Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrEnigma
Aug 30, 2004

Moo!
Can you pair two bluetooth output devices at the same time? I know it can do one (speaker, headphones, etc) and I don't know anything that can do multiple, but I'm hopeful...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrEnigma
Aug 30, 2004

Moo!

Rick Sanchez posted:

Seems like a small thing, and maybe you could do this on older Apple TVs, but I just discovered, totally by accident, that you can trigger the screensaver on the new ATV whenever you want.

1) on the home screen, either highlight the far top, left icon or press the menu button (NOT the home button) until it automatically highlights the far top, left icon

2) once the top, left icon is selected, press the menu button again. This should automatically trigger whatever screensaver you have set

We have a lot of people over to hang out and our photo screensaver is always a great topic of conversation, so knowing how to activate it without going through the settings is fantastic.

You can just double tap the menu button as well I believe.

MrEnigma
Aug 30, 2004

Moo!

Minidust posted:

Is the 4K power cord any different from the 3rd gen? I'm about to upgrade and wondering if I can just use the same wires and swap boxes.

Same plug, I'm probably on the 2nd gen plug still.

MrEnigma
Aug 30, 2004

Moo!

Shaocaholica posted:

All 3 are the newer type. They all have the headphone jack too. I'm able to connect all of them one at a time just not all 3 at the same time.

Pretty sure the Apple TV had 3 Bluetooth channels only, and one is used by the remote. So maybe if you can disconnect the remote and use an IR you could get 3?