Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Because it should be on every page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVuMMf-jyQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Imagine if the Wing Commander movie was ten hours long and you occasionally had to get out of your seat and walk/drive/fly to a different theatre to keep watching it.

Imagine wanting to do that.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

SquirrelGrip posted:

lol knowing what the gently caress you are going to build before you start doing it?

Clearly you don't understand visionary triple A game development m8

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Who will stand by CR the longest when the house of cards is finally falling, Sandi or Ben? Place you are bets!

peter gabriel posted:

Woman smiles as she sits in a car

ooh good one!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Agrajag posted:

Crobizzle and Sandi aren't working on this out of pocket. They are most likely getting paid way more than anyone else at CIG, aside from Ortwin. So in the end those three are guaranteed to walk away fabulously wealthier than with what they started with.

yeah I get that but I mean when the money stops rolling in and Sandi still isn't being cast as the babe in the next Bond movie

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Agrajag posted:

huaaa... what? :psyduck:

Well he's a backer and he's smart so anyone who isn't a backer isn't smart obviously duh

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Why is there a SC guitar pick? Why?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I have been laughing at Karls posts for a while but lately it's more disconcerting and worrying to see him post than funny.

Sure you're alright Karl? What's going on up in there?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

peter gabriel posted:

Is Derek not answering anyone else in the IRC?

He's not even picking up his phone :ohdear:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

What the absolute gently caress is going on? A blogs late and everyone's freaking the hell out.

:justpost::pcgaming::justpost:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Xaerael posted:

I'm the painted number 5 that pops up like I'm from an N64 game with bad draw distance.

I'm the neckbrace the pilot needs to not literally die from whiplash accelerating back and forth like that

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
It's cool you're making some chill posts now about burgers and stuff Derek, not all posts have to be blockbusting Crobizzle chopbusting infobombs.

A good chill post is just as good and sometimes even better!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

peter gabriel posted:

Gentlemen, behold - my PARP generator machine is ready and operational

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ph-h7l_aM

That's a really powerful :gary:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

ProTip for playing Star Citizen: KILL YOURSELF

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

spacetoaster posted:

So if you like PVP you will be punished with more PVP? lol

We can get someone a really bad reputation that gets the RP bounty hunter clubs after him. Then use that guy as bait and jump their sh*t when they attack him.

Keep in mind none of this will ever be in the "game" probably.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

you'll survive one less winter for every Benjamin J. Lesnick Memorial challenge

Just one less?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Derek is insane but in a funny way and he posted a haggis recipe which is a seriously big gun to pull out.

SC white knights going "well battlecruiser sucked and Derek is just jealous, I'm spending another XXX$ so THERE!" are also insane but more tragic than anything else. Which is also kind of funny in its own way.

It doesn't take a game developer, successful or no, to see what an absolute clusterfuck SC is and that it will never be anything resembling what's been promised. Put how many 'pre-'s you want in front of the alpha and it still doesn't change the fact that the game has a vision and only a vision - no direction or concrete mechanics beyond a super basic tech demo that even fails at being a tech demo because it isn't actually demoing any working tech.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Ap0calyps3 posted:

when it is released?

haha

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

If the AI is so revolutionary and responsive why don't any of the other NPCs help this poor guy? At least put a blanket on him or something.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm overthinking this. These things are so minor to implement it's not really a thing.

It's really easy duh, that's why games are fast, easy and cheap to develop and don't require frequent patches after release!

It's called Game Development and clearly you don't understand it unlike me!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In case anyone was wondering, you can indeed get banned for what you post off-site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to Sandi and Patrick for being so forthright and polite with me. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't see anything beyond an automated response, but then an anonymous CS rep helped me out, followed by Sandi herself, and then when Sandi couldn't provide the necessary information Patrick was kind enough to clarify.

I hope you guys find the attached conversation as enlightening as I did.

gently caress this company hahaha what the poo poo.

So Chris didn't want to sit up all night writing a coke-fueled rant in response? Then why did he do that instead of having some other representative just say "We categorically deny these allegations, no further comment."? If Sandi is so insanely brutally competent why didn't she advise that course of action?

Aaand there I just put more thought into what an appropriate response would be than they did.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Dapper Dan posted:

That furniture is seriously loving ugly.

And it's probably 1-3000$ a pop to boot.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

My brain has trouble parsing Cpt B'tak posts.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
They should use the physicalized ragdoll EVA but like boost the speed by a shitload, make you indestructible and do a rocket league rip-off with it. Would probably be more profitable than SQ42 plus maybe even doable? Maybe not for CIG but you know, someone might?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

D_Smart posted:

Define "gets it".

You are reading the same thread, right? That being the case, did you clearly - and conveniently - miss the part where they really thought I had actually straight up doxed a war vet?

Or the part where they actually thought the person behind the troll account was my nephew (Ricky. lol!!)? That despite the fact that I had blocked that person weeks ago because he's an annoying poo poo.

Or the part where, after reading about it here, it finally dawned on them that I had outed a troll account?

If you missed all the above clues, then sorry to say, you're just as clueless as they are.

It's called a reverse troll.

Thank you Uncle D for schooling everyone it was much needed and it is certainly not you missing the funny here nope.

• Locked thread