Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Average time between new models is around two years. I wouldn't expect a new one for at least a year.

I can confirm the following, but I'm not going to search the App Store to find the rest: Plex, Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music Prime, Spotify

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Strange thing happening with YouTube - when ads come on, the screen goes blank then shows the ad, then black again before resuming the original video. Audio plays as expected while the screen is doing this. What's causing that to happen?
It's switching video modes. I forget the details, but that's the long and short of it. Something weird about how YouTube displays that Google doesn't care to change.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here is a fun thing I learned: there is no way to unpair the current remotes from an Apple TV other than to get a new one and pair that which will supposedly override it. This is relevant because mine got wet or something and started sending constant phantom presses which makes doing anything at all on the TV frustrating because I was constantly fighting with it. So it is currently wrapped in foil until I can get a new one or the battery dies

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

It’s just ATV. Thank you for respecting that.

With emulation coming I’m a bit sad I didn’t get the 64GB one ATV. The dolphin emulator should be drat awesome and I’m reasonably sure it should be able to upscale game cube games to 4K.

Dolphin's not coming

https://oatmealdome.me/blog/why-dolphin-isnt-coming-to-the-app-store/