Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Are these things still not worth buying if I live in Canada and don't have cable (No Hulu, Vudu, Amazon Instant, WWE, NHL, etc. etc. etc. :smith: )?

Serious question, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Was not expecting my new Apple tv 4k with Ethernet™ to display EVERYTHING in Dolby Vision...

Watching Dragon Ball on Crunchyroll and the picture mode says Dolby Vision [Bright], when I'm pretty sure neither the app nor the series masters anything in DV.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

kri kri posted:

Set the Apple TV to 4k sdr

Why?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

kri kri posted:

so it doesnt play hdr for all videos

What's wrong with that though

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Is there a website that lists all the movie and tv deals for Apple tv/iTunes, preferably sortable by country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Flowing Thot posted:

Bought an Apple TV and wow this thing is so much nicer than any other streaming box or smart TV app setup I've ever used. Super fast and responsive UI and no ads what more could you want.

I love how the cursor moves as fast as i can tap the button