Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

canyonero posted:

Remember that you should be able to combine Discover's Apple Pay bonus if you buy in store. Not sure if BestBuy supports Apple Pay yet.
They do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

No one cares.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

New Apple TV is now on the refurb store:

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/appletv

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Craptacular! posted:

Even just adding the stuff the iPhone has now would require adding location detection etc to the ATV.
It runs iOS and has Wi-Fi. Core Location should be trivial to use assuming Apple exposes the API to developers. I have not looked at development for the new Apple TV yet, but there aren't really any technical reasons why an Apple TV can't determine your location with same accuracy as, say, a GPS-less iPad or MacBook.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Apparently Apple quietly flipped the switch for single sign-on tonight:

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/11/03/single-sign-on-now-available/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

My TV demands must not be sophisticated enough because I bought an Apple TV 4 today, played with it for about 20 minutes, then put it back in its box and returned it in favor of my old Apple TV 3. Just about all I do is occasionally rent movies on iTunes and turn on Netflix while I fold laundry.

The ATV4 seems like a nice device, and maybe I'll revisit it down the line when I hit a limitation with my current ATV3. I'm curious to see how tvOS evolves.