Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009
I guess you can claim as much stuff is in 2.0 as you want as long as you also say it is far enough away that it takes more than 5 minutes to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009
Maybe if you are one of the top 100 whales you can fill in for the bouncer and personally refuse entrance to the 99%.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

quote:

[–]FrozenIcemanColonel 0 pontos 14 minutes ago
Also here are the forums rules that he quoted as well
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ilities-updated
Possible rule violations that OP is dancing around.
1, 3, and 11
Regardless how you look at it though, the original guys are griefing, sure there are no downside for the pilots that are shot down, but there are no downsides for the ones doing the shooting either. There are no in system police going to shoot them up, there is no affiliation hit locking them out of known space.
By Op's own admission (and the audio of their team mates talking) they did it for the Lol's, this is most definitely not in the spirit of the test the game until it breaks aspect of the PTU.
This is not Eve, Eve is about trading goods with a side quest of harvesting N00b tears. The game is being designed for a more casual demographic.

The best part is that if they are referring to this video still (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPNCgX2FYnM) the victim doesn't seem to be nearly as upset about the incident as all these idiots

quote:

Daedalus29 6 days ago
OMG that was me! I Knew nothing about that, just trying to connect to a game for like 3 hours and finally fly it! Well, I was alone, no chance against a organised group. But next time buddies, I will bring my squad! Fear my thirst of revenge! The bad thing is that my character clipped and died all over again after that.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

To take advantage of multi-core CPUs and minimize head bob, put these settings in a user.cfg file and put it in the \Star Citizen\Public directory.

ai_NavigationSystemMT = 1
e_ParticlesThread = 1
e_StatObjMergeUseThread = 1
gfx_loadtimethread = 1
p_num_threads = 1
sys_job_system_enable = 0
sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_physics_CPU = 1
sys_streaming_CPU = 2
; These are Blur & annoying Visual Settings - Turned Off Here but they are normally Set to 1 by Default. I really dislike Blur, Bloom, HeadBob and colour bleeds in game so I set them all to 0.
r_MotionBlur = 0
r_DepthOfField = 0
r_ShadowBlur = 0
g_radialBlur = 0
r_HDRBrightLevel = 0
r_HDRBloomRatio = 0
hud_bobHud = 0
r_ChromaticAberration = 0

You need to add a random fake key/vale, that way when CIG decides to push out a patch with your settings we can all have a good laugh.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I think it's a pretty bad sign that the advertised updates for Alpha 2.1 are mostly minor features that could probably be slipped into patch updates without getting much attention (besides the whale jerk-off chamber).

At least one of the bullet points for 2.1 is "FPS P4ARP polish". Polishing your PAAARRPP until it gleams is always a good idea and I approve.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

earth is actually procedurally generated

with the algorithms of physics

blew you're mind

Don't put the idea in the chairman's head. He'll insist that our computer run a full simulation starting from the big bang before rendering each planet to ensure realism.

Also, what happened to the pending Dr. Smart blog, it appears to have been removed http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/12/star-citizen-the-hundred-million-dollar-lie/

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I thought about how to solve that in these sorts of games, and did come up with an interesting idea: Make the bounty not set by the player, but rather, a calculation of about half the ship they are in current's worth; balanced so it always costs far more to repair & replace parts than to collect the bounty.

Would result in some decent bounties, and I can't think it'd be nearly as exploitable. Obviously SC isn't talking about a system like that, just something I've theory crafted.

I think eve was implementing something similar, where you only got paid out a portion of the bounty based on the ship destroyed and the remainder was still on the persons head (to prevent them from getting blown up in a cheap ship to remove the bounty)

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But then Sandi sent this:

Didn't she at one point ask you if was OK for her to share your E-mail chain with others. Couldn't that be construded as approval for you to do the same.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No, I asked her and she didn't respond for six days. So I told her that six days was more than enough time to wait and posted everything.

