Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Is there a way to properly normalize the audio across the various apps and ATV system UI? It generally seems that apps are much quieter than the system is, so if I exit an app and navigate to another one it blows my ears out.
It’s an ATV 4K with the silver lightning remote and the HDMI signal is being passed through my soundbar, if that matters, though I doubt that it really does. I’ve tried reducing loud sounds and I’ve done the wireless audio sync and it’s still like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Pseudo cross posting from the home theater thread, but can anyone give me an idea of how good or bad the HomePod stereo pair with AppleTV actually sound compared to an Atmos-enabled 3.1.3 soundbar w/ sub? If I can't get things working right with my soundbar I think this is the option I'm inclined to go with, especially since it seems now I can use eARC to send audio from my PS5/Xbox/Switch to the HomePods through the AppleTV.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I've determined the issue is actually the Max app on AppleTV just has terrible audio.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

When Ukraine became an independent nation in 1991, its leaders asked that the article “the” be dropped when referring to Ukraine. Ukraine’s etymologically descents from an old Slavic word for “borderland,” which would normally carry an article in front of it, and when it was part of the USSR the name made more sense in that context, but if Ukraine’s government has stated their preference to simply be referred to as “Ukraine,” then just respect that?