Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Intruder posted:

I thought the date for the hearing was after the Superbowl?

Didn't yesterday's brief ask for a December hearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The trial isn't likely to even begin until February. And even if Brady and the NFLPA lost all that would mean is ANOTHER new trial as the case would be sent back down to start over again - possibly with the same judge. And if Brady lost there he would be likely to also appeal.

and on and on we go

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Didn't yesterday's brief ask for a December hearing?

Don't know, I'm going off what I heard when the NFL first appealed right before the season :shobon:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

Did we see this? It's LaCanfora and he's always wrong but I still want to lol.

Steelers OC Todd Haley a strong candidate for Dolphins' opening
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25352974/steelers-oc-todd-haley-a-strong-candidate-for-dolphins-opening

Armando Salguero was asked about this on Twitter today and he said it's 100% false.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Based on what we've seen so far if the Dolphins even have an opening they're Real Dumb

Nov 6, 2002

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/26/nfl-appeal-brief-deflategate-ruling-judge-berman-tom-brady

quote:

The NFL’s brief is the first of three major filings in the appeal. The NFLPA now faces a Dec. 7 deadline to file a reply brief and the NFL will then face a Dec. 21 deadline to file a response to the NFLPA’s reply. It is expected that oral arguments for the appeal will be heard next February, although the date of the oral arguments will depend on the schedules of the three judges ultimately selected to hear the appeal. A ruling on the appeal will likely be made in the spring or possibly early summer.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Thanks, that clears up why I thought December was significant.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Based on what we've seen so far if the Dolphins even have an opening they're Real Dumb

They won't if they keep playing close to what they're doing right now, but it'd be a really bad idea to give the guy an extension and make him permanent before you see how he does against more then two of the worst teams in football.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

They won't if they keep playing close to what they're doing right now, but it'd be a really bad idea to give the guy an extension and make him permanent before you see how he does against more then two of the worst teams in football.

Oh I understand that, I didn't expect him to get any kind of deal before the end of the season

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Intruder posted:

What kind of contract would you have given Tomsula after his first game?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel just ran a pretty big piece on Letroy Guion and turns out he's a pretty massive piece of poo poo. Dude has had like three different spousal abuse incidents in the past few years and some Florida police chief claims that he is a drug smuggler. Normally I wouldn't trust the cop's word but he was busted with a pretty big amount of pot in the offseason.

God dammit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Change of topic, remember those incredible stream numbers Yahoo and the NFL touted?

per King:

quote:

But what we learned later on Monday diminished the impressiveness of those statistics, and resulted in a bait-and-switch feeling to the original numbers trumpeted by the NFL and Yahoo. A stream actually counted if viewers stayed on the game for more than three seconds. And in order to buttress the overall numbers, Sports Business Journal reported, anyone who clicked on Yahoo’s web page once the game kicked off had the game start on autoplay, resulting in a “stream,” whether the visitor had any intention of watching the game or not. In other words, anyone who landed on Yahoo.com between 9:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Sunday, unless he or she was remarkably nimble and could leave the site in less than three seconds after logging on, was counted as someone who “streamed” the football game. That lands somewhere between disingenuous and outright misleading by Yahoo and the NFL.

Actual per minute viewers averaged out to... 1.6 million.

For comparison's sake, the 1pm EST Dolphins - Jets London game did 9.9 million.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Even if they wanted to extend Campbell right now, they couldn't.

Rooney Rule.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

What kind of contract would you have given Tomsula after his first game?

Read the post directly above this one

bondster
May 6, 2007

NC-17 posted:

God I want Ryan Mallett to be cut so bad.

As an Arkansas alum that was there during Mallets tenure this story is absolutely true, it even became a running joke to students on campus. I believe that during his final year, there was a movement to get the student section to bring scantrons to a critical home game in Fayetteville though I don't think it gave any ground.

Another similar story I remember hearing is that Mallet when to a fraternity party where he yelled "WHO WANTS TO GET RYAN MALLET A BEER?" to which one of the members responded "WHO WANTS RYAN MALLET TO GET THE gently caress OUT?"