EDIT: Actually I told Patrick, since he had responded in that e-mail for me.

My bad, apparently I read through the imgur version too quickly while at work and got it confused.

Wow that was amazing, I admitted I was wrong about something and survived. I'm well on my way to being prepared for the surprise release of the BDSSGE and having to admit I was wrong about that too.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

"we are confident in letting everyone know 2.1.0 won't go to Live this week."

great that they're confident in their ability to not deliver

guess they've had lots of practice

No, they will proceed to release it tomorrow.

They have a tradition of being wrong on all dates concerning releases to maintain after all.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

I can't wait to see how convoluted they'll over design the character customization tool Whrring noises, crippling animations, fake 3d holotable type poo poo, etc. And then watch it get eaten up by the masses.

It will be a holo-table where you manipulate the DNA of your heir. Then once you die you see what they look like (after waiting the requisite 18 years of course). *Immersion*

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009
Matilda talks like Croberts wife is some innocent stay at home mom that was dragged into an argument about her husbands work. She works at CIG (as a VP no less)!

The stuff written about Sandi is because of what she does and says. She'd be getting similar levels of poo poo if she wasn't Croberts wife (well assuming she somehow got the job and kept it).

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009
Need to incorporate ben or stretched out gary face into this, or maybe change bacon into parrrpp gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYUZB7ljI1A&feature=youtu.be&t=92

Shameless download links:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycroft.porkchophero&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pork-chop-hero/id710665903

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Derek should narrate

...maybe that's what he's doing :confused:

With how long it has taken him to do the audio for Bootcha that could take even longer than SC development.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I live in Maryland and gently caress you. Crab cakes are delicious.

I live in Maryland and I agree. He has obviously never been to Timbuktu, G&M, or somewhere you can get a good crab cake. Also crab dip is awesome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Just got my Lexip Professional 3d Mouse from Amazon today. I had to pay about $20 in import taxes which sucked. Mouse, cross-pond shipping and taxes now cost me a total of $100.

For those who missed the thread's earlier Human Interface Device adventures, the Lexip Professional 3d Mouse is a mouse which sports a gamepad-style thumbstick

And also can be "tilted" to allow for another two axes of control:

It's primarily intended for 3d graphics applications such as CAD and 3dsMAX and what not, but seems to have captured some Citizens' attention due to its potential for controlling spacey boats.

First impressions:

Actually, I'm pretty impressed. The drivers work well and allow for application specific configuration. Presets are available for many applications too: in Chrome for instance, the preset config is thumbstick as real smooth up/down scroll when stick is moved forward/back, and tab switch when moved up/down. The deadzone is configurable of course. Mouse movement is buttery smooth with config available for 800-3200 DPI. I haven't found any use for the tilt axes yet, but I'd wager they could come of use for orientation or rotation in 3d work, when you've mapped the thumbstick to other stuff.

On the minus side, the right and left mouse buttons end about 1cm before the mouse does - using this with hands much larger than mine wouldn't necessarily be very fun. The forward/back buttons need to be pressed a bit too far to register as input, which feels a bit odd. Also, the thumbstick can be pressed for yet another button-style input, but it needs to be pressed pretty hard which makes me skeptical any user actually found a use for it - not really a minus though, as the function can be safely ignored.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my purchase thus far, and so will keep it and not sell it to any Arena Commander aficionado. It has some kinks that I'd love to see worked out - since this is Lexip's first offering though, I'm confident they will continue to develop awesome mice and win the Citizen community by storm!

...that is, if they weren't a small french startup that ended up bankrupt years ago. As far as I can google, no other mouse quite like it is out there - for those interested, the Lexip Professional 3d Mouse is available on Amazon for $50 plus shipping. Order while unsold stock remains!
Way behind so sorry if it has been asked. Do you play elite, I wonder how the mouse tilt would work for for roll/yaw (whichever you don't have bound to mouse x). Seems like a good fit.

• Locked thread