Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I can't believe I'm the only one who remembered these gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
The Zwei series gameplay is a top down action RPG with a focus on exploration and puzzle solving, while retaining challenging bosses akin to Ys and really funny writing akin to the Trails games' humour bits. Both games have a really nice aesthetic to them and a calming, atmospheric but upbeat soundtrack. Nayuta no Kiseki is basically the third game in the series if that helps people put two and two together on that.

The three games are all amazing and Zwei 2 might be my favorite Falcom game. Shame I'll never see a proper translation of the series. :smith:

Speaking of which I've been meaning to hack around with Zwei's resource files.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

SpaceDrake posted:

The last Falcom title on a Nintendo system was, IIRC, the disastrous version of Ys 1&2 for the NDS. They've never had good success on Nintendo platforms (Ys V...), so it's no surprise.

I thought that version wasn't even developed by Falcom? Whatever, chuck it in the pile with Ys V and burn it.