Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Wait, there's a working Jailbreak for the ATV3 now? :tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

FCKGW posted:

Might as well plug JustWatch which will very plainly tell me what media is available from what service.

https://www.justwatch.com

This is what I use too.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

This is the main reason why I went the Roku Ultra avenue when I moved on from the ATV2 - I was sick of looking for the remote all the time when people would walk away with it or whatever, or it'd fall in the couch, etc etc.
The Ultra has a button on the actual device that makes the remote beep, and obviously you're not going to lose the device itself that's plugged in v:shobon:v

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I never thought about remote cases :tviv:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

sonatinas posted:

I’ll try that when I move. Part of a couch does block it but would think Bluetooth wouldn’t care
Yeah, Bluetooth is definitely not "a line of sight" thing, it's more of a Wi-Fi thing.
I just tested it because I had to go mess with the sprinklers (it won't stop raining) and I was able to move stuff with the remote through 2ft. of concrete.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 9, 2023

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Listen. Do you smell something?

:wink:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I agree.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

One day someone will tell me why people preface Ukraine with “the.”

Have you ever been to the Canada? Ever visited the Egypt? How was your trip to the France? I once went to the Sweden. Remember that time we went to the Spain?

Ukraine is at war with the Russia.

:goonsay:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 8, 2023

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

We’re from the England. Got it. It all makes sense now that we have an affinity :v:

e: im stopping with this, it just always strikes me as odd. Back to AppleTV and soundbar remotes that were sacrificed to the sofa god.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Hughlander posted:

You mean 'The' United Kingdom?

That’s not what it was called in 1776.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

It was fun when Steve would come out and say “This is what you can do with iPad.”

This is iPhone. Look what I can do with iPhone.

Oh wait I forgot AppleTV. You can stream stuff using AppleTV. Where can I buy AppleTV?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Is there such a thing as a TV that doesn’t have CEC?

I thought that ended 15 years ago.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Or just take the batteries out?
What are we even talking about here? :stare:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

You can’t take the batteries out

My drill says otherwise, but YMMV.

Or buy a microwave, I guess, or a magnet, or go donate it to GoodWill.
Like, this is the dumbest problem to have.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 10, 2023

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

So it is currently wrapped in foil until I can get a new one or the battery dies

He already did that, bruv. Try to keep up :eng101:

edit: Look, the remote requires 1.21 jiggowatts to work as needed or get it to 88mph in a car and give us a trip report.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 10, 2023

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I am curious as well.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

To be fair, I have a Roku Ultra 4k box that I paid $179 for, and a 4k AppleTV, and I don't see a difference between the two.
If anything, the Ultra is more flexible, but I still love the ATV too :h:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

The NVIDIA thing?
$199 for the pro version, $149.99 for the normal one.
Source

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

FCKGW posted:

Roku makes more money on selling ads than they do selling actual hardware now. Amazons hardware division is unprofitable.

The AppleTV is priced fine, the rest of the field is artificially low to drive eyeballs for their ads.

Pihole solves this :v:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

That makes sense.
But I have my Pihole so tightly configured it's ridiculous, and I'm ashamed :saddowns:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

tuyop posted:

Yes I have this issue too. Nothing restores the touch part of the app except restarting my loving phone. Sucks extra because my ATV is used and didn’t include a remote.
You can have mine with a remote for the cost of shipping and like 5bux because traffic is terrible here, a fiver for a 45 minute round trip drive sounds reasonable.
It’s not 4K though.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Replied :cheers:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

kri kri posted:

They need to put an actual AirTag into the remote. The locator thing is kinda okay, but an AirTag that chirps would be better.

I agree. I have an AppleTV in the bedroom and a Roku Ultra in the living room, and on the actual Ultra there is a button that makes the remote chirp until you find it and hit a button. I also wish my AppleTV had this :(

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I am taking a cruise to Caribbean next month, then off to Netherlands, back to United States of America and then having dinner at Cheesecake Factory with Dwayne “Rock” Johnson.

Living the life, I’ll tell you hwat :slick:

E: President Obama said it :smugdon:

:thanks:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 22, 2024

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

quote:

The name of Ukraine is frequently interpreted as coming from the old Slavic term for 'borderland' as is the word krajina.[20] Another interpretation is that the name of Ukraine means "region" or "country."
In the English-speaking world during most of the 20th century, Ukraine (whether independent or not) was referred to as "the Ukraine".[21] This is because the word ukraina means 'borderland'[22] so the definite article would be natural in the English language; this is similar to Nederlanden, which means 'low lands' and is rendered in English as "the Netherlands".[23] However, since Ukraine's declaration of independence in 1991, this usage has become politicised and is now rarer, and style guides advise against its use.[24][25] US ambassador William Taylor said that using "the Ukraine" implies disregard for Ukrainian sovereignty.[26] The official Ukrainian position is that "the Ukraine" is both grammatically and politically incorrect.
We can all copy/paste Wikipedia.
But honestly, I think they're currently more pissed off about what THE MUTHA RUSHA is doing to them than pedantically white-knighting the lack of the article "the."

YMMV v:shobon:v

I love the "I don't mean to derail, buuuutttt...." posts :ukraine:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

It’s just ATV. Thank you for respecting that.
This :v:

It also fits their whole moniker “Look what I can do on iPad!” “I use iPhone to call people!” “With Pencil I can kill people in a bar like John Wick, leave Dog alone!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Isn’t that just basically reverse AirPlay though?