Nov 6, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

Even if they wanted to extend Campbell right now, they couldn't.

Rooney Rule.

I think in-house promotions have some kind of exception for the Rooney Rule.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Kalli posted:

Change of topic, remember those incredible stream numbers Yahoo and the NFL touted?

per King:

Actual per minute viewers averaged out to... 1.6 million.

For comparison's sake, the 1pm EST Dolphins - Jets London game did 9.9 million.

Some people were saying that tumblr was streaming it on its homepage or main site or however tumblr works

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yahoo owns Tumblr so yeah Tumblr was autoloading the stream as well from what I read

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Houston Chronicle reporter Dale Robertson:

‏@sportywineguy
Everybody else wants Brian Hoyer gone, too. Texans now accepting QB resumes. Never seen a more convoluted mess. And I've seen a lot.

corsair
Jan 10, 2001
Houston are a hot mess. I feel bad for big Vince.

Nov 6, 2002

Whaaaat?

Speaking of Vinces. I bet Vince Young is available. Time to go home big fella.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

‏@sportywineguy
Everybody else wants Brian Hoyer gone, too. Texans now accepting QB resumes. Never seen a more convoluted mess. And I've seen a lot.

Hahaha, wait, what? Like, now? Why?

Hoyer is bad but he is literally the best option Houston has.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

‏@sportywineguy

Everybody else? Does he mean on the team or like in the media or something because I can't imagine why the team would want Hoyer gone

corsair posted:

Houston are a hot mess. I feel bad for big Vince.

Big Vince has been pretty bad this year though

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is Rex Grossman available?

I feel at this point an offense of only deep bombs to DeAndre Hopkins is just what the doctor ordered.

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

Intruder posted:

Everybody else? Does he mean on the team or like in the media or something because I can't imagine why the team would want Hoyer gone

I know, I still feel bad for him though.

Nov 6, 2002

Jerome Solomon‏@JeromeSolomon
There is no doubt Ryan Mallett will not be a Texans by day's end. But Mallett is the least of the Texans' problem.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Lions play the Chiefs this week in London. WHO WILL GET FIRED NEXT

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hopkins owns but he's not a burner, you're not going to get anywhere having Grossman bomb it to him on go routes. He gets by on route running, body control and amazing hands

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
Houston should trade for JFF

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

Houston should trade for JFF

gently caress it I'd be down

JFF and Tebow, let them fight it out

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Hefty Lefty to Houston

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Assuming Houston is desperate and cannot bear to start either Hoyer or Mallet again, what can they possibly do? Sign a 33-year-old Jason Campbell and run the most vanilla scheme ever? Trade way-too-high a draft pick for a Colt McCoy or Brandon Weeden?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basically the situation is: everybody but the GM hates Mallet, everybody hates Hoyer, and nobody wants to sign there because they know they couldn't win with this poo poo which would mean they'd be the next to be hated by everyone

Intruder posted:

Everybody as in: The team. Everybody there expected a good season including playoffs. To say they're disappointed is the biggest understatement of the season. QB always takes the blame if the coach is new and everyone else isn't in danger of being fired, and here there's a clusterfuck where there's been no clear starter, just 2 constant bad QBs (and one IR'd bad QB who got off lucky)

Nov 6, 2002

Sign Tebow, run option every play.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Were the Lions really running a zone blocking scheme with mammoth guards Larry Warford and Lanken Tomlinson? If so, loving lol, I'm so sorry Lions fans.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
They could get Tebow and RG3

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I like thinking about how jj watts corny rear end is being wasted this year

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What do they do? Trade Hoyer for RG3? You're basically on the hook at that point.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Texans are only a game out of the playoffs, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They are, but in the same way the Buccaneers were last year.

Unless Kyle Orton appears suddenly, and the defense totally unfucks itself, I can't imagine the Texans doing anything.

• Locked thread