Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Trying to install Steam Link and Hyper Light Drifter on my ATV 4K and the download button is just a spinning throbber. I was able to install Plex last night, anyone else having issues with the App Store?

Edit:
Logout and restart fixed it! Now I have an extra Apple TV listed in my phone remote so that sucks.

tuyop fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh god I’ve got that problem where the ATV shows up twice in the control center-based remote on my iPhone, but not in remote.app. Only one of the ATV’s listed is the correct one, the other just times out connecting.

How can I get rid of the wrong one? Or even all of them and then just start over?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Anyone else using a Harmony 650 on their ATV? Can’t get mine to reliably sleep/wake using the activity and all off buttons.

Looks like it fires up with the TV despite being told not to listen to the tv, then gets toggled off by the following wake command.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

American McGay posted:

Sharing wifi with your neighbors seems destined for disaster. Whoever pays for the internet should banish the other to the guest network.

Counterpoint: this is really good and cool but you should really restrict access with a firewall between their IP range and yours or a VLAN or something.

The guest network is also good but I’d be worried about how well their ATV would work on that.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Social Animal posted:

I really hope the new Apple TV has parity with my physical Steam Link so I can finally dump it. The app on my XS runs perfectly but my current HD Apple TV has just enough latency that it’s not usable for me.

The 4K runs extremely well over gigabit Ethernet so the new one should be great.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dugong posted:

Hey thread, just got a new (and my first) Apple TV. It’s pretty cool! Is there a way to change the sound control buttons from controlling my tv’s built in speakers to my separate amp?

On mine this is a setting in the tv, not the ATV.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

I lost an Airpod Pro during a snowball fight last year :(

Sucks, my friend lost an airpod in the snow a few years back and was amazed that we could ping it with her Find My. Heard it and found it pretty quickly.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Comply tips helped the wiggle a lot for me. Still can’t really eat with mine in my right ear because of TMJ cracking tho

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

ATV 4K (new one) and iPad Air 2/iPhone 13 Pro all on 15.1

Anyone having issues with screen mirroring being a stuttering mess? I was trying to mirror a NFL game to my TV yesterday and it would play smoothly on my iPad and phone, but the mirrored screen on the ATV was jittery garbage.

This is almost always interference in my experience. Try moving the atv and devices to a different room to troubleshoot that

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Re: YouTube. I’m trying to avoid ads playing on my fake fireplace.

Mahoning posted:

Or there are plenty of fireplace options on Netflix, if you already have a Netflix account.

Yeah the problem is they’re only an hour and can’t be looped :(

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

I'd love to use some other podcast app if a) it would sync with my phone and computer so I can, I don't know, listen to a series of podcasts in broadcast order, like I imagine human beings might, regardless of whether I am in my car or using the TV in my garage gym, and b) it existed

Do you like, want a list of the three or four apps that do exactly that or something?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wait do you need one with a tv app specifically? Like airplay from iOS and a webapp or app on your computer is no good?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

trilljester posted:

OK, I'm going crazy or something, but is there a way to Love a song on Apple Music on the Apple TV app? When I start a song, I can briefly see the interface to allow me to do so, but how do I do it when the song is playing? I tried pressing up, down but nothing is showing.

Yeah press the menu or back button, that gives you the whole track interface view.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Incredible that we’ve come full circle in just 15 years back to what made streaming apps attractive in the first place.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

Two issues cropping up on the Apple TV4K I have this week: one, it recognizes my iPhone’s Remote app but won’t let me move the cursor with the touchpad (only ‘click’/go back/back to main/press play, etc)

Yes I have this issue too. Nothing restores the touch part of the app except restarting my loving phone. Sucks extra because my ATV is used and didn’t include a remote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

eightysixed posted:

You can have mine with a remote for the cost of shipping and like 5bux because traffic is terrible here, a fiver for a 45 minute round trip drive sounds reasonable.
It’s not 4K though.

I do live in Canada but as long as this comes out as less than like 80 Canadian dollars then it’s a cheap remote! PMing