Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I've been seriously considering an Apple TV thing, between needing a little box like that for one of my main TVs and some actual game exclusives I certainly wouldn't mind playing on a larger screen (mostly stuff from Sega).

But the last model came out two years ago and if I were to buy one now and a month later a new model shows up, boy, would that make me feel like having pie on my face??

There's probably no specific rhyme or reason for when a new model will come out, but for thread regulars what does the situation look like now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Some products get refreshed like clockwork, the ATV is not one of them. In that scenario, just buy one. Even if a new one comes out in a couple months, the one you have probably won't be that much different to where you'd have wasted your money.

njsykora posted:

Yeah, the current 4K is already better than it really needs to be. Unless they want to push Arcade more (lmao) there's unlikely to be anything other than minor upgrades for a long while yet.

Thank you, that's what I needed to know.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dicty Bojangles posted:

No Dolphin is a bummer for sure, hope they can get that sorted out.

They couldn't even get Dolphin on Steam without Nintendo immediately DMCA'ing the whole thing. It's very likely not happening.