Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

dexter6 posted:

Scroll down, way down. Then over.

Just where you'd expect it.

Wait, what? On mine the Hulu Queue is on the first row. It is way over to the right, where it took me forever to find it, but at least it's on the first row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
My primary disappointment with the new ATV is that there is no apparent improvement in handling multiple accounts. A set-top box is inherently a multi-user device, and I don't particularly want other users' plays and preferences influencing my Apple Music recommendations and whatnot.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

No one else with the delayed remote-connecting?

That 'remote connected' message pops up for me occasionally. I'm guessing the remote goes into some low-power/sleep mode and wakes up when it senses motion. I let always wakes up and connects fast enough that it hasn't effected my use.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Welp, time to return this.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
What's funny is that it's inconsistent - when their terms & conditions popped up, it used natural scrolling. Everywhere else has been flipped.

:iiam:

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Martytoof posted:

You're thinking of something more akin to OSX's dictation input.

(Or iOS's dictation input.)

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Seems silly to me that they didn't make one of the buttons a touchID sensor. Then, that could handle passwords and Siri/dictation could handle nearly everything else.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bass Bottles posted:

I wish the HBO app had a way to "favorite" certain shows. It's so annoying having to scroll through their entire catalogue just to get back to watching backlog episodes.

Yes. This and/or adding entire shows or seasons to the watchlist.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It shows my 4th gen, but there’s no volume controls?

Sorry if someone pointed this out already, I skipped past a bunch of posts during some temper tantrum about signing for packages like an adult.

When you have the remote app up, the volume buttons on your phone will adjust volume as long as you have hdmi-cec or whatever set up. I just discovered this the other day and :psyboom:

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
[quote="“Subjunctive”" post="“476683518”"]
Inspect Your Gadgets > AppleTV - Signature Edition
[/quote]

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
I’ve been seeing this too, and I’m glad it’s not just me!

edit: sounds like the same thing at least - I get what looks like a single (or maybe 1-3) black frame on the screen. Everything keeps going like nothing happened.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 3, 2018

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Has anyone successfully turned off the auto playing previews on Netflix?

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/2102

I’ve seen a bunch of people celebrating about this, and it seems like it worked for the iPhone app but not on the AppleTV app (which obviously matters way more to me.)

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Is anyone else having trouble with the TV app since the latest update? I keep finding the TV app’s “up next” section blank, and finding that I need to sign back in to my iTunes Store account.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Has anyone else has issues with the Apple Music app on the ATV lately? When I play an album, even though the track list is correct with no duplicates, it repeats a song or two on every album.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Has anyone else had trouble with the Apple TV’s Music app lately? If I try to play an album, even if the track list for the album is correct, it will seemingly merge tracks from alternate versions of that album if they exist.

For instance lots of rap albums will have duplicate censored and uncensored tracks play back-to-back.

It’s driving me crazy, but I can’t be the only one, right?

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Minidust posted:

So not quite the same thing, but it wouldn't suprise me if native TV apps just have weird ways of parsing metadata sometimes.

Yeah, it almost has to be some mistake in how they’re building the list of tracks when you press the ‘play’ button. It’s just infuriating because the album will display properly, but hitting play doesn’t just use that list, or the underlying search/filter that built it.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

TraderStav posted:

Well gently caress me, it works. Well, nearly does but good enough. Just doesn't power my TV off, but it'll turn off by itself after a period of time. Powers it on just fine though.

If it powers it on but not off (or the other way around) you might try unplugging the tv, letting it sit for a minute, and plugging it back in.
My tv does that sometimes and unplugging it seems to be the only way to get CEC working fully again.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

…free Mac upgrades…

What do you mean by this?

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

Exactly that, with Macs.

Interesting - I’m guessing that’s more likely to happen if you buy the baseline/stock models?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
I was really hoping for 120Hz just to avoid the delay from my tv switching frame rates.