Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It's a very good game that is well worth checking out, I think it is at least as good as Persona 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

My only thoughts about Cold Steel are about how much I wish it would come out on PC

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Just finished SC. Man, what a satisfying set of games. I just hope Cold Steel gets a PC port/3rd chapter gets a port at all

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

And then I have to buy that ridiculously priced memory, and then a controller, and then the game. Maybe if that wasn't the only thing I'd likely end up using it for

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Who the heck could hate Olivier, that guy is the best

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It's mostly just dialogue differences, so pick the one you like more. Or if you want to bring the better fighter, that's probably Agate

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

How is Xanadu Next? Action rpgs like that are usually extremely my poo poo

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Well, all of that sounds pretty rad, can't wait for November

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I knew CS would get a PC port eventually, now my faith is rewarded

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

If anyone wants, I'm happy to upload my max BP SC save when 3rd drops.

What does having a max save get you in 3rd?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Cyouni posted:

Whoo boy that price shot up in comparison.

Still instabought it.

It's the same price as SC isn't it?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Once you're in the hermit's garden there's a path with a shiny spot near the pool, that should have the bonus

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I think "Summer" is all we know so far, yeah

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

There's an enemy group in grancel castle that drops a ton of time/space/the other one sepith, in that basement area near the elevator. It's right beside some stairs too so it's pretty easy to respawn it. Doesn't seem to appear 100% of the time though

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If they live long enough they'll transform into a copy of a character and can drop weapons

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Okay there's something wrong with the Monochrome Schoolhouse puzzle. I've colorized all areas except the outside, but I can't seem to fix that area. I've killed 3 dark knights, are there more I'm missing?

Edit: wait, found last one, he was hiding in the bushes. I mean next to the bushes.

That one took me way longer than I'd like to admit, dude is just hidden so well. Or I'm blind :v:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

He was in chapter 1 too I think, voicing a different generic officer.

I thought it was supposed to be the same guy, but either way that dude owns

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I should have probably started on hard, on normal and the chapter 6 boss is the only thing I've died on so far

Not to mention I used Laura's S-Craft to take half the chapter 5 boss health off in one hit

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Yeah I'm suppose I'm not nearly as optimized as I could be

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I won't be satisfied until every character is a playable character. Just recruit some random rear end npc on the street and make them fight for me

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

No matter what they say or don't say we'll find out for sure the next time one of their games gets announced for localization, which as far as I know hasn't happened since Ys8 came out

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

BrightWing posted:

Wait, what's this about not ruining from fight? Cause I've been running from the super annoying mobs here and there.

300 won battles without running gets you a special quartz. It really, really, really is not worth it though. There's also one you get for running from 300 battles

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/951546365989081094

From these tweets I don't think you can really say what that whole thing means one way or another yet. It could mean that NISA does Cold Steel 3 or it could mean that XSEED still localizes the game, but NIS does any eventual switch port

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

How can you not like Olivier

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I doubt they're going to say a single thing about it until it's ready to come out, they've burned people on it like 3 times already

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Origin or Oath in Felghana is probably a good place to start. Ark of Napishtim too, maybe, but I haven't played a whole lot of that one myself so I can't say too much on it

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Rean lays on the "haha i'm so worthless" thing a little too much but other than that he's a good dude

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Nah, the Cold Steel dub is fantastic

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Excited to finally get them in English in 2025

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Why does bringing closure to the arc mean that you have to never see those characters again?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Can't main Duvalie or Anelace, worthless game

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

https://www.falcom.co.jp/2019/ New falcom game getting announced in two weeks? Not really getting an Ys vibe from the website so I can't imagine it's that. That's a sick rear end piece of art though.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I bought Ys 8 and I was actually kind of pleasantly surprised at how stable it was and now at the start of a Dana sequence in chapter 5 it's crashing every time, this really sucks. Was there ever some fan patch for the game?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Having to go back and forth to a spreadsheet doesn't seem like a very pleasant experience but it's also probably the only way you'll ever get to play the game for a long time so maybe it's still worth it? :shrug:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'm happy it's finally happening and I personally don't want to jump immediately to "gently caress NISA they're just going to gently caress this up anyway" but maaaan... I really hope they do this game justice. Also kind of a bummer because I don't own a console, but I wouldn't expect a day and date PC version from XSEED either. I just hope it doesn't take too long. Dodging the spoiler minefield is probably gonna be much harder when it's out in english

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Is there any reason to think that they wouldn't get the voice actors back? A bunch of them were in Ys VIII and have probably been in other NISA games so it's not like there's some aversion there

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Alard posted:

Beyond a different company doing the localization? There was one thing, but I don't think it's relevant to bring up considering some of the things mentioned so far.

I dunno maybe my NISA distrust isn't high enough but purposefully replacing voice actors in an established series with a dedicated following seems like it ventures into being almost spiteful. Like, maybe they won't be able to get every single one back because of scheduling or whatever but I have to imagine they'll make every effort to :shrug:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

You're framing it as some sort of damage control, though, like they wouldn't do it if people weren't so mad?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Onion Graham is a cool dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Xanadu Next is good