Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

McGavin posted:

Priority #1 for infrastructure spending: Justin gets a new $10 million house.

quote:

Rideau Cottage is a two-storey home is located on the grounds of Rideau Hall at 1 Sussex Drive -- just across the street from the prime minister’s official residence.
Umm, isn't 24 Sussex a good 20 or 30 minute walk away from the Rideau Hall grounds? Not exactly across the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

Two thoughts One, this makes me happy to be Canadian. The synagogue helping not the arson I mean. Two, when I am done my semester, who would like to see me make a Helsing style effort post on how the LPC won from an insider? I will not spare punches about our fuckups, but I would also like to note that the LPC win was not entirely based on the NDP vote collapse. It was a factor, especially in Quebec, but there is alot more.
I would read the poo poo out of this.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Isizzlehorn posted:

Fed a ballot into the scanner/shredder machine today, not much hope for my riding because lol 905's, at least Oshawa will 100% go orange.
At this point I'm wondering if the 905 will be the only solidly blue part of the province, with every other region seeing a mixture of support.

That being said, I'm still voting NDP in a 905 riding that's virtually guaranteed to go PC.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I'll laugh even harder when the PCs have no choice but to play nice with the NDP in a minority government.

Although the true comedy option in that scenario would be throwing their toys from the pram and forcing another election in a few months, and getting utterly decimated at the polls from a fed up electorate.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

flakeloaf posted:

Sounds like a real peach.
Those sure are a pair of profoundly punchable faces.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
It's about time the OLP stopped pretending they're a progressive party.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

quote:

“Our sentences aren’t tough enough for people with guns that commit violent gun acts,” Ford, who refused to speak to waiting reporters when he left the city hall meeting, later told CTV.

“I think we have to toughen up the sentences and we can’t let these people out in a few years on parole and let it happen again. Or somebody gets arrested on a Friday night and they get bail and are back out on Wednesday for retribution. That’s absolutely unacceptable and I think there was a consensus in the (meeting) room on that and I think the laws have to be changed.”

Tory spokesperson Don Peat said the mayor “is on record talking about the need for tougher gun laws and parole laws.”
Who needs to fund mental health services when tougher gun laws can deter shooters that don't have full control over their decisions and actions?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I'll eat my own hair if Ford even tries to address Toronto's homeless problem in a way that doesn't involve rounding them up and shipping them to labour camps in northern Ontario.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I'm the outfit that looks like it was stolen from Lucille Bluth's closet.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I really worry what will happen when Ford decides to introduce legislation to upload Toronto's subway to provincial control, something he actually had on his platform. Will the city have any real way to challenge this when he decides its time to pursue this or can he just use the NWC to push that through with no challenge or debate?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Common sense leadership really worked out well for Toronto in the 90s.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

I had to do the same in Ottawa after moving back to Ontario from Quebec. Having a photocopy of my previous DL didn't help. Had to come back 3 times. For various reasons, including "why does your name have accents on your birth certificate and not on your passport?"

Luckily I had access to a car, still driving all the way to Gloucester and back on my lunchtime was a challenge.

Drive Test sucks.
Getting hosed over by Drive Test is a proud Ontario tradition and initiation ritual for newcomers.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Watch DoFo take the TTC out of Toronto's hands, then sell it to a private operator.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Grouchio posted:

At least you guys don't have to deal with your senator selling her soul to summon a rapist to the highest court.
We're usually a few years behind on these sorts of things, just wait.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I think all that can be gathered from the latest round of posts is that lovely people can be found in significant numbers everywhere in this country.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

vyelkin posted:

My dude, did you forget about how he also ruined the Toronto election for no reason?
Also, flirting with starting a constitutional crisis in the process.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Why would the mayor of Brampton be at an airport in Mississauga?

*edit* Could be a convenient face to punch for tired and stressed out economy passengers coming from long haul flights.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
The first word is liberty, not that it matters considering how horrifically cringey that whole image is.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Leofish posted:

There are probably things I'm missing. This is just off the top of my head and I should spend some time getting you sources later today.
A lot of dumb poo poo has happened very quickly so it's easy to miss some things, but it's probably worth mentioning the sudden cancellation of funding for satellite university campuses throughout the 905 just hours after Patrick Brown was elected mayor of Brampton. One of the campuses effected was Ryerson's planned Brampton campus.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Patrick Brown is releasing a tell-all book saying he was targeted by his party in an attempt to ruin him. Seems like he's trying to drag his rivals down with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

We have that in Toronto, its called Presto.
:vince: