Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Also explains the air quality thing right in the article, stuff like wildfires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
OP updated with pertinent new information

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Hey fellas, I wanted to make a new thread, but I've been slightly checked out for months (read: busy enough to only post one liners in the Trump thread, which should be enough to get me drawn and quartered, or at least replaced as OP).

Short of somebody else doing it, I'd like to get a state of the confederation going. What happened in your province? How bad or good are the various parties doing, and what kind of year has it been?

I'm still going to do an expanded resources area for those masochistic enough to follow particular columnists closely, but the fact of the matter is that I barely paid attention to the Ontario election. A particular area of policy that I would like to focus on is climate change. It's going to be the knock down drag out issue of 2019, and getting a feel for who was on the right side of history first would be great.

Anyone who helps will get an immediate shout out below the weed status banner.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

That's a great starting point for Ontario, thanks.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Thanks, this will work.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Any BC, Quebec or Alberta goons willing to weigh in on their mess?

I've got a reasonable Ontario, most of the maritime provinces, and methapeg Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Thanks, buds.

mik posted:

Do you need PEI or is there some other sap in this thread who lives here?

Everything helps.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Deliberately scar your face.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I am sure in every major city in Canada, they have the same thing they have here. If you are on WeChat you can order tons of Chinese food cooked in pensioners' kitchens and delivered by "some guy." Cash only, naturally.

It's delicious.

Excuse me I would like to know more. Do they have this in Toronto

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

flakeloaf posted:

Not being able to speak Cantonese would be a barrier to entry here, wouldn't it?

My wife speaks Canto and Mandarin. I'm in.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

If you don't get the feeling that Canada is profoundly Scottish I don't know what country you're in.

edit: even Hong Kong and subcontinental immigrants FEEL Scottish to me when they're here.

Kafka Esq. fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Dec 15, 2018

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Yeah, if you drink and drive when most transit is free and you've had all year to save for a cab you're a filthy animal.

Happy New Year, fellas

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Raaagh am angry about policy

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Raaagh am angry about derail

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Somebody in the Chinese community loving loves dijon

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

You're never going to punch a Nazi, please stop pretending you will. It's very hard to find fascists to punch.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

who do you even think you're laying this sick own on???

I guess no one, you got me, BM.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"You can also play again as many times as you'd like."

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

infernal machines posted:

The "benefit" to raiding the camp is removing them from view, from a very high traffic spot, where thousands of people a day going in and out of the city pass by daily. There's no real public safety argument I'm aware of, the city just doesn't like the look of tent cities in the derelict space under the highway. The fact that we're aiming to spend a significant chunk of the state-of-good-repair backlog for Toronto Community Housing to keep a tiny section section of said highway operational, for less than 3% of Toronto commuters, says something I'm sure.
It could have been the dozen propane tanks lying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

I'm hoping CM just had a dark night of the soul and didn't go past his limit. That's some really rough stuff to read, especially given his tendency to tell us all it was happening.