Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Kilometers Davis posted:

So grabbing one of these at Best Buy tomorrow is definitely not happening, right?

+thanks to everyone who explained a little about Plex. Sounds neat. If home sharing ends up going stale on me I'll check it out.

Order from Best Buy says 11/4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Looks like Best Buy is putting them on Backorder if you bought one online.

:argh:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Kenderama posted:

Here is the BAD news - official from AppleCare on the phone.

"New AppleTV does not take it's input from the Remote App (iOS or WatchOS - I asked) and not sure if it is going to."

I complained loudly and asked they pass that upwards. But gently caress whoever's decision that was. Some of us have 14 character passwords. :/

What in the gently caress. This is beyond stupid.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Feenix posted:

Day one... Month one... maybe even Several months... people who buy the ATV need to treat it like a new beginning. There's gonna be better/more features but right now it's going to be "Early Adopters Ahoy!"

Yeah why in the gently caress would someone think that the remote app would work with the new apple tv.

:rolleyes:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Yeah. I'm actually thinking of canceling my order now.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I really thought this was the Apple TV that Apple would not half rear end.

Went to cancel and the goddamn thing has shipped.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

The ATV4 can do 3DTV content.

lol

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

So far this thing feels half assed and is a little underwhelming.

Used it for a total of 4 hours last night.

It crashed/rebooted on its own 8 times. Displayed NOT AVAILABLE about 1/2 the time when I tried to airplay to it in several different apps on my iphone 6s. Amazon Video app did not work at all. Would not use/see my iphone 6s to do the set up at the beginning. Lost connection to the remote several times (even while using it). Every game I played (except for Asphalt 8) stuttered. NO support for the Remote App is just plain stupid. Scrolling is wonky at times- especially when using the keyboard. (Charged the remote for 2 hours before using it)

That said - I like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Vevo, etc. I like the search function and hope it expands to everything on the ATV4. Asphalt 8 played very well and looks great. Being able to FFW and RW with a swipe is great as is just saying "Go back 1 minute" or "What did he say?"

There is a lot of potential here. Hopefully an OS update fixes the stability and performance issues. 9.1 just went into Beta so we shall see. Would love to see a jailbreak and the ability to customize the hell out of this thing.

Here is a feedback form for the ATV4. http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html Everyone with issues should fill this out.

For now this will be replacing my ATV2 and Roku 3 in my living room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

canyonero posted:

Did I miss this getting released? Or do you mean using AirPlay to stream the Amazon Video app from your phone to the Apple TV?

Sorry. Airplay with Amazon Video app would not work at all.