Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I’m trying to make my screensaver more Christmas-ey.

Is there a way I can get an Apple TV loop of a fireplace on the screensaver? Right now I use SiriusXM or Plex to play holiday music so what immediately comes to mind is adding a video to one folder on Photos. But videos don’t auto play in the screensaver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Haha Yes! Perfect

:tipshat:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why would the podcasts app on my Apple TV not sync up at all with my phone? I can airplay the podcasts app from my phone I guess, but it seems a little silly that my “Now playing” and other activity isn’t reflected on the ATV version.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
It adds a Center Stage thing even for old phones like the 11 Pro. I definitely see us using it for family-to-family FaceTimes, beats passing around an iPad Pro.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Seemed to use the phone to me, although it improved rapidly through the call. Could have been my imagination, or maybe it's learning the room acoustics and doing some beam-forming-like signal processing to cut down on echo

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
For people that use the FaceTime on AppleTV via iPhone do you notice the other side has a lot of audio issues?

It’s like a 1990s half-duplex speakerphone—other side will start talking and then audio cuts out while their lips are moving.

At first I thought that it was me leaning my iPhone against the center channel to set up the camera—that my microphone is picking that up and doing something weird. But I’ve moved it around and it always happens. Other parties are iPhone 14 Pro or recent-ish iPad.

I’m trying to figure out if I can diagnose or play around with it myself without subjecting entire families to it.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I might try it again with my (apple silicone bumper) case off. Tim needs to let me janitor my setup with an array mic.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Warbird posted:

Pretty sure I know the answer but is there any decent flight radar app for the ATV? Kiddo loves poking at my phone and looking at planes on Flightradar24 as a reward. It would be nice to toss it up on the TV as a passive thing for a few minutes so she stops associating as much with our phones.

You just reminded me of this delightful post but unfortunately it appears iPhone only so you'd have to AirPlay Mirror it. The controls don't seem easy to port to ATV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

Wiim Amp

It really whips the llama’s rear end