Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
64 seems a pretty tall order to fill up for this generation.

By the time massive games and apps are becoming available, we'll be ordering the next gen.

So, probably not essential for the 99%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

OldSenileGuy posted:

Can I return my ATV ordered from apple.com in an Apple Store? Or do I have to ship it back?

You'll need to call the Online Store, they'll provide you with a return number.

Your account won't get credited until the item gets back to the hub, though so ~1week

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Yes, sorry to expand the return number that the Online store gives you is what you quote to the retail store, they'll get you to sign some paperwork, and you're off.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Well it arrived.

Setup was easy enough, except it refused to see my 6S and copy across details. That was weird.

It's nice and fluid, but the Siri commands need some work. 'Show me movies that scored above 90% on rotten tomatoes' gave me a completely random list of movies with some absolute shockers that scored below 50, for example.

The Apple remote can turn up the volume on my amp which is awesome, and when I sleep the Apple TV, it turns off my television. Awesome :)

Also, the future is weird:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

OldSenileGuy posted:

Does Siri search include iTunes Home Share results? I'm sure the answer is no, but I'd like to see it confirmed somewhere.

It doesn't, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

tonic posted:

Anyone tried the Plex app yet or not out yet?

not available on the store yet.