Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
Any word on a Kodi app? If not I think I am going to keep my old ATV3 and get a Shield instead. The Shield can do 4k and also run Kodi in addition to whatever else like Netflix, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
get a nvidia shield and use kodi instead. the sheild does all the work so your lovely mac is basically a nas.

Does Hulu do 5.1DD audio on ATV4? I can't believe I am stuck with poo poo stereo on ATV3 in 2015

dutchbstrd fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 3, 2015

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
I like my nVidia Shield much more than my friends ATVs. It has pretty much the same poo poo besides the ESPN app, from what I can tell.

The big upside of the Shield is 4k support and since it's android you can do whatever. For example I have Kodi installed to stream from my NAS, which is much better than PLEX imo. Kodi also has AirPlay which was the killer Apple feature on ATV for me.

Also I can run every emulator you can think of which plays all the ROMs from my NAS as well. I can also stream Steam poo poo.

I love the thing.