Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

https://function101.com/products/button-remote-for-apple-tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Cozmosis posted:

Are there any good replacement remotes that don’t need line of sight? Annoyed that I have suffered the random “power button falls off the Siri Remote” and apple wont replace it. I know there are ways of getting around it but I liked the convenience. My ATV is in a cabinet so IR remotes won’t fly.

I just bought this:

Connects via Bluetooth to the Apple TV. I'm not in love with it, I should probably spend the time reconfiguring our Harmony remotes while they still work, the hand feel isn't great.

THAT SAID, it works, meets my goals of having an Apple TV remote less prone to being lost and not having to dig out a separate remote when I want to use the Blu-ray player or adjust some setting on the TV. It was $50, it's solid for $50 as long as your expectations are it is a much more customizable version of the universal remotes of 20 years ago,