Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

local physhits grid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Does he not know that there are multiple groups of Goons?

no we're all derek smart parachute accounts

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol B-actress?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Press 'F' to rape.

will there be a separate bind for yiff?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

:gary::gizz:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

holy gently caress ben got FAT

yeah well that explains the massive dunkin donuts expenses

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

final episode: MEAT the cig devs with your host Ben Lesnick

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

pftc posted:

Caption this

White Knight Rider

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

What other good game quotes could be Star Citizened?

Crowdfunding has changed. It's no longer about nostalgia, new ideas or fun games. It's an endless series of stretch goals, promised by liars and the naive. Crowdfunding, and its consumption of money, has become a well-oiled machine. Crowdfunding has changed. ID tagged backers carry ID tagged jpegs, use ID tagged coffee mugs. Autisms inside their bodies enhance and deregulate their reddit posting. Information control. Emotion control. Downvote control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Crowdfunding has changed. The age of PC gaming has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from publishers of mass destruction. And he who controls the archiving, controls history. Crowdfunding has changed. When the subreddit is under total control, denial... becomes routine.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

just how sandi prefers it, keeping black on black

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hmmm I can't say this jpg has convinced me to invest.

how about to ingest?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

adorbs

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol i don't think anyone at cig has even the foggiest of ideas about how close to completion the project is in any aspect

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

artist: "ok got this claymore mine model done, slap another 1% on the completion ticker!"
croberts: "nope don't like it at all, redo everything"
*rips like 3 sheets off ticker*
*rolls them ujp to snort coke*

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

A Neurotic Jew posted:

what is your involvement with the computer game star citizen?

legal consultant

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

A Neurotic Jew posted:

My evidence for the fact that CIG does not know how long it will take to program Star Citizen:

They repeatedly state they don't know how long it will take to debug Alpha 2.0.

They refuse to give release dates.

Everything they've ever put a release date on has been delayed.

OK your turn.

look it's super easy,just use youre brane

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

Chris Roberts Autobiography

Page 341

"Yeah and that's when we really knew the backers had gone full retard.
They were, and I'm not making this poo poo up, they were giving familiar little nicknames to jpegs of ships that didn't exist, like they were familiar with them, or they used them daily or something.
That's when the penny really dropped, these were not rational people. We'd heard about the PDFs these crazy fuckers were making, user manuals [laughs] - again, not making this up, loving user manuals for jpegs. Crazy.
You have to understand, those were different times, Kickstarter allowed any old rear end in a top hat to fleece nerds with no come back. If you sat down now and told someone with a straight face that you could just post on a web site promising all kinds of insane bullshit and folk would simply throw cash at you, unquestioned, well. They'd think you were mad."

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

1500 posted:

Actually ED is 128-bit SIMD, and its maps are much larger then AC 2.0.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5902&page=45&p=564346#post564346

yeah not correct, these are operations performed on vectors of 32 or 64 bit values simultaneously for speed gains

there is no hardware support in x86 for quad precision math

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

1500 posted:

So the question then becomes, why can't SC create maps of that size, because CIG have already stated their map size, and the size of their universe. If they could create full scale maps, I expect they would.

probably cause they suck and are bad

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

p gabs are you going to play some epic space games 2.0 and make a moving picture of it for us??

i want to :eyepop: at some jaw dropping fidelity in space, save :frogsiren::pcgaming::frogsiren:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

Hypothetically speaking, what would the largest possible map sizes look like with quad precision? Millions of lightyears?

well it depends on the accuracy you need between values, but say you wanted 0.0005 (half-thousandths) and you had a big ol' single space with quad precision coordinates, the largest value you could have with that accuracy is:

which if we treat that as meters, is equal to just slightly more than 535,963,096,677,217 light years

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

:eyepop:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

You can >> Use a mans rear end if you kill him?
What kind of game is this?

star citizen my friend

the inevitable consequences of piracy!!!

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

I kept asking why it was so bad then he started talking at the camera and started going red and then banned me but I had sound off so it was just a man going red to me, I loved that

dude he was progressing into his final form, you were quite lucky!

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I bet the 1 point was from Karl

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Alexander DeLarge posted:

which I suspect will be fixed in a week or two

my guess is two

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Do we know when we're going to see the economic systems? Because that's really what I'm interested in, and most worried about. Since all the major "cornerstones" of gameplay are implemented, the economy is their biggest chance of loving up really, really bad.

I wouldn't worry about it honestly, there's pretty much 0% chance of them loving up anything.

All the gameplay systems are done and implemented with flawless precision, like 95% of the art content is done and will be put in the game within the next 2 weeks, plus the final handful of bugs will be smashed in those 2 weeks as well.

We're looking at full scale epic release by the end of the year and the backer investment will start paying out immediately, this will win goty for sure, top the steam sales charts and be swarming with eager players on day 1.

I'm predicting we'll be able to use our immense branes to game the economy and market some trumped up ship details to all these newbs, make some sick bank and then just never deliver anything to them :roflolmao:

See you in the 'Verse buddy! :hfive:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

dude all that poo poo is trivial why are you even worrying about it

what really gets me sweating though is wondering if they're going to gently caress up the drink serving minigame

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Toops posted:

EXACTLY. It's a feature-poor tech-demo. Tribes jet-packs and the general speed of gameplay were actually ground-breaking. Not this re-hashed vanilla space-floaty pew we got here.

(True fact: I actually worked on Tribes back in the olden days, before I knew better than to work in the gaming industry)

aw that's cool, I loved tribes

it truly was a groundbreaking game

star citizen is doing nothing really new so lol at the people that think it's some sort of amazing feat never before attempted, right now it's a really lovely version of Operation Flashpoint with no land, horrible vehicles and like 1% of the total content

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lolllll

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i don't understand... why isn't the rover clipping/falling through the ship and the planet?

is this one of these low-fidelity games i've heard about?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

quote:

In short, the technical demands of Chris Roberts' Wing Commander games, and the quality and innovation of them, pushed me into the most financially rewarding and probably most intellectually rewarding career path of my life.

Now in 2013, I can't afford even the most basic subscription to Star Citizen/Squadron 42

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Eonwe posted:

I jack it to wing commander and I edge all the way till they push burning wreckage off the flight desk then I brick all over the monitor onto the face of that guy who was also on Scooby doo and without a paddle

cant wait to shoot some glue from my wick with you in space

see you in the 'verse friend

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea, let the tail gunner have more countermeasures options / shield control and you are basically set for a 3 person ship. Anyone else can just be a passenger and shut up. Or shoot their guns out of a space porthole lol

literally Tribes lol

they're doing something that's never been done before guys!!

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

mission accomplished, ship it live, $100 million for 8 text logs, greatest alpha in the history of gaming

we did it!!!

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i would click a thousand goatses before ever clicking this my friend

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

so probably after breakfast tomorrow I'll check it out

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Sarsapariller posted:

How about "You as a company cannot sell a digital product without a specified release date and if you completely loving fail to hit that release date everyone can get a refund in no more than a week." We're not talking like, big daddy government here. We're talking basic consumer protections.

Or, in keeping with the article, "Do not stalk people and cultivate addictive behavior by accumulating their personal information and using it to target ads at them." I mean I can't believe that's not already illegal.

just make it all illegal

no presales, no crowdfunding, no microtransactions

if a project needs money, it will have to use normal investor channels. if you want to help projects become reality, you will have to become an actual investor.

you know, just how it was not that long ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Hav posted:

Yes. Money is always a great indicator of wisdom. Vote Trump!

the point is that there are a lot of systems and regulations in place for the traditional investment process

• Locked thread