Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Is the power cable for the new model the same as the old one? I've got my old one wrapped up in tidy tubing and will do anything to avoid the four minutes it'd take to remove and replace it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

killa-pope posted:

Yep! 30 seconds to unplug the old one and plug the new one in, no cable wrangling required.

mulls posted:

I'm using all the exact same cables as the old one so I didn't root around behind entertainment center.

Marvellous, cheers.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

The same webview thing was said about the Amazon Prime app, which is also Quite poo poo from what I hear.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Good news for UK viewers: Channel 4 is finally making a tvOS app.

https://twitter.com/4viewers/status/995273696364417025?s=21

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Long, long overdue for UK viewers: Channel 4 integrates with the TV app now.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/04/02/all-4-tvos-app-tv-app/

Celebrate by watching Darkplace!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

You need to rest your thumb on the circle part when videos are paused, then the timeline icon turns into a circle and you can jog through.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

njsykora posted:

Why would there be a new ATV?

Because nothing else in the lineup uses A12s any more and Tim wants to consolidate. The next one will probably be an A13 or a Watch chip with an HDMI out.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

They have enough unsold Homepods lying around to cannibalise for the chips for those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

I believe you could do Home Sharing from a Mac or PC if you want to watch the downloaded version of an iTunes purchase instead of streaming but I don't think I've done that in literally over a decade.