Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010
Battlecruiser? More like Battleloser heh, amirite? ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010
So I decided to start a competitor to SC, to be the bestest drat space sim game in die welt (BDSSGIDW)

I've currently have the first ship as a backer reward for everyone who wants to invest with no return, uh, I mean donate

You can visit my patreon at:

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

quote:

"Innovation"

Yeah, well, by SC standards, I guess a knock-off with less features counts as an innovation? Sure, why not?

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

What is it with these people and the nicknames? Derek Smalls, Goonies (tm), are they this lame when they speak in real life?

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And probably know more about the topic then stumbling through, "And I think we actually um... implemented, like, new visas and stuff." Was her thesis on the effects of these changes on international marketing? no, because she didn't do a thesis.

If you were going to lie about a masters degree why not just say it was a masters by coursework, and not research?

Because she doesn't know that is an option, because she never went to grad school

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

WebDog posted:

it's a headache trying to distil all this but I get the impression the advice of "You're not cut out for a PhD" was really her lecturers giving her a warning that she wasn't that crash hot in the first place and shouldn't take on an intensive course which she would have failed and added thousands to her university debt.
Her bachelor in science means at best she would be a researcher in a lab, processing data coming in from the field. She might get some on site work (scuba diving isn't that hard to get) but it's not swimming amongst the whales like you're bloody Ocean Girl.

She's also mistaking a business degree with an MBA. Much of what she is going on about looks more like she read the course overview on a website - you study international business, not do a thesis on that topic. If you did it would be a very narrow topic related to international study : how to better use technology for international meetings, or something like that.

Scholarships are really only awarded if your grade average across the board is either credit or distinction. You also have to apply for it under very tight rules and keep that level of achievement up during the scholarship. An "offer" in her book might have had simply been a letter saying "do you want to apply for this scholarship, go here and take a test".
She's pushing a lot of ordinary into special snowflake territory.

Her dean's merit letter alludes to her trying to start out in the medical field in a different university, but she didn't finish. Also she has no thesis listed in the archives of where she went to study marine biology.
I get a "too cool for school" vibe from her which suggests she's struggled with keeping afloat in class and if she did any studies beyond her science Bachelor, she likely dropped out growing bored - or basically thinking a career as an actress was a faster path to success.

So around 2003, she tried to get into acting, mostly working as a model bouncing between Sydney and LA as far as her visa allowed, which gave a nice shine to the image of being a glamorous globe trotting model. Then picking a copmany name from the top of the list gets job as an intern for Ascendant Pictures around 200/5..

Despite working amongst a reasonably active production company she didn't manage to score any roles on any of the features they make so therein lies the curious question of how an intern gets her hooks into a failed producer who wants to relive his glory as a game developer wunderkind from 1992 twenty years on.

I suspect Roberts must have been feeling pretty sore after the collapse so anyone who is around to lavish praises on him likely wins his heart. Just Sandi clearly sees an opportunity that she never had before and takes it with relish growing from cheerleader into cheer-leech.

Is this a professional threat assessment? I just wanna be clear

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Whatever he does, he's hosed, and will piss off genuine members of the community. And he's digging a bigger and bigger hole for himself :)

Also don't forget this option:

4) The 4am ego-centric coke-inspired response that seemed like a great idea at the time.

That's the one I'm hoping for, really wanna hear that coke-rant

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Hello I saw your post and realized i had taken a picture a while ago to post in GWS.

Yuck, this is an insult to Korean food. Why is all your banchan on one plate? Also, what are you doing with gochujjang on the side? Dipping things in it? Double yuck.

Get thee some ssamjjang instead.

Also, odeng, is literally fish bologna. I still like it though.

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

EightAce posted:

Dont know where 10 hours is from ? He has shot far, far more than that and is still shooting bits. Its beyond belief bad. Not 'Ed Wood , its a product of its time and has a certain charm' bad , but really loving bad.
Imagine that you are about 12 and have just watched Starship troopers and you have viewed it in a truly un ironic way. You think the dialogue is bad rear end and the uniforms and one liners are so so cool. You cant imagine in your young mind how anyone could design anything that good, or even how SFX can progress anymore.
Now imagine a group of people give you more money than you can possibly imagine and tell you to go and make your very own Starship troopers. You go and get Luke Skywalker and that lady off the xfiles that makes you feel funny down there and then you get some like minded friends who all think you are great to build some spaceships and stuff. Some people start moaning that this isn't what they have given you money for but you totally ignore them, wait until they see what you have been up to, they will all see, all of them .........

C'mon you apes! You wanna live forever?!

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

Tippis posted:

Like a space musket.
CRobber got fed up with the complaints that it's just WWII in space, so he decided it should be the Napoleonic Wars in space instead.

I would actually probably maybe play a game with that setting

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

G0RF posted:

Truly, CIG's customer service is incredible.

Wow- they moved heaven and earth to help this guy!

Yeah they really did him a solid finding that last jpeg in the backroom for him

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

Thanks Crobummer!

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

alphabettitouretti posted:

lol one jpeg left in stock better move fast.

Fallout 4 has a laser musket and it is the best gun.

Laser muskets were fun and satisfying to use, I modded mine to 6-crank, so it was like a laser bazooka, good times

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

AP posted:

They backed down, likely because we were talking about it, Derek Smart learnt about it. Pushing it would likely have resulted in zero additional money plus a whale and his friend losing faith and maybe losing more money though chargebacks/refunds.

I love the idea that it took them ages to figure out what hundreds of people were doing in 2013 by LTI laundering, mind you it's possible it's true as the CIG community staff is all new and gifting/melting/buying with credit to get LTI, regifting was dumb as hell even by normal Star Citizen standards of dumb.

Whew, that guy really dodged a bullet on that one, CIG is completely within their rights to charge him for another person's chargeback

Hey! He knew the risks when he donated and received a jpeg as a thank you gift!

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

LuiCypher posted:

Croobie's JPEG Shack: Home of the Dick Pic

Spacepegs piled million mile high

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

Tippis posted:

I'm going to do something outrageous and give an actual reasonable explanation for something Sandi says… :stare:

The kind of person who'd say that is an actor.

You know those “actor boot camps” that have become popular since (roughly) the turn of the century? Where they take absolute goofs and teach them how to, say, hold a gun or move around a corner without looking like a goof (at least on the 8th take). Same thing here, but for kicking someone in the nuts or just striking a pose.

e:f;b, of course…

I'd like to build upon this speculation, so Sandi draws an (inflated) salary from CIG, which she then uses a portion of to purchase 'martial-arts for actors' courses as a personal hobby?

Lol, nah, this training is for her upcoming mocap fight scenes in SQ42:2 The Squadining, and all paid for directly from CIG coffers (backer's 'donated' money).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My wife just laughs when I tell her the latest insanity for SC.

When I try to explain SC insanity to my fiance shes just says 'don't currr' and walks away :(

• Locked thread