Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I'm not seeing any underwater screen saver... only arial and photos. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Mahoning posted:

I don’t see it either. And I’m on 4K.

Same here, ATV4K and no fishes. Maybe it's only on 4K TVs? Mine is 1080p.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Can the power button on the new remote send via IR or is it only via HDMI-CEC?

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Granite Octopus posted:

Pretty sure it’s only cec. There’s no option to program it at least, unlike the volume and mute buttons.

Bummer… guess I’ll forego buying one until my TV dies.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

smackfu posted:

Is there any logical reason that auto racing isn’t available as a sport they you can follow? They have stuff like college soccer in there but no F1 or NASCAR.

No, intellectual property and the accompanying licensing rights rarely ever follow any logical reason.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I don’t like any of the Apple remotes, but my Function 101 is just right for the whole family.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

You’re better off with a Shield if you want to do emulating.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Playlist inclusion has always been a Glass ceiling for classical

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Cozmosis posted:

Are there any good replacement remotes that don’t need line of sight? Annoyed that I have suffered the random “power button falls off the Siri Remote” and apple wont replace it. I know there are ways of getting around it but I liked the convenience. My ATV is in a cabinet so IR remotes won’t fly.

I like the button simplicity of my Function 101 remote (https://function101.com/pages/button-remote-for-apple-tv-home), but obviously it doesn’t do gestures. I just use my iPhone as a remote in I ever need that option, which is barely ever with my usage.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I’m pretty stoked over non-jailbroken emulation coming to the ATV.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Yeah makes more sense to have extra space now, I didn’t think emulation would ever be an option at the time of buying but my how times change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

No Dolphin is a bummer for sure, hope they can get that sorted out. SSX & offspring are one of my all-time favorites.