Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm a little bit lost, but is the 64GB even realistically fill-up-able?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Today in literally the most useless accessories ever

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mahoning posted:

I think Amazon is pissed about having to give Apple a cut of the revenue (more specifically, HOW BIG of a cut) of anything purchased through an App Store app/iTunes.

Its the same on Android

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It will be on sale in stores this Friday

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I need to sell my current one. It holds no information, but it still feels like it'll be a hassle setting up a new one similar to how buying a new iPhone goes.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It only applies to things you buy with your iTunes account

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Subjunctive posted:

Right, but all digital goods have to go through iTunes.

Not if we dream hard enough.

But I'm sold enough on this new AppleTV. I've put my 3rd gen on the SA Mart for $55. Hopefully someone buys it right now.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
gently caress best buy

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Did we figure out how the storage can be filled up? If I can save $50 and not regret it down the line, I will do said thing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
probably they're both owned by google so why not

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
• suck my dick

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Did people not use PlexConnect before? Not that this isn't somewhat exciting news, but the amusement over the news seems really outlandish as if there weren't solutions towards using Plex before the 4th gen ATV.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Martytoof posted:

lookit all the people excited not to have to use a lovely hack anymore

I mean, it just turned the unused Trailers app into a Plex app. it wasn't that complicated

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
so what's the verdict is this thing poo poo or what

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I still don't understand the sizes of apps. Some people are saying the biggest app they've gotten in 200MB. At that rate, I'd need 320 apps to fill up 64 GB of space. It seems plausible on a phone, but I can't even begin to imagine what the hell is being done on an ATV to fill that space.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
your hdmi cable is hosed

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I think I might skip this Apple TV unless a crazy deal pops up during Black Friday. it just doesn't seem worth it in comparison to what I do on my ATV3. I have access to all the same content.

e: That I would use, I should say. I only play videos and until HBO, Netflix, or Beamer stop working on it, it's just not worth it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Its

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Cbs only has high ratings because the people rating shows are old white people and that's exactly who their network pampers to. Even Colberts new show is aimed for older people when it comes to who is being interviewed and what music they have on the show.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Trying to get a cheap 3rd gen AppleTV for my grandma. Where are they the cheapest and new or refurbished?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Got a new, unopened 3rd gen for $55 on Craigslist. Good enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm still debating if I want a new Apple TV. What is everyone doing with theirs that they didn't do on the old one?