Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

TinTower posted:

Literally the first thing I downloaded.

Device is understandably rough around the edges. No iCloud Photo Library option I can see, obviously no Podcasts app, audio options look buggy (I can see "Apple TV" and "[AirPlay icon] Apple TV". Hopefully 9.0.1 will fix these. :sigh:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748522&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post452110580

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

ufarn posted:

Sounds like you don't have HDMI-CEC enabled on your TV. Manufacturers call this different names in their settings, so here's a list: http://www.howtogeek.com/207186/how-to-enable-hdmi-cec-on-your-tv-and-why-you-should/.

Thank you very much for this. The remote to my Marantz receiver broke and I'm pretty sure this is gonna fix it. Good excuse to get one for me haha

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
My receiver isn't HDMI CEC compatible :(

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Subjunctive posted:

I'd be a little surprised if most music had enough range that it would trigger, but I'm far from an expert. Or I need to get more into the new "Explosions & Whispers" genre.

Yes you are far from an expert.