Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

Goo s are acting like they gifted spaceships to Derek so he could bring down the Grey market. LMFAO, do they actually think that is believable?

And the post just above this:

quote:

>Here's an interesting quote....

>>Face it, it's all lies, he bailed with our ships. I told you guys that gifting him our ships without knowing what the plan was to crash the grey market could only end like this but you greedy fuckers wouldn't stop nagging me. gently caress you, that's $1000 I'm out if he doesn't deliver.

>His plan is to get the GOONS to give him ships? For what? So he can make money off of them to use to fund LOD? So he can "crash" the market by making people fearful of giving him money for SC ships?

So yes, Reddit, to an idiot this japery clearly is believable. Since we're dealing with the kind of hardcore morons who hand over real money for jpegs in an obvious scam it is a fair bet that at least some of you cretins will believe anything.

Hey reddit archive this :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPPPPP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

This guy has given this some serious thought, new variants cuming soon.

:psyduck:

BOY I SURE HOPE I CAN HAVE A PARTY VARIANT OF MY FAVOURITE JPEG WITH DISCO BALLS AND RED LIGHTS FOR ALL THE CONSENTING ADULT SERVICES WHICH WILL BE TAKING PLACE.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sappo569 posted:

Go gentle on them, it's probably the only way they'll ever get invited to a party

They can google image search 'party' and print out a picture. As good as the real thing.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lodin posted:

Lol that any of you thought the blog would have any news. Derek has consistently shared anything he's able to before he writes up those diatribes ever since he started posting here.

also: :gary: PAAAAAAAAARRRP

Yes, this. It's not like they contained much info even before he showed up here, you had to dig through a lot of gumpf to find the occasional juicy nugget.

also also :gary: PAAAARRRRRPPPP

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Hadn't heard this before:

quote:

There is reportedly another shell company overseas that we’re now actively looking for, as sources have indicated that it supposedly contains a “nest egg” for the execs in the event that this whole thing goes South.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

the Orb of Zot posted:

...wait, the virtual ships that people have been buying don't even exist in the sense you can use them in the game? I thought the JPEG thing was a joke!

How do people keep tossing their money away on this?

Not just that, some people pay more for pictures of extra bits to go on the picture of their spaceship jpeg, and some stuff has been sold without even a picture to assist with the fantasy.

sincx posted:

And why is MadCatz still around?

Maybe not for much longer.

No great loss. They make broken garbage hardware.

Loiosh posted:

It's for MFDs (multi-function displays). It allows you to stay HOS (hands on stick) but still manipulate a cursor. In Star Citizen it'll get a similar use for radar display/target designation/EWACS. Supposedly the next preview will include the new GUI for multicrew ships, including the updated radar display.

Seems like it'd be way more fiddly than a ministick, and also potentially useless for thrusters, something which would be far more helpful in a "game" like Star Citizen. If they haven't put in some kind of thruster specific controls they've already made a HOTAS that's worse than the 20+ yr old design of the CH Throttle.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Oh good Seraph84 is back.

Before, your love of bitcoin and attraction to 15 year olds was a tragic joke, now that we know you are a literal child fucker any remaining funny is gone.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

...and Seraph is banned again.

A recap for anyone who missed this before:

Chocobo posted:

Did the news that Seraph84 literally raped an 11 year old relative multiple times ever make it to this thread? I feel like everyone should know that so that he doesn't come back again.

theultimo posted:

Filtered due to identity protection but

Sexual Conduct-2nd: Actor >17 Two Or More Acts On Child < 13  Victim Sex/Age Female, 11 Years Relationship to Victim Non-Stranger Probation: 10 Year(s) 

Come back Krazy Karl, all is forgiven.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

For a group of people seemingly so convinced of the superiority of their game of jpegs and dreams, the Star Citizen faithful sure do spend a lot of time worrying about what the good Dr Smart is doing. One might see that as a sign of a lack of confidence in their Lord and Saviour Christ Robbers.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

I humbly disagree.

Probated in life, probated on the forum.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

LCL-Dead posted:

Cat is not happy with my refusal to hand over the ham.
Dog is upset that he cannot sit on my knee as well.

Has your cat not learnt the trick of placing themselves between you and the food so that you are shocked by the sudden appearance of their crusty buttonhole in your face giving them an opportunity to steal something.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Berious posted:

This thread took a dark turn

This will brighten things up

:gary: :yarg:

PAAARRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPP

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Cactus posted:

How come none of the images at the start of this thread work? It's only been a few days.

