebody ask CIG if farting in a suit increases the pressure inside the suit, and whether it is possible for a commando to fart himself enough pressure for acute nitrogen narcosis. If not, where there gently caress is fidelity.

Wait. Let me check the symptoms...

quote:

10–30m

Mild impairment of performance of unpracticed tasks
Mildly impaired reasoning
Mild euphoria possible

30–50m

Delayed response to visual and auditory stimuli
Reasoning and immediate memory affected more than motor coordination
Calculation errors and wrong choices
Idea fixation
Over-confidence and sense of well-being
Laughter and loquacity (in chambers) which may be overcome by self-control
Anxiety (common in cold murky water)

50–70m

Sleepiness, impaired judgment, confusion
Hallucinations
Severe delay in response to signals, instructions and other stimuli
Occasional dizziness
Uncontrolled laughter, hysteria (in chamber)
Terror in some

70–90m

Poor concentration and mental confusion
Stupefaction with some decrease in dexterity and judgment
Loss of memory, increased excitability

90m

Hallucinations
Increased intensity of vision and hearing
Sense of impending blackout, euphoria, dizziness, levitation, manic or depressive states
Disorganization of the sense of time, changes in facial appearance
Unconsciousness, Death

My bad, it's been there all along.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Justin Tyme posted:

There's no way that isn't supposed to be a joke

"What the gently caress. This is awesome. I really appreciate CIG's philosophy of "start 110% sim, then scale it back until it's fun." This is nuts simulation, I love it."

lol...the comments in that reddit...my god.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Ash1138 posted:

Oh so he really was an idiot lurking for years who finally lost his nerve because he felt grief for Sandi and not a one-time troll?

I knew Fuzzy Modem like literally a decade ago on a different forum - just confirmed, same website and everything - and he was completely mental then, too. He was always really weird. He once created a thread where he basically bragged about cutting his dick open when loving his wife (it got caught on the edge of her panties or something).

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Milky Moor posted:

I knew Fuzzy Modem like literally a decade ago on a different forum - just confirmed, same website and everything - and he was completely mental then, too. He was always really weird. He once created a thread where he basically bragged about cutting his dick open when loving his wife (it got caught on the edge of her panties or something).

holy poo poo, he's the guy who wrote the Stimpire fanfiction!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
anyone got that pic of Derek doing the burn yo spaceship dance?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

"Honey I can't believe you flayed me!"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Welcome to the 'verse Milky

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But I have to ask. What in the everloving gently caress are the QA people actually doing at CIG?

Please have patience, the quality is currently being refactored. You clearly know nothing etc.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Jason Sextro posted:

holy poo poo, he's the guy who wrote the Stimpire fanfiction!

What is a Stimpire? it's the one SC thing I'm not getting as a thread lurker

Skellybones posted:

Welcome to the 'verse Milky

:getin:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Those are good stretch goals

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Milky Moor posted:

Oh boy

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

Someone will link it shortly but imagine if a teen aged pinhead from the hellraiser movies wrote star citizen fanfiction

Its so weird that the thread got deleted from their forums eventually and mentioning the word "stimpire" in CIG twitch chat is an instant ban now

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Skellybones posted:

glory to the fourth stimpire

Who the gently caress writes this and thinks anyone would ever want to read it, or have any kind of (virtual or real) interaction with this at all?

We're all on a watchlist now because of the fact that it's been posted a dozen times so far.

• Locked thread