Crybaby redditors got so butthurt over jpegs and gifs mocking their jpegs that they created a bot to auto-report them. This backfired when it took down a bunch of their images too. They have rewritten the narrative however so the story now is that it was a goon created bot made to harrass the poor innocent redditors.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Takes some big loving balls to show off the fancy pants office you're building using crowd sourced cash when you've got close to gently caress all in the way of an actual game after 4 years of work.

They're a shower of cunts but I like that they've realised they can do basically whatever the gently caress they want at this point and the faithful will lap it up.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Wow. CIG finally got back to me after more than a month. Apparently the "refund is in the queue and will be processed as soon as we can."

Lets see if they can beat the bank's chargeback.

There's a queue for refunds?

comatose posted:

Citizens:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

This IS the fiscally responsible set-up that we should hope they make, I can't understand what it is that you're upset about.

Reddit diving right in with the common sense opinions as usual.

ideate posted:

The sweatshirts were from china, and were all 'womens' - Zipper on the other side.

As close as a typical Star Citizen backer will get to a woman without a restraining order being involved.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

quote:

Do you think maybe you could start showing us some clips that are in the game and less than a year old? Or, release the game? That would also be acceptable.

Why are you so angry at this game? I realize everything isn't always all bleeding edge, and there are occasional missteps, but everything you say about the game is just angry and mean, like you don't like it or the devs at all.

I mean, I'm a pretty far cry from a white knight and have been dos voted more than once on my opinion of some features, etc. of the game, but you're coming off legitimately hateful.

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong and you've been having a really bad day/month/year or something, I dunno. Whatever it is, I hope you find the thing to make you happy.

From the thread discussing that escape pod video.

Asking to see some actual new footage of the game that's taken $94m and four years?! WHY DO YOU HATE CROBERTS SO?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

I like Star Citizen now, I like everything about it, you guys can ask me anything and as a Star Citizen backer and fan I will answer honestly.

What's your favourite level?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ladders is good but it's a letdown after the highs of Wonky Buggy Smash-Smash.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Shitizens are going to kick off big time about this.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Maybe next you could do a podcast with noted bitcoin billionaire and literal kiddy fiddler Seraph84.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Warcabbit posted:

PS: Forever War is a single book, not a series, man.

Forever Free is a direct sequel. Forever Peace is a spin off in the same universe. It's not great overall but does some interesting speculation on the future of warfare.

More Joe Haldeman talk - check out Tool of the Trade. Not his best or best known work but it's a fun, quirky little book and only a short read.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ZenMaster posted:

Also, following for a while but I missed the origin of Sandi and the hairy nethers and the wheelchair reference. Help me out?

Escapist alleged Sandi turned down a potential hire because she looked like she didn't shave her chuff.

Wheelchair was a DSmart classic. He was discussing a guy talking poo poo about him online and all the trouble he'd be in if :woof: got involved, and posted a pic of the guy with the comment "that's him in the wheelchair".

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 11, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Loiosh posted:

I like comparing development to other games that have gone through major revisions in their own histories for comparison, which is why I mentioned Halo, Destiny and AC as examples of games that have had major revisions during their development. (One fundamental engine redesign with a complete art and asset scrap, one a complete story and MP redesign, and one a full art and asset scrap)

But those were made by people with a recent track record of finished products, not a washed up Hollywood wannabe who hasn't made a game for over a decade because he badly mismanaged his last project in a way that's so eerily familiar it's still amazing to me that so many people think jpegs of the sun shine out his arse.

You keep saying that we're just seeing these things because it's such an open development but...that's bollocks. CIG has the pretense of being open (and fair play it's another good bit of marketing) yet they are very careful about what they show and everything of substance we've seen that isn't playable has yet to be proven to be anything more than smoke and mirrors. Croberts stands on stage waving a script the size of a phone book then plays a video of constipated Gary Oldman and nobody questions where the actual core of the game is. If it's not related to making money now it's all just a big question mark.

Revealing the inner workings of game development is not anything unique in the era of the Kickstarter project. Difference being other games have a clear direction resulting in tangible progress. After 4 years and however many millions of dollars all Star Citizen has is a terrible arena shooter and a 3d chat room that looks like it was slapped together by scifi fans in Second Life. Oh, and glitchy buggies, arguably its strongest feature.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Dunite posted:

I just realized that all of this time that Seraph has been called a pedophile, he has not once denied or admitted that he did something wrong.

Correct me if he did.

My point being is he clearly is a crazy person that would abuse a child if you left him in a room alone. And maybe some jpegs too.

Which brings me to another point, why does he have internet access?

He has denied it. It's up to you whether to believe the guy who has openly and frequently expressed his strong opinions about age of consent and the courting of underage girls on these very forums when he says he didn't molest that 11 yr old.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 11, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

No, that's their return. Their accounts remain overdue. You can view the return for free on companies house: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Amazing. Octopode is actually defending the broken wrist excuse. Dude, telling us that they only have a handful of coders to make this enormously complex and ambitious game does nothing to counter the view that CIG is incompetent and this project doomed. Quite the opposite in fact.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Bad news. Croberts' dealer accidentally brutally cut off his own head while combing his hair and now all work has stopped until he gets a new hook up.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Guys we should stop making fun of the broken wrist thing. Wanker's whiplash is a very real problem. It's lonely in the 'verse :(

CrazyTolradi posted:

CIG should headhunt Octopode, he's like 3 employees in one. And they can use him for PR too, it's not like you'd notice the difference between him and their current PR team.

But what if he broke his arm or stubbed his toe? Think of the delays.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Loiosh posted:

One of my pet peeves is bad capture setups. As someone with a nice if messy setup: http://chattypics.com/viewer.php?file=Studio15JPG_vqefw2grl1.jpg - The inability to get good footage is a problem. They actually did show some footage from the master build of the new Connie in a test location, but their capture rig for some reason was at under 15 FPS on capturing. The really odd thing is in the video you can see that the actual display is at least at 30 FPS-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWmrP7DTE04&t=27m08s but when captured it's much slower.

They're spending some thousands of dollars on mocap gear, but are unable to capture decent in game footage. This is fine, everything is going well.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

G0RF posted:

quote:

Lead devs are significant but CIG is a team of nearly 300. So they can easily pull (sic) resources..."

So lead devs are important and one of them breaking his wrists is a problem but also they have nearly 300 people and lots of resources so it's not a problem.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ShredsYouSay posted:

Does anyone still like the original Deus Ex? :corsair:

Best game ever.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Derek if you're gonna post the ship sale names make sure they're hashed properly this time. Otherwise CIG will be forced to sell the POTATO again.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Wuxi posted:

Is that a thing that really happened? :psyduck:

Derek spoiled the name of the ship they were gonna sell at that stupid Citizencon thing, but he did it quite early so they had time to change it. Unfortunately they forget to swap the placeholder text with the actual name so it just said POTATO.

I should clarify there was no proof that the name he revealed was right but it was an odd coincidence that the ship name ended up being POTATO for a while. Certainly seemed like he made them panic a little and they hosed up in an amusing manner.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

D_Smart posted:

only one grocery store (Publix) sometimes has it in their "Ethnic Foods" section.

Salad cream an ethnic food...

Forget about that crap. Get some Branston pickle and pair with a thick slice of ham and some good cheddar in between fresh bread.

Also Derek I fixed your funny typo, you are welcome.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

D_Smart posted:

ps: Stout. Never touched the stuff. Like never - ever - never. It's the most vile thing ever.

Woah now, you're missing out. Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout, Wiper and True Milk Shake and To Øl By Udder Means are the nectar of the Gods.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Rad Russian posted:

Very good point and why I stopped using PayPal for any purchases over $50. Unless you're using some sketchy debit card you want to protect behind PayPal, always pay directly with credit card. Always. Especially if you own some premium ones (AMEX, Chase Sapphire etc.) they pretty much have no questions asked instant chargeback to your account after which the vendor has to PROVE beyond all reasonable doubt that they delivered and to 100% of my satisfaction. I've never had a chargeback go back to vendor yet.

In fact CCs almost always override dumb "no returns" or "30 day return only" policies and make those invalid.

In the UK any purchase of £100 - £30,000 on a credit card falls under the 'Section 75' rules, which means the credit card company has the same responsibilities as the retailer if something goes wrong. It's very strong protection against shenanigans, and is a good reason why it's worth having a card for big purchases even if you don't need the line of credit.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/JMasker_CIG

Hasn't been posted, they left his citizen profile, must have learnt we can spot when they disappear.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5278536/#Comment_5278536

:toot: Last post.

Well it doesn't sound like he did anything important. It's fine. Everything is ok. This is normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Why does the ship appear to be using a warp drive or otherwise moving very fast in the forward direction but also firing thrusters on top?

D_Smart posted:

Oh wow. I have quite a few; most of them are silly Kung-Fu movies :)

But right off the top of my head, Armageddon, all the Bourne movies, John Wick, most of the Bond movies, all the Taken movies etc

Derek what are your favourite TV shows?

If you like silly action movies you should watch Banshee. It has ultraviolent fight scenes with Amish gangsters. And lots of boobies. It rules.

• Locked